Car Air-Con Cooling Problem

tuileihai

Mar 31, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
I want to know can the car air-con gas used up by itself, if there is no leakage? Can it be used up just like your car petrol or fuel and then we need to refill it up.

I always hear people say about refilling air-con gas. Am I right to say that, if suddenly your car air con is not blowing out cool air, there must be a leakage and not because the gas has been used up just like the petrol.

I keep hearing and reading people talking about refilling car air con gas.:hmmmm:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I want to know can the car air-con gas used up by itself, if there is no leakage? Can it be used up just like your car petrol or fuel and then we need to refill it up.

I always hear people say about refilling air-con gas. Am I right to say that, if suddenly your car air con is not blowing out cool air, there must be a leakage and not because the gas has been used up just like the petrol.

I keep hearing and reading people talking about refilling car air con gas.:hmmmm:
Nope, the gas or refrigerant circulates in a close system. If you need a refill or top up, means got leak.

tuileihai

Mar 31, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
Thanks for your info. Recently I had my car air-con checked. Suddenly it stopped blowing out cool air. When the guy at the air-con centre checked my car, he told me there was no more refrigerant(gas) left and there must be leaking somewhere in the system.

He told me by refilling would not solve the problem. It is only for temporary measure. In other words, you pay for the RM30 refilling is sheer waste of money.

After checking with soap solution, he found bubbles bursting rapidly at the short U-shaped rubber tubing connecting to the compressor.

Last edited:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
U shape tube at the compressor? The compressor should have a high pressure hose and a low pressure hose connected to it...:hmmmm:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys, as topic states my coilovers need a rebuild. So far only place that rebuilds hypermax 2 that I've been able to find is Garage R in Singapore.

Suggestions?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience