Hello Guest! Log in or Sign up for a full experience & ad-free!

BREAKING NEWS: Petrol will be RM2.70 a litre at midnight tonight

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search
jin,
Salute the guy who wrote that article. hehe I'm just forwarding and sharing it only. SO now, we can see ZTH members at petrol kiosks at 5am. hahaha

jin,
Salute the guy who wrote that article. hehe I'm just forwarding and sharing it only. SO now, we can see ZTH members at petrol kiosks at 5am. hahaha

...the person who spread the 'good' to the other ppl, it's a really holy job, i might says.. i salute u coz u have fate to read about those things which can really helps, & u spread it... with ur holy lights.. thats makes me salute to u...:smokin:

unlike some others just a kids to another but act like a real man which he/she dun even know wats he/she actually is... a "CHICKEN"!...:smokin:

anybody intend to install a NGV tank becos you think that the gas is cheaper shouldn't do it now,at least should wait until after 16 September. Judging from the increase of RM1 in diesel price, i think NGV gas will suffer the same fate. At the end of the day, installing a NGV tank become pointless once they the Bodohwi hike the gas price.

10% cut in allowance not good enough, say NGOs

PETALING JAYA: Just slashing 10% of the ministers' entertainment allowance and cutting down on their paid holidays is not enough.

cut 10%? why not 50%? why not go and cut down the pay to all high paid servants and take this $$ for the poor?

a lot of countries still have fuel subsidiary like china a net fuel importor and yet we kena slash the subsidiary fuel price.

NGV? sooner the price will shoot up one. just wait and see.

if want, get a hybrid or solar car better but the stupid G still impose high tax on hybrid car. unlike other countries they encourage their citizen to get a hybrid car. Potong dont manufacture MPV lar, manufacture hybrid car and help us save fuel lar.

thats strange in Mys... Hybrid vehicle facing more higher taxes than any other...

thats strange in Mys... Hybrid vehicle facing more higher taxes than any other...

hybrid is consider a better towards green car so the tax should be lowered a lot and the g should encourage us to buy hybrid car but instead they hantam kaw kaw tax. civic hybrid cost u rm160k. wtf. the engine only has 1000 or 1300cc displacement which is considered small displacement and yet u see the price tag damm high.

in, US people are encourage to use biodiesel fuel, methanol or wat ehtanol fuel or electric powered car but here :thefinger:

the lesser u bying the petrol, the lesser gov earn from u...

the lesser u bying the petrol, the lesser gov earn from u...

yes, u r rite.

thats y they dun even encourage we use LPG/NGV.

they dun expand NGV outlet nationwide. End up force us to buy high price petrol with no 2nd choice.

and we r buying low grade petrol at high price.

actually there is no subsidy at all from beginning. They earn every cents we buy on petrol.

:thefinger:

From a few post on this page..you guys give a view on what might be a G's plot..well I'm assuming only. This is what I've thought of.

The G increase the fuel price but mention that NGV price maintain and they encourage more people to install it...(I feel like it's a trap)...the G sure know more people will go install NGV and might suddenly out of no where they increase the price of NGV too....making a 2 dead end....you go NGV also expensive...you go petrol or diesel also expensive....

Well the above is just pure assumption....Maybe I think too much...:rolleyes:

TR

u are not thinking too much, its the Bodohwi tat is trying to squeze each and every cents outta rakyat pocket from you n me before he go 6 feets under,rumours say he is having heart problems already, its not that I m "black heart", I think its better he "migrate" to other world faster,this country will have a better chance to survive.

Oh well, i really hope this day will come soon....hopefully tomolo...

But then, there will b another one follow the same thing....

His the biggest risk to the country I guess. But anyhow, just wanted to share, I saw a promo from Celcom at BHP Kayu Ara that gives you free petrol vouchers when u reload ur prepaid. I think they are at least helping the 'rakyats' with the current issue.

This is an article I received written by an individual. See if it makes sense.

Gov't playing both sides - oil market and rakyat
William D | Jun 13, 08 4:16pm

How can the prime minister expects the rakyat to understand the reasons for the fuel price hike when a number of things don't make sense to us. Unless I missed out on certain issues in macro- economics, this is how I see our country as an oil producing country.

For many years, the government has been implanting in our minds that they have been subsidising the rakyat on fuel so that we would not be burdened by such costs. Now, if we are an oil-producing and oil-exporting country, why should there be such a thing as subsidy?

In fact, by exporting oil, logically speaking, we are enjoying revenue from the oil sold to the world market. Malaysia's export is at 230,200 barrels per day from 2004 to 2007. In 2008, there was a big jump in our exports at 611,200 barrels per day.

Since the mid-1980s, the inflation-adjusted price of a barrel of crude oil on NyMex had been generally under US$25/barrel and it was still at this level in September 2003. Having passed US$40, then US$50 during 2004, a series of events led the price to exceed US$60 by Aug 11, 2005, briefly exceed US$75 in the middle of 2006, falling back to US$60/barrel in the early part of 2007, then rising steeply, reaching US$92/barrel by October 2007 and US$99.29/barrel for December futures in New York on Nov 21, 2007.

Throughout the beginning of 2008, oil hit several new (inflation-adjusted) record highs. On Feb 29, 2008, oil prices peaked at US$103.05 per barrel, and reached US$110.20 on March 12, 2008, the sixth record in seven trading days. The most recent price per barrel maximum of US$138.83 was reached on June 6, 2008. So looking from the above, Malaysia made hefty sales this year which should overfill the coffers of Petronas.

But what about ‘subsidy’? If I were to understand the term correctly, it would mean that the government absorbs part of a purchase cost with the other part borne by the rakyat, and this can only come about when we import (not export) oil. Let us say we import oil at RM4/litre. The government then decidesto defray part of the purchase cost, say RM1.92, to the rakyat while they absorb the rest, ie, RM2.08/litre.

Only then can we say that the government is subsidising the rakyat at RM2.08/litre. Since we did not import (meaning no purchase cost), then where does the ‘subsidy’ come in? From the looks of it, the government is profiting both ways, a ‘double entry’ of sorts. One from the increase in oil prices from the world market and the other, from the rakyat who now have to pay the difference of RM0.78/litre every time they fill up their tanks.

By right, the money made from the oil sales should go back to the rakyat to ease their burden but instead, the rakyat is being treated otherwise. If other oil-producing countries can retail their oil at less than a ringgit per litre, why can't we? Incidentally, what happened to the RM5 billion that we saved after the last oil price hike? We were told that it would go towards improving public transportation and related infrastructure, but we have yet to see that happening and that was almost a year ago.

Umno has been living in extravagance all these years and its time for them to pull back. I have a few suggestions here:

1. The prime minister should move back to the old Sri Perdana residence so that he can be near the people (to feel their pain) instead of hiding away in that no man's land Putrajaya. His Majesty, the Yang di-Pertuan Agong needs a palace, the PM doesn't. The Putrajaya residence can be auctioned off with the proceedings handed back to the rakyat.

2. All ministers are now required to fly AirAsia or Firefly. If they need to fly MAS, make sure that they travel Economy. If a chief minister of a state (Penang) can do it, why can't the prime minister and his cabinet members too?.

3. All overseas study trips are to be curtailed.

4. Petronas to be made accountable to parliament. An international auditor must be appointed to vet through the books of Petronas followed by a public declaration in the various media.

5. All cars used by leaders must be relegated to a Proton Wira. The current guzzlers in use must be put up for tender sales with the proceeds going back to the rakyat.

Change our lifestyle? Let's start with you, Mr Prime Minister. What happened to leadership by example?

There are thousands ways to save money to subsidize all petrol consumers. Including reduce the head count and unnecessary expenses from the gov. But as the system was spoiled by the gov long time ago to please the rakyat, once its pipe dry or pump less, a lot of businessmen go bankrupt and direct/indirectly effect your job security. Other thing like crime rates, other economy sectors not include yet.

If downgrading yourselves to a scooter rider is impossible, then you should consider to find another part time job. Throwing the ball to other people will only let your faith to be directed/decided by other people. Now is the time to change and remove all the sht being left by the 22 years whowho governing. Start the reformation now probably is hard for everyone, but it will be better than continue to drag for another few years. After a while, everything will be alright. Chinese said, good medicine is bitter. When we are complaining, see Russia, the world biggest oil production country at the moment, their oil pump are selling 98 for R$28 (about RM4) and 97 at R$26 (about RM3.714). The money they gain, besides development, they also support a lot of environment protection bodies/organizations.

So, scooter is dangerous, not comfortable, get wet when raining, get sweat when not raining......and all are the thousands reasons for not downgrading. I just hope the company you work don't have any direct link or anything with the gov or its project. Else, wish you good luck on what you had angrily post without doing any justification. If one day the gov close the pipe and indirectly made you jobless, just don't throw the ball again to other people. Ministers' expenses cut 10%, pity to those hotel staffs who used to have overtime claims. End of this year may not have year end bonus. Those stationary shops will raise the price to survive as gov buy less. Of cause, everything continue to count. My friend who work in a multimedia company, is worrying if he still can maintain his job as a operation manager, as for the same reason.

Last edited:
Today 28/6/08 oil price USD 140.54

Yesterday Nite 27/6/08 USD 142.99

now we are waiting to welcome
Stage 1 to hit
USD 150

Then

Stage 2 to hit
USD 170

Final stage 3
USD 200

that time will be less trafic Jam .... haha
For a teh tarik may reach RM 2.50

What we can do is save the usage of petrol. if the gov subsidizing maintain the same as now or less, they won't have reason to raise again. If everyone keep on pump like nobody business like used to be, then yes, RM4/L will arrive next year. Else, stop all development, stop everything, and let the whole country live on our own few drops of oil.

*Panang lang now asking for their outer ring road and LRT, can tell them better to use the money to subsidize the fuel if you want. (then they will tell you subsidizing is no good)(same as if they ask stop building any house in KL/Selangor, or stop the IDR project in Johor, the people from there will fck back as well). So, stop the subsidizing and continue the development.

Raise fuel price = political suicide, as proven. and Dec 2008 is the Umno election. If price raise, then means really no choice. Not Pak lah, but the think tank (gov intelligent body) really have no better choice. Because cannot breach the IMF line.

Top Bottom