CHAdeMO or DC-Fast - Whichever it is Electric Vehicles Get a Charge Out of It!

Jay

Known Member
Mar 6, 2012
Kuala Lumpur

Currently, there’s strong support for a single-port fast-charging system for electric vehicles and both US and German automakers strongly support the notion by the likes of BMW, Ford, General Motors and Volkswagen to name a few.

The 26th Electric Vehicle Symposium (EV26) is taking place in Los Angeles right now and a few other car makers such as Audi, Chrysler, Mercedes-Benz and Porsche are amongst the many who are keen to show off their DC-fast system, which could charge most electric vehicle’s battery packs in as little as 15 minutes.

The Nissan Leaf here in Malaysia is going to require a full 8 hour charge, although a quick charge will only take half an hour and can only provide 80% of the battery’s charge capacity.

The International Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE) looks to make the DC-fast system a standard for fast charging and about time too with the system about to go on sale by the end of 2012.

Much like, “one plug to rule them all”; with such a standard having been put in place, it will help make EV adoption more viable. With greater availability for public access to fast chargers that could recharge your EV in a matter of minutes instead of hours, helps to take the pressure off range issues.

However, the issue of fast-charging has yet to be concluded with the introduction of Japan’s CHAdeMO fast-charge system with Toyota, Nissan, Mitsubishi and Subaru who happen to be on Fuji Heavy Industries’ band wagon for their CHAdeMO Association.

Source: hybridCARS

Attachments

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi guys, i drive a satria (non neo version) and would like to know how to remove the centre console (the plastic part where you put the radio at (usually wood colored for wiras or cf colored for satrias ) coz last time someone stole my radio and broke it, wanna take it out to glue back..
also, can anyone tell me how to remove the cluster meter too?? i know there are 2 screws on the top, but is that all?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience