Bodykit repairs in Seremban

code

been some time since i last posted ;)

let's see, simple mods done
- pivot blue raizin...purchased at N1
- apexi neo....also at n1....dyno-tuned at gt auto....whp at 132. considering it's stock, that's a good number....should have bought the e-manage, unichip to tune timing, would get more out of the car. Anyway, The car does feel better, revs/idles better, more torque....fuel consumption, mmm spending the same amount weekly. so, no effect.
- found that mobil 1 worked best....was using semi for a while, changed the oil to Mobil 1 after the dyno, and found the engine smoother and quieter.

lingering in the mind:
- purchase MSMB 3.0 Racing - Braces - MSMB ... anybody tried this before?
- have in mind for another piggy/standalone then perhaps use the neo for show...
- decat, new header with ceramic coating.....quoted at 4k for this.
- supercharger......still looking around...planned 4 next year. Looking for customised ones, the branded ones cost a bomb :angry_smile:

back to original question:
- can someone recommend a shop in seremban that could repair body kits and paint as well. will be leaving the car in seremban for a week (have a good reason) and i might as well get the kit (trd stage 1) restored/repaired while i use another car. damage in a number of places-lah due to self-stupidity.

thank you. appreciate any help

sorry bro...not that we dont want to help or keep silent but most of the MR2s are in Johor, KL or Penang. Heard of a few lost sheeps in Seremban ( not including u).

thank you

tx dude for the reply....plans changed and looks like i'll be doing the repairs in Sunway.

...cut short: went out for lunch with a friend, talk-talk-talk, now i'm looking at these two for bodykit ideas to be installed on my gal. haven't seen/approved the final design yet, hopefully this wednesday....and completed before the superGT :) hihi feels somehow that i'm in a local version on overhaulin', but i have to pay-lah

¡Ú¥ì¥¯¥ê¥¹¡Û RECKLESS ¥È¥è¥¿ MR-SÍÑ GT¥Ü¥Ç¥£¥­¥Ã¥È
Gemballa Mirage

Last edited:
nice widebodykit. would you be importing it or starting from scratch? I know of someone who has a GT-300 Monocraft kit, if u like to cut the time to design a new set of kit.

from scratch

the thought came across my mind, ie use known bodykits, but when the designer said that he could design better...well, hehe that's a bold statement, give him a try-lah.

i've already seen the gt widebodykit and it's potential from here GT300-Spec Toyota MR-S - Featured Imports - Import Tuner, but the 'discontinuity' thing happening at the sides is a bit weird/offputting. but to think of it, that's kinda the trend nowadays anyway. we'll see...perhaps could make use of the gt300 monocraft measurements, ie how wide it should go and get the proper wheel spacers etc.

....i passed him some pics, side, front and rear, plus air scoops ideas from the zonda...

xtras:

-hehe will be very interesting to see what subi can come up with :cyclops:. If it's too corny, i'll just do simple repairs.
-super-black paint
-definitely no gull-wing :)

Subi is good. Love his promote kit. But u have to find out which fibre glass fabricator he is using. Many times have I come accoss wide bodykits that cracks easily on daily use. Also the question of waves on the bodykit if they are not skilled enough. Good luck bro. Would love to see the Reckless kit installed into the MRS. Looks good.

thank you again

tx very much for the kind advice....did some re-thinking.

happened to read hypertune vol65, and looked at the yellow wide-bodied honda beat....damn, that's straight fugly. Looked like the body has been carved out of a bar-soap....plus the weight penalty made me me think twice how fun-factor will be distrpted.

question dude: your friend with the monocraft kit, did he/she give any bad impressions on the drive quality? i could almost understand/feel that with the extra width, the experience can be better/interesting....worried that with a custom design have to be careful in terms of aerodynamics. hehe not proven in wind tunnel

btw....the kit belongs to me..making a mold of it now.
It is a bolt-on kit. so if u dont like it just remove it.
I will be trying it out also on my car....widebody one day(SuperGT) and remove it for other days. Back to DAMD look. Just have to match the colours though..hehe
Unlike certain widebodykits.. this is not a permanent kit as the MRS panels
are very simple to remove.
I got the shop to remove the ori panels, install monocraft widebody and removed it in matter of 6 hours (inclusive of phototaking and looking with awe).
So the MRS was back to standard look right after.
Only thing was to get the proper rims to fit it.

The SW20 MR2 requires cutting of panels and is permanent. Very hard to reverse effects.

If u like...with small mods u might be able to convert it to the Reckless look. :)
I had the same idea on the doors. Looked like the Veilside kit.

...finally, phase 1 complete...

duration 1.5 months
cost: let's see....nearly 10k. didn't go for the widebody look, too many variables to satisfy, trial n error kinda things ;)

these are some i pics i took just now. need to send in the car again for some wiring check up: the alarm is haywire, a lamp in the cockpit is not functioning, plus eyelid installation. It's ok, i've expected some hiccups, these things can be rectified (i hope)

Last edited:
pergi putrajaya rounding kah? :)

lots of work the kit? btw get the soft top "ears" tuck in. simple procedure. (inner belt loose)

hehe, yeah dude....never been on the bridge b4. hanged around until 10pm....thought of taking some pics around the mosque area, but too many people ;)

anyway, the excitement has sort of rubbed off because after a day spending time getting to know the car again, i'm now finding the overall work shoddy and mediocre.

mmm i'll get some more pics in the morning, the dog's bollocks.

on the soft-top mod, sure, tx dude...hehe mind too distraught to think anyhting about modding now.

Last edited:
there are replica kits from HK & some made from JB. the HK trial kit is relatively good copy(sunway). the JB one is a shade lower compare to HK kit.