bye-bye 20v, welcome 16v

littlewings

Known Member
just want to share here..few weeks ago i complete the swap on my engine. after i pakai until total..sayang jugak..anyway simpan duit while tunggu 20vBT..

engine2.jpg

BEFORE...

605654c9.jpg

AFTER..

i got the 16v from my mechanic approx rm2k. blacktop is what i plan to do but $$$ is d prob. for a while i just use 16v. here in sabah halfcut 20vBT cost around RM4k..

if u have bt inside di, u might as well buy engine kosong wat

ya lo.....syg la....what happened to the 20V.....piston pecah ke?sorry....i'm noob...

Mayb he just wanna save some money and just tolerate with 16v. After few months u will c a new monster..hehe!

maybe someone plan to play with atlantic spec 16v /gg~

just wanna ask: if i blow my engine can direct bolt on 4afe temporary use?

no need 3sgte la...
use the 4AGE-16V then add in turbo charge (TD06) + Supercharge piston + Intercooler (VR4 - RS). I'm sure you can beat the stock 3SGTE engine very easily, then total all also not so expensive as u buy 3SGTE. Horse Power will be around, 240.

is it....??budget around how much if get that kinda setting...?

td06? like that boost need to rev to how much before they came? if give me a choice i like small turbo that spool up around 2.5k rpm

Cost

scomatic said:
no need 3sgte la...
use the 4AGE-16V then add in turbo charge (TD06) + Supercharge piston + Intercooler (VR4 - RS). I'm sure you can beat the stock 3SGTE engine very easily, then total all also not so expensive as u buy 3SGTE. Horse Power will be around, 240.

Dude, how much it will cost if we install bolt on turbo ?
How long it need to leave the car in th workshop. Any recomendation w/shop?

Actually 16v also a good engine. Don't la said 16v like engine no good. 20v is much more advanced of course wif its add-on VVT features. It all boils down to individual on preference of engine that they wanna use and run on a car.

I personally use 16v 4AG since year April 2002 until now never had any problem wif de engine b4 jes fuel pump, clutch fluid leak dats all. Other den dat the engine running perfectly good.

Jes my 2 cents...

Regards,
Mike

rollakid said:
td06? like that boost need to rev to how much before they came? if give me a choice i like small turbo that spool up around 2.5k rpm

ermm... the tur kick in is about 4300-4800 rpm depend on your banana.

Budget arr... TD06 if not mistaken, the cost should be around RM1000, Intercooler RM400, Supercharge Piston should be around RM300, Banana... custom make should be around RM150.... Installer? I dunno what price at KL, but KB the fee should be around RM250-400.

then total would be around RM 2300.00

if want save budget abit, try go for TD04, price is around RM400 only. Turbo kick in is about 3500 - 3800rpm.

Then total would be RM1700

now i using the 20v svt, i use to get 16v gze before, but if comparing to the fuel price and maybe keep on rising....4age 16v is more save in FC even i not use that engine ..just personal point of view lor...more power = high FC

memang sayang...but what to do..my previous 20v hard to maintain. u know la.. after i hentam2 the engine. but the worst thing is, in my place (Sabah) always kena banjir. At one point my car kena banjir at my compound ##$%$^% then it all starts..
The 20v blok are now being used by my friend to fit with his supercharger..Sayang memang sayang but one thing makes me happy..fuel consumption..

no need 3sgte la...

yup..:)

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom