BMW Concept CS

imoloq

1,000 RPM
Nov 1, 2005

High-end luxury 4-door coupes are all the rage. First, Mercedes-Benz introduced the CLS, then came Porsche and Aston Martin with the Panamera and Rapide respectively. Now, BMW has jumped on the bandwagon and presented the world with the BMW Concept CS at the 2007 Shanghai Auto Show.

As usual, with concept cars, details are not available yet. The CS is based on the 7-Series and uses the newest 7-Series platform that is still under development. Unlike the 7-Series, it has a lower roof line, giving it a sporty and sleek exterior. The aggressively-sculptured front end gives it a muscle car-look.

Performance-wise, the CS will be using a 6.0L V12, which is derived from the 5.0L V10 with 2 extra cylinders. The extra large kidney grilles in the front are required to sufficiently cool the engine and provide airflow for the intake. 21-inches wheels shod with low-profile tyres will transmit the power via the rear-wheels.

The interior is like something out of an alien spaceship. Shiny knobs dominate the main console. A gracefully-contoured dashboard makes the interior look futuristic and the aluminum pedals complete the sporty package. Although it's a four door coupe, the rear can only accommodate 2 passengers in molded seats.

The CS also features new technology from BMW. The headlights uses Innovative LED Reverse Projection. In other words, light is not projected directly on the road; rather they are focused on a reflector, which conveys the beam on the road ahead, producing a consistent and powerful beam. An added advantage is that motorists will not be dazzled by the beam since they are not looking directly at the projectors.

And as a testimony to BMW's attention to detail and to complement the flowing lines of the body, the door handles are hidden in the bodywork. Controlled by sensors, they only move out when passengers approach the car.

Date of production is not confirmed for the CS yet but some sources believe that the CS is a near-production car. With luck, we will be seeing the CS on the road within the next few years, along with the Panamera and Rapide. Anyone want to make a bet whether Ferrari will make the next 4 door coupe?

Source: Autoblog

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Kinda reminds me of both the Aston Martin Vanquish and the BMW 6-series... cross breed or something. The interior is something tho.... nice

jeffblazed

1,000 RPM
Nov 7, 2004
fuuyooo damn scary la the car....i think if u pass by any primary school the kids see the car surely cry one la.....damn garang la this car.......i surely can get used to this car.......

sebastianloeb

Known Member
Dec 26, 2006
Ya! look like a bodybuilder car there! Not worth for 110kph highway speed limit. But whoever own this breed of car in malaysia would definately hve no problem to pay the speed ticketsssss.

Vagabond

1,500 RPM
Mar 1, 2007
sensor controlled door handles!!! Thats damned cool, i'd love to see how that works!

menghua84

Known Member
Feb 15, 2004
skudai/ perak
Visit site
imagine u bought the car.. and the door sensor rosak and you can't open the door.. hahaha.. the cockpit is stunning!!

bangkai_jk

1,500 RPM
Sep 4, 2005
m
omg.. using 7-series platform.. its BIG!! btw the interior is so sweet.. wanna lick it.. haha

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi
I looking to do alignment and balancing for my tires. I need a reputable shop that did a quality job around Klang Vallley with a reasonable price.

Thank you
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience