*****Beware of High way Fraud!! *****

Hikaru

3,000 RPM
On 3rd of July my friend and I were having a 15 mins rest at Seremban resting area. I was pumping gas and my friend was caught by an auntie when he left the restroom. I went up there to find out what's going on. She asked us about the old way to go back to JB without going through the highway. She said she's from Penang and heading back to her hometown but the Hotel receptionist at JB called her up to inform her that she left her wallet and bag in the room when she reached Sungai buluh. So now she has to turn back to JB to pick up her bag and she's running out of money and asked us to lend her some money and promise to return by wiring when she reaches Penang. We walked away without lending her any money.

We immediately think she's a fraud as we have heard the same story from another friend of us a week ago. He's a lorry driver and met the same lady with the same scenario.

She is middle age, Chinese, brown curly hair, dark skin, wearing glass, about 5 feet tall. She speaks fluent English and Hokkien, but she also mentioned that she can't speak Cantonese or proper Mandarin. She was alone and driving a Negeri Sembilan plate, NBM 6101, silver color Kelisa.

We ain't too sure but that will be a damn coincidence to have different people met with the same fraud in different day with the same scenario.

Skeptical fact:
1. it’s quite a distance from JB to S. Buloh and she probably could have aware her wallet is not around long before that.
2. How does she manage to pay the exist toll fee from S. Buloh without her wallet.
3. Why does she turn back to JB when she doesn't have money?
4. A middle age auntie travel from JB to Penang alone with a Negeri Sembilan car plate?

I don't know. I have heard there is lots of fraud out there recently and we met this. Anyone encountered this before?

Last edited:
In fact, the Seremban rest area(obviously u r refering to the main one as u mentioned pumping gas, so i guess it's the one with Petronas) is a KNOWN place with frauds going around. There have been cases of people doing these, and also selling counterfeit branded watches(Tag Heur, Rolex, your pick ;) ) for a premium as well. The keywords is to NOT give a damn about anyone unless it's someone u know.

My father was one of the "victims" of the watch thingy, the watch only worked for a week and would not run anymore after that :rolleyes: Only happened as he was left alone while we went to the toilet, guess he was blinded that there was never such good deals around :p

Never lend money to stranger! Maybe a few cents can lar..just take lar

Yup it was the main Seremban resting area at Petronas. In fact there were a series of highway crash about 1km from the resting area on that day as well. Atleast 10 cars were involved. Sunday, around 4pm.

I should have taken her picture when I actually have a digicam right in the car.... ;)

Well, i don't mind giving those RM1-2 to the typical money beggars going around food courts, at least, we are doing charity in our point of view, doesn't matter if he/she is a fraud in those cases, RM1 can't even get u an English newspaper nowadays, and they'll leave once u give some sort of offering anyway.

But this is not a case of offerings, it's plain "borrowing" of money which is definitely more than RM10(i'm not surprised she asked for RM50 or more).

Shawn, thanks god my mum wasn't driving back to Puchong last weekend ;)

And thanks god your mom wasn't driving back from JB to Penang with Kelisa..... :D

Seriously I just wanted to post up as an alert to other road users. Luckily I was travelling with my buddy and not my gal or else I'd be either listening her mumbling for being mean and not giving a hand all the way back or she'd be kicking herself couple weeks later. ;)

Hikaru said:
Seriously I just wanted to post up as an alert to other road users. Luckily I was travelling with my buddy and not my gal or else I'd be either listening her mumbling for being mean and not giving a hand all the way back or she'd be kicking herself couple weeks later. ;)

What would be the case if you kena con instead?

There is another place where you guys have to be careful. The exit to klang from KESAS highway. After the RM1.50 youo will have 2 exit. The first one is to Jalan Kebun and the second one is to klang/banting. I am talking about the second one. Becareful when someone just knock your car window at the trafic light at the mention exit. He will tell u many stories ...I kena twice already..the same guy saying that his moto/car send in for repair and have not enough money to take bus to go home.. he said he had walked 5 kilometers already and now very tired. Need your bless to take him to klang bus station or where ever you stop the furthest.

When this guys successfully enter your car he will start asking money opening many stories and say he will pay back your money once he arrive home. Do not attempt to give him a lift although he looks very pitty.

wah still got ppl do like that. last time during my college life i also encounter lots of fraud case already. those say no money lah no money go back lah and so on.. what i do is for no money eat i will ask him join me for makan... he sure run away one...haha

Hikaru>
is it the seremban rest area heading out of KL? There very pelik la. Last time me & my cuzzins saw this lady driving Iswara aeroback (or was it Wira? 4got) selamba ram into the garbage bins by the pump. Shocked, she just stayed in the car when all the staff were going crazy at her... hheehehe! Then sum1 tried to sell me this watch he claimed he 'stole' from a tourist. I was thinking like "f. u la a-hole! If I'm polis, how you? mampus!" Idiot! When I reached PD I kena saman konon speeding.. basket. Bad luck la that place gives ppl!

fraud?

it everywhere.

Once a lady approached me at the open air car park as i was about to pay my parking fee; saying she needed $$ to go back to penang. She added that her car (kancil) was hit in the morning (judging by the smashed front lamp, she could be right)

BUT the continued tale of returning the money when she reach penang and she will go to the temple to pray if i help , and blah, blah.
I suspect her story is all made up.

anyway i did give her some money (out of pity, actually) . not for her predicament but the audacity to conjure a tale like that.

Top Bottom