Cannot detect ECU

jeremylee81

Known Member
Jan 19, 2006
I'm using 4G92P fuel injection engine. The Mod i had done on my car that related to ECU only replace my auto gear box to manual G.B without changing to the manual ECU. and also i got a turbo timer that already broken but the wire still connected to the ECU.

my problem is the Mech can't detect my ECU when he use some computer console stuff to detect my ECU and then check my car problem at T.body(tuning after changing new T.Body). but My car seems to be normal as the 'Check Engine' light will go 'Off' few sec after i switch on.

The Question is, why the computer console cant detect my ECU?? is it bcz of not changing to manual ECU and wiring or is it bcz of the broken turbo timer?? need some advice, thanks :cry_smile:

Last edited:

acbc

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
KD
Is the engine originally from the car or transplanted? If the latter, most likely the diagnostic port is not connected. Seen many Wira to VR4 conversions with incomplete wiring.

BTW, what diagnostic tool ur mech is using? He should be using the right cable too, namely OBD-I not ODB-II (for 1996 cars n above).

jeremylee81

Known Member
Jan 19, 2006
He using the right tools, bcz he did run a demo on another car with the same engine as mine, and it really can connect. He even use his second computer console unit to read my car ECU but cant detect anything. but both of the computer console unit can detect the other car.

1 more question, is it replacing the gearbox from auto to manual without changing the ECU and wiring will cause this problem?? bcz from wat i know is auto car got 2 ECU, 1 for engine and another is for auto gear box.

or can it be my car got splash with a lot of water bcz of raining and causing this problem. bcz my alarm siren was not function for few days after driving under heavy rain. but the siren ok already yesterday, after the ECU checking.

need some help here.....thanks.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hello all zthians...

i have this problem with my proton 1.6 Sedan where the trunk has this cranking sound when the car is idling or when i am driving through a bumpy road....

so i was wondering tht is there anyone out there who had solved this problem... please share your solution with me if you dun mind...

thanks in advance...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience