BMW M3 CRT sheds the pounds w/video

Dinesh

500 RPM
Oct 13, 2006

This is the BMW M3 CRT. According to the boys from Bavaria, CRT stands for Carbon Racing Technologies, and yes, that’s a reason for you to jump up, whip your shirt off and swing it in the air because the generous use of carbon fiber helps it shed some weight, which is never a bad thing in our books.

Not to be confused with the M3 GTS, the M3 CRT differs in that it comes fully loaded with some of the creature comforts that you would require on your daily commute. The navigation and premium stereo system are all left intact. Furthermore, the M3 CRT is based on the sedan version of the M3 whereas the M3 GTS was birthed in coupe form.

The M3 CRT is a stage for BMW to debut its new carbon fiber production techniques. That very technique is used to create the new front seats as well as the lightweight carbon fiber hood that weighs just a quarter of the steel unit but is just as sturdy.

Further weight has been cut with the use of a titanium muffler, lighter 19-inch alloy wheels and less sound-deadening material. BMW even went to the extent of using a new lightweight compound to make the brake calipers.

A revised set of coilovers make the four corners their home and are attached to a more rigid subframe. Wider rubbers, measuring 245/35R19 for the front and 265/35R19 for the rear, keep the car in contact with terra firma better.

Power still comes from the high-revving 4.4 liter V8 that makes 450hp and 439Nm of torque. All that force is transferred to the rear wheels via the seven-speed dual-clutch gearbox.

Although not as hardcore as the GTS, the M3 CRT will definitely serve better as a track weapon on the weekends and the family commuter during weekdays. The century sprint has been set a conservative 4.4-seconds.

If you’re already calling your bank officer to get a credit check, you might want to put the receiver down as BMW are only planning to make 67 units of the M3 CRT and, all in Frozen Polar Silver with Melbourne Red accents and a black and orange interior.

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Op96Pz4OrYw" allowfullscreen="" width="560" frameborder="0" height="349"></iframe>

Source: Autoblog and YouTube

Civic Type R

Known Member
Jun 6, 2011
Sarawak
forum.myviclub.com
My all time FAV! :top:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

i just get manual boost controller, works engineering type. but i don't know how to install it. this is my picture of it. anybody help
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience