B8 owners... let's share your B8's experience

Lan Dugong said:
vf10's new gearbox ratio pulled away from behind satria GSR at 2nd gear, by 3rd gear,...he's infront already....hehehehe....right VF10?

Lan D bro.. I think I know laa who VF10.. your brother in law haaa...

Yeah.. for me B8 is a low maintenance engine..perfomance wise...first time rides turbo car.. already got friendly match with lancer a174 sr 20 blacktop..
results..b8 infront.. that car pernah naik podium at Jempol..
now drive like romeo.. not sakai anymore.. minyak mahallah..hehehe...

hahaha ya la now have 2 drive gently cannot rembat here n there petrol prices are crazy...yupz it alwayz feels good to see the look on those posers drivin their fancy "VTECS" whn kena tapau from a car that is nearly 20 years plus...hehehe

Lan Dugong said:
vf10's new gearbox ratio pulled away from behind satria GSR at 2nd gear, by 3rd gear,...he's infront already....hehehehe....right VF10?

hehehe.. yup, that was the first time i admit that B8 180 is fast.. the previous faulty gbox makes my car damn slow maa... with tx3 1.8 body which is heavy, i was beaten by wira GSR lor... first freindly game with my tx3. quite a dissapoinment laa

now, with gud ratio..hehehe still don;t dare to whack the car kaw kaw laa.. tyre bearing out, 1 crossmember's skru loose (makan thread body lor), lower arm bushing shru oso loose... aiyaa... makes my life so miserable laa

sabar2

wat a day.....my car went over a puddle of water yeterday....n now....in workshop....inside the engine full of water.....scared conrod bengkok....totally canot crank d....i took out the spark plug n look inside the combustion chamber....i can put a few fish inside there....fuck d this time....

Lan Dugong said:
wife's lynx pulled away from behind PV6 at top speed...hehehe...followed a 318 at nkve...318 cilok, me cilok, 318 cilok, me also cilok but cannot overtake 318..he can pull away from wife's lynx damn fast..huh...just can follow only...separated at ipoh/kl junction, he showed my wife the finger sign, i was laughing...dont play play with mazda ford!!! hahaha...anyway, kena tapau also got....hehehe
wife drove my car, i was the co-pilot...one lansi Putra cucuk. i say to wife go a little slower, let him try to overtake from left...he did...when already side by side, i told my wife to slam the gas...pulled away from him so far but i managed to see that guy showed the finger sign...me & wife laughing like crazy man!!! that time was my car's old profile look.

lynx problem? mostly minor. except the gearbox leaking...hehehe....due to my crazy way of driving the car...huhuuhuhu...going to repair it soon....but dont know how soon...currently monitor the auto tranny oil and top up when necessary, change every 10,000km.

haha, ur wife also quite sporting ler...
wakakakaka :X-:

im goin to visit my car now....hope not much damage too....sad.....suppose to go back penang for my holidays now stuck here....
bro lan....10q for caring..i feel like crying...

9188.. don't give up on ur car bro... and don;t sell ur car laa..

i'm so sorry to hear that.. i know how u felt. we all do

10q VF10.....im ok d.....hehehe.....
by the way....how's VF10 turbine perform??....compare to standard 180 turbine???

SPEEDSPiRiT said:
1:-
a) dapao makcik jual nasi lemak's car
b) dapao unker jual roti's van
c) kena dapao by gsr stock, wiralution3,mivec turbo, kancil L5, kenari turbo, aunty bicycle
no joke!
:angry_smile::angry_smile::cry_smile:

2:- stock b8, not much history cos dont know the previous japan owner do wat to the car...stock boost... not yet up boost...

i think ur car dapao everyone that has posted here... heh

and didnt u say u QUIT zth.... tsk tsk....

i gena dapao by cuntchill....

chill...

vf10 wil give about extra 30-40 hp increase at about 1.0-1.2 bar boost...if im not mistaken

ohhh...vf10 can boost more than 1 bar safely....
but i think i'll go for ar.60 or td05....
still very long project....
now must make sure the engine working normal 1st

vf10 compared to vj20?hmmm....vf10 a bit laggish at lower revs but after boost kicks, rev goes fast till redline.vj20 is fast alright especially during 1st gear & 2nd gear.vf10 feels light and fast 3rd gear onwards. compared boost to boost, vj20 is faster in terms of higher torq at 1bar and below. vf10 feels lighter at 1bar and above. recommended max boost for vj20 is 1.2bar. max boost for vf10 is 1.4bar but i recommend 1.2bar to 1.3bar. 1.2bar/1.3bar boost with vf10 and healthy tuned engine plus racing clutch, external wastegate, bigger downpipe, what boost controller u are using, can give u 240whp with 34-35kgfm torque. depending on your gearbox ratio as well.
for a vj20 turbo with healthy tuned engine plus racing clutch, external wastegate, bigger downpipe, what boost controller u are using, can give u 200whp-205whp(could be a little more) with 30kgfm min. depending on gearbox as well.
both turbos are fun to drive with superb nice torque to play with on the road as daily drive.
longer gearbox ratio will make your rev travels slower thus lose on torque. remember, besides whp, torque makes a car fast, the rest depends on the setup and whether u are able to handle your car's traction or not....hehehe...
some said that a vj20 can reach 220whp but i guess the money invested is worth changing a bigger turbine and will gain more whp.
very big turbos can give big whp but the torque might be lower then expected if boost are not matched with the engine and setup.

been there done that....:regular_smile:

yeah...give me 5 man....hahaha
mayb i'll buy my fren's kkk24 since im using his kkk24's external wastegate....
k24 is slightly smaller at compressor side but bigger at hot side compare to td05...
bro lan, r u using banana?? wat turbine r u using now?
btw, wat's the diff between bkr6egp 11 n bcpr6es 11??
can bkr6egp 11 be used on turbo??

Last edited:
lets wait and see what is MR TKK list of cars he has eaten on the road .... sure will be spicy to read ...

9188 said:
yeah...give me 5 man....hahaha
mayb i'll buy my fren's kkk24 since im using his kkk24's external wastegate....
k24 is slightly smaller at compressor side but bigger at hot side compare to td05...
bro lan, r u using banana?? wat turbine r u using now?
btw, wat's the diff between bkr6egp 11 n bcpr6es 11??
can bkr6egp 11 be used on turbo??

i would prefer the cold side to be bigger then the hotside but to maintain the exhaust side fin. nope...no banana....or maybe not just yet. its quite hard to maintain the banana as it might crack due to engine & body pounding when going to an uneven road. i think if have a proper mounted steel holding the banana to the engine body can solve the problem.
my turbine?....smaller then a td05 and t3 hehehehe....shhhh....

BKR6EGP-11
B=14mm thread diameter
K=Hex size 5/8" projected tip
R=Resistor Type
6=plug heat range. the bigger the no, the colder.
E=thread reach is 3/4"
G=??? it could be the firing end construction using fine wire nickel alloy center electrod.
P=Firing end construction. Premium platinum. is this the platinum plugs? hmm...not recommended to be used in turbo engines...so far BPT & 4E cant suit with the NGK platinum plugs.
it should be either G or P. only one firing end construction needed right? hehehe
11= wide gap of 1.1mm

BCPR6ES-11
B=14mm thread diameter
C=Hex size 5/8"
P=Projected insulated type.
R=Resistor Type
6=plug heat range. the bigger the no, the colder.
E=thread reach is 3/4"
S=The firing end construction. The standard 2.5mm diameter center electrode.
11= wide gap of 1.1mm
So from here, we can see that mostly both are them are identical except the firing end construction type used. thanks to the NGK partnumber definitions....hehehe....

whao....u know almost everything thing in detail huh?!?!?....great man.....10q...
now i understand more bout plugs...
btw, very secretive bout ur powderful b8 .....hahaha....

thanks to friends & internet who are willing to share infos. that's what internet & friends are for.
my powderful b8??? hahahaha....no lahhh not powderful...power rangers....hahaha....heavy body some more!!