calling all golf gti mkV owners!

Hands Up!!! :biggrin:

I will only be picking it up tomorrow though. Can't wait to get my hands on it.

so.. how is it? liking it so far? what colour did u choose?
mine is shadow blue...

hi,

erm i have a Golf V 1.6 FSi, i know its not a GTi but i am interested in whatever discussion about the GTi. hope you guys are ok with it since i cant find a thread for Golf V 1.6 FSi.

cheers,
mk

so.. how is it? liking it so far? what colour did u choose?
mine is shadow blue...

So far so good only had it since Friday mid-morning :rofl:

I chose black colour but its a pain because it gets dirty very fast but it looks good when is clean though. Had it waxed and polished on the weekend and it looks great too.

hi,

erm i have a Golf V 1.6 FSi, i know its not a GTi but i am interested in whatever discussion about the GTi. hope you guys are ok with it since i cant find a thread for Golf V 1.6 FSi.

cheers,
mk

No worries at all MK you are more then welcome to chat in here.

haha... good good... the acceleration rocks huh? where u from?
i'm from klang.. probably if we can get a few more mkVs, we can hold TT sessions or something like that...

haha... good good... the acceleration rocks huh? where u from?
i'm from klang.. probably if we can get a few more mkVs, we can hold TT sessions or something like that...

Yup the acceleration is bloody good =) hehehe.... I stay in TTDI....definately we can organise a TT no probs at all. =)

Any plans for your car yet?

er...not quite yet i guess.. hahaha... but i plan to chip it first... looking at the options available... i would say that abt is the best bet.. but i think we have to go down to s'pore to get it done...

hi,

i stay in PJ but i go to TTDI quite often, and i was wondering where did you guys order your VW Golf from, my dad got it from Qaswa Auto next to Domino's Pizza in TTDI.

cheers,
mk

er...not quite yet i guess.. hahaha... but i plan to chip it first... looking at the options available... i would say that abt is the best bet.. but i think we have to go down to s'pore to get it done...

Oic but isn't it better to reflash the Ecu.

I am going to reflash my Ecu soon and putting a Forge intercooler soon too and will do the dump pipe from the turbo back so hopefully it will go a bit harder. Hehehe.....

I bought mine from VW Cars too near Cycle & Carriage. Their service SUCKS BIG TIME. I will never buy a car from them or even recommend my friend to them as well.:mad:

hrm.. is reflashing reversible? is re-chipping reversible? not too sure...
yeahh.. i agree man.. their service sucks... slow... clumsy... and each of them are not sure about what they're supposed to do... hopeless

hrm.. is reflashing reversible? is re-chipping reversible? not too sure...
yeahh.. i agree man.. their service sucks... slow... clumsy... and each of them are not sure about what they're supposed to do... hopeless

Ya I think by reflashing the ECU you can reverse it if you don't like it but you can have a trial period of 6 hrs FOC if you want to try it out b4 even reflashing your ECU.

I agree with you man VW Cars sucks big time will never go back to them.

ecu reflashing is reversible but the simplest method is to rechip the ecu.. the best system 4 the fsi engine is the apr unit.. it's hooked up 2 your dash panel insert n the driving modes are selected via the cruise control switch.. they claim the diagnostic tester cannot trace this system so the warranty will not void if anythin else happens.. VW cars r kinda screwed cos they sell older models.. euromobil rox..

ecu reflashing is reversible but the simplest method is to rechip the ecu.. the best system 4 the fsi engine is the apr unit.. it's hooked up 2 your dash panel insert n the driving modes are selected via the cruise control switch.. they claim the diagnostic tester cannot trace this system so the warranty will not void if anythin else happens.. VW cars r kinda screwed cos they sell older models.. euromobil rox..

Have you done yours yet?

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom