BMW expands local 5 Series offerings with 528i

Dinesh

500 RPM
Oct 13, 2006

BMW Malaysia has introduced a new variant into their 5 Series offerings locally, the BMW 528i, that will once again aim and set a new benchmark for the segment.

“The BMW 5 Series has always played an iconic role in the history and success of the BMW Group here in Malaysia as well as throughout the world. With the new BMW 528i, we introduce yet another strong contender to our successful breadth of product offering for the BMW 5 Series as well as to the Malaysiam automotive premiun segment,” said Geoffrey Briscoe, Managing Director of BMW Group Malaysia.

The resounding success of the F10 5 Series is quite apparent and the addition of the 528i should not nothing but spur the total sales of the model. Since the model was introduced in May this year, a total of 595 units have been sold, representing 20 per cent of the BMW’s total sales for the year.

Power for the 528i comes from a 3-liter inline-six pushing out 258hp and 310Nm or torque, allowing the century spring to be dealt with in 6.7-seconds. It also returns mileage of approximately eight liters for every 100km travelled.

On the inside, the 528i projects elegance and sportiness, just like any other BMW would. Even the center console is angled towards the driver, emphasizing on the driver’s car aspect of it.

One of the main features of the car would be iDrive monitor, that is the largest in the premium segment, measuring in at 10.2-inches. Keyless access and start functions are also part of the equation.

Handling wise, Active Steering combines with the Integral Active Steering to provide that works to keep the car pointed where the driver intends it to. The Dynamic Driving Control and its four modes also add to the driving pleasure.

Helping keep fuel consumption down would be the EfficientDynamics system that sees Brake Energy Regeneration optimize power usage.

Other features on the car include the BMW ConnectedDrive that displays info on the multicolour Head-Up Display. A four-zone automatic air conditioning system keeps the temp to each occupants liking and an electric glass roof is standard as well.

If you’re planning to have a 528i parked in your garage, be prepared to shell out RM449,800, an on the road price that includes BMW Service Inclusive and repair but without insurance.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hey guy's need your opinion especially those who are using the hotbits exhaust system.

Option A: Custom stainless steel exhaust system from a shop in Sunway, fellow forumer. 4-2-1 extractor, 1 long bullet then staight to muffler. (straight flow setup) Piping i will follow ori size. Tauke quoted me rm900. Anyone know where to get heat wrap if i custom??? Will it be too loud?

Option B: Hotbits exhaust set, around 1.2k.

Which one is more worth? Hotbits got good reputation but is...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience