Boring and Stroking

-e f i n i-

Known Member
Dec 6, 2004
Kuching
Visit site
Okay, we all know boring and stroking can add extra capacity to our engines.

One famous kit is the stroker kit. We know just by boring the engine alone we cannot increase much in cc, as the space between cylinders just isnt enough.

On the other hand, if we stroke it, we make the engine a longer stroke engine, therefore at times killing revving capabilities. Engine rebore, however, delays response.

I wanna ask your professional oppinions on this matter.
Is it really worth stroking up the engine for extra torque and power while jeopardizing its revability?
Extra power is gained if we make the engine work harder by making torque come in later, right?
I've seen some stroker kits for SR20DET, and oh boy, if memory doesnt fail me, it increases the stroke to 92mm, much like our 3UZFE super GT engines.

Lets say, this engine has a stroke of 92mm, can we use 320 camshafts with high lift? With camshafts like that, the power only comes in at late RPM , ie: 10K RPM+, right? But how if 7600-8400 rpm is already near or at the limit of the engine already?
That means longer stroke engines have to settle with shorter duration and lower lift cams?

rainman2

Known Member
Nov 20, 2003
Kajang
yep, if u use stroker u need high rpm to get the max output. one is by increase the high lift using racing cams or the other way is by using big turbo 25G and above :)

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi all...

well i have this question... what is the difference between fully-synthetic engine oil and semi-synthetic engine oil and aso the normal ones ( i don't know what they cal this )... and which one is more suitable for my 8 yrs old 4G92P ride? ( mileage: 126148km )
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience