catalytic converter

sarawaktrip

hi,

any gen2/persona owner has removed their cat con and replaced with bullet type straight pipe. was thinking of doing it. it is a bolt on type. hear it helps with the horrible perfomance of the campro. acceleration and fuel consumption also better? sifus pls help

george

Extractor wud be a better change. 4-2-1 type...There are many brands out there,hotbits, powerzone..cap ayam brand etc. Ur nick,Sarawaktrip,..from Kuching?? why not try out STY?? ask for their opinion...
From a bullet,cant feel much difference...

Welcome,.you also might consider changing your crankpulley..
The pulley at the bottom of the engine. It helps in lightening the engine load...
Mythology or works has them for campro..seen them somewhere in the market place section...:smile:

catcon will lasts about max 3yrs, after that u need to discard it. replace it with performance bullets.

drivin a 2010 persona here. plannin 2 replace da stock muffler 2 straight flow.

any pros n cons?

I remove my cat, install 4-2-1, get better fc...but must also upgrade high flow air filter...

There are three choices:

1) If u wanna gain some hp and improve the low end torque, then remove the catcon.

2) If u care for the environment and mother nature, then don't remove it.

3) If u wanted (1) but don't wanted (2) to happen, then option for high flow catcon. U might have to import it from the overseas due to its unpopularity in Malaysia.

Just my suggestion only:idea:

4-2-1 headers is the solution.

Here is mine

Chicken brand (Actually its copied from Super Street headers. )
DSC00171.jpg

Header with Top Cat midbox to be installed. The midbox is replacing the stock midbox to reduce noise generated by the aftermarket header.
DSC00170.jpg

DSC00173.jpg

Newly installed.
DSCN4035.jpg

View at the bottom.
DSCN4024.jpg

Relocated o2 sensor
DSCN4033.jpg

Stock manifold
140120115370.jpg

Stock Catalytic Converter (CAT)
DSC00177.jpg

---------- Post added at 03:52 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:48 PM ----------

oh ya forgot to add. got it from STY.

catcon will lasts about max 3yrs, after that u need to discard it. replace it with performance bullets.

Danz, really? Why? Will it malfunction aft that? Lifespan of cat con so shorT?

---------- Post added at 10:52 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:50 PM ----------

Best use cat con la... Car may be yours (personal). But earth belongs to all. Protect it even for your loved ones in the future?:wavey:

thats wat i heard la..........dunno true anot......
by removing it can get more pauwer also :)

catcons doesnt rob dat much power anyway, only like 5hp jer kot. change to a higher flow cat is better then to remove it, u can get more power from other stuffs

catcons doesnt rob dat much power anyway, only like 5hp jer kot. change to a higher flow cat is better then to remove it, u can get more power from other stuffs

Yeah! Let's be responsible drivers! :biggrin:

erm... planing to decat changing to bullet... but now in dilema after read veloc post :hmmmm:... hehehe

Top Bottom