B8 owners... let's share your B8's experience

VF10

Known Member
1) What car u manage to tapau? or get tapaued? hehehe

share with us those glory....

2) Ur B8 problem... of course got history maa

a) mine, gbox pernah pecah.. rm2k burnt already.. damn expensive Tx3 gbox lor
b) driveshaft gelong (looks like previous owner modify the d/shaft, the d/shaft is shoft, so he well it to the CV joint.. shit!!!!) ... rm250 change to TX3 d/shaft
c) water pump pulley KOYAK!!! all because of faulty crank pulley (gelong).. RM100 for both water pump pulley and crank pulley
d) white smoke while warming the engine early in the morning... is there a problem?
e) and of course.. the tepet sound.. how to get rid of it laa?

Last edited:
wooooo.. this thread is very dangerous oooooo..

manage to tapau people walking on walkway huhuuh..

Standard B8 is already powerfull... If u got 210 huhuh.. no need to change ur turbine..

What i heard BPD 210 is legend for 1.8.. in early 1992 until now lahhh.. hehe i think laa..

xperience..
2wd Gear box like wanna cry if kebabo... <-- most prob people have..
parts hard to find - rare item laaa... if can find.. dam xpensive..
bla bla bla.. alot more...

short word..
LOVE UR CAR.!!! Dont spoil it..

for those who haven convert to B8 convert it ASAP coz B8 halfcut is nearly gone on face of the earth hehehe..

for those B8 owners who have xtra money buy one halfcut B8 and keep it in ur house incase of something hehehe..

Last edited:
i;ve experienced gbox pecah recently...

previous gbox damn slow.. ratio 3krpm 5th gear 115kmh.. with stock engine + turbo.. my TX3 kalau maa VS my fren wira GSR T (body 1.3 if not mistaken)

i was using 17" JRD rims... he's using 15" rims (got FMIC VR4 oso)

i was boosting 1 bar and he claim he was boosting only 0.6bar only... WTF???!!!

really ashamed that night laa... now with my current ratio setup.. i'm looking forward to repeat the game.. huhuhu

my fren in seremban who's using satria VR4 220 horsies tapaued by 210 BG.. hehehe (both stock condition)

fren vs fren laa

now my fren is looking for BG with B8 inside laa... hahahah damn funny

with my current setup i tried before with my cousin he using vr4 with tdo5 boosting at 1.1bar on a putra aprox 259whp on dyno chart. i did not eat him but we were side by side i was boosting at 0.9bar... heheehe feel good bout it... ehehhehheh

wow, nice nice
here's my experience :

1. NA no need to discuss further. Tried with bm 328, side by side only, i cant run away, he also kenot tapau me. Airtrek also kenot tapau me, jst side by side. he claim he din switch on boost B, i claim i don even have boost controller !! also tried old subaru wrx, also kenot run away that fellow. most respected car for me is the skyline nad evo tommi makinene edition. both cars from 2nd gear onwwards already kenot see them !!! walau, wat an experience

2. problem was with my TB sensor sometime back. changed TB 3rd time already now. maybe i've bought all the B8 TB in the market liau ! hahahah. G/B still intack, but nowadays hardly rev the engine coz too sayang and parts are hard to come by. drive shaft now suspect, so taking it even slower...biggest prob for me is air-cond compressor, dam thing always leaking and its so hard to find anymore. i've already changed it 3 times. next i wanna ask mechanic to modify bracket to fit perdana compressor. :)
3. Ahhh...the famous tepet sound for mazda. solved it 70% woth motul semi syn oil. oil is really expensive but i find it better than Q8 or any other brands. Q8 particularly din do it for the tepet, at 3000km my tepet sound like a broken choir, plak plak plak tik tik tik tap tap tap tik tik tik barabing barabung !!! niama... but now with motul seriously better. i highly recommend anyone with the tepet problem to try

peace fellow B8s

all having gud n bad time i see... hehehe

azam... how bout u? manong claimed that u're the fastest in ipoh.. true arr?

regarding the tepet sound.. anybody tried oil treatment like Tufoil, X1R, or Motor
UP? anyone?

we're using turbo engine.. of course laa wanna try side-by-side with other turbo car maa... winning or losing is other thing.. the satisfaction while pressing ur throttle hard is superb.. but if can win is more better laa.. if get tapaued definitely can;t have gud sleep for 1 month... hehehe

it's not like we're challenging others,and i'm not saying B8 is the best, but of course sumtimes we wanna try n see how fast our car really are rite?? doesn't matter laa if we get smoked by an evo or skyline. "I'm using 180 maa.. what do u expect". hehehe

last time when i'm using kancil L2 i cucuk rapat waja evo 4 at seremban.. his fren who's using vtec stopped beside me when we're stopping at red.. he said "itu depan waja enjin evo 4 maaa...." and i replied " aiyaa.. i know laa, just wanna see how far the evo can smoke my L2, oh btw i was boosting 1.4bar with stock condition..." ... his vtec fren my think that i'm insane laa.. wtf hehehe

so i rev hard, get ready to launch behind the evo... then it's green, released the clutch... waaaaa WTF!!! the evo didn't launch, i almost hit his rear bumper (mahal lor color dia)... INSTEAD HE GAVE ME HIS EXHAUST FLAME.....hahahahaha shit laa that guys.. me and my co-pilot laugh like pontianak in the car laa...

VF10 said:
1) What car u manage to tapau? or get tapaued? hehehe

share with us those glory....

2) Ur B8 problem... of course got history maa

a) mine, gbox pernah pecah.. rm2k burnt already.. damn expensive Tx3 gbox lor
b) driveshaft gelong (looks like previous owner modify the d/shaft, the d/shaft is shoft, so he well it to the CV joint.. shit!!!!) ... rm250 change to TX3 d/shaft
c) water pump pulley KOYAK!!! all because of faulty crank pulley (gelong).. RM100 for both water pump pulley and crank pulley
d) white smoke while warming the engine early in the morning... is there a problem?
e) and of course.. the tepet sound.. how to get rid of it laa?

1:-
a) dapao makcik jual nasi lemak's car
b) dapao unker jual roti's van
c) kena dapao by gsr stock, wiralution3,mivec turbo, kancil L5, kenari turbo, aunty bicycle
no joke!
:angry_smile::angry_smile::cry_smile:

2:- stock b8, not much history cos dont know the previous japan owner do wat to the car...stock boost... not yet up boost...

aiyaa... smoked by kancil L5 maa? kenari turbo oso.. u'r launching at 2nd gear ke? hehehe

VF10 said:
all having gud n bad time i see... hehehe

azam... how bout u? manong claimed that u're the fastest in ipoh.. true arr?
No la.Im still a good driver with a heart of a good citizen.Never tapau anything and never play with anybody.Just like to drive only...

azamnecrone said:
No la.Im still a good driver with a heart of a good citizen.Never tapau anything and never play with anybody.Just like to drive only...

azam is a good driver i guest.. but he always ask people to drag with his seefoo.. dun know why...

tried the motor up before, no it doesn't get rid. also tried all those engine treatment with mineral oil. made the oil really thick. my advise, don't do it. it's gonna screw u even harder as time pass.
ideally, take all 12 hydraulic lash adjusters out and clean them. if the springs aren't broken, that means they are still usable. make sure to get rid of all air bubbles BEFORE you put them back. follow up by changing engine oil to semi-syn 10-40 (the correct viscosity for B8). and then pray really really hard.... :)

flatlander525 said:
azam is a good driver i guest.. but he always ask people to drag with his seefoo.. dun know why...
hahahaha.i like see people drag n drift.Live in action also best.Kalaula citer initial D is a real story,mesti best!!!huhuhuhuhuhu...tahu master!

Last edited:
im always kene tapau with standed car....
i dun no Y.....

my problems i faced with my b8 are rather silly one's like the crank pulley pin suddenly tercabut on highway,
driveshaft kong once...
other than that b8 is quite a reliable engine and the power is superb...recently been having problems with the turbo actuator resulting in boost spikes and some stupid problems with the fuelling...
well the cars that i can say kena tapau from b8 is...a putra evo2(dono what boost he running...i was running at 0.9 bar,
apart from that got la a few gsr's and one vr4...also my favourite was one lansi EG with B18C...well this was all about 1 year ago...since then haven't driven my car much...
well i did not have any tappet sounds whn i was using shell advance semi-synthetic but since i used caltex semi it started and now i changin back 2 shell

huh...interesting topic....jarsofclay....hehehe...EG lansi B18C. been there done that. too many histories...most of them are sweetttt....
Problems? My beloved gearbox 3rd gear gone, later the casing also gone. anyway, current gearbox still can rock. other than that, everything is good..there's always minor problems in every car...
tappet sound? hmmm....mine 200,000++km already...still ok. Alhamdulillah. I change shell semi-synthetic every 3000km. but now since the price increased...short-term expenses cannot tahan. will switch to GTX2 and change every 2000km i guess.

wife's lynx pulled away from behind PV6 at top speed...hehehe...followed a 318 at nkve...318 cilok, me cilok, 318 cilok, me also cilok but cannot overtake 318..he can pull away from wife's lynx damn fast..huh...just can follow only...separated at ipoh/kl junction, he showed my wife the finger sign, i was laughing...dont play play with mazda ford!!! hahaha...anyway, kena tapau also got....hehehe
wife drove my car, i was the co-pilot...one lansi Putra cucuk. i say to wife go a little slower, let him try to overtake from left...he did...when already side by side, i told my wife to slam the gas...pulled away from him so far but i managed to see that guy showed the finger sign...me & wife laughing like crazy man!!! that time was my car's old profile look.

lynx problem? mostly minor. except the gearbox leaking...hehehe....due to my crazy way of driving the car...huhuuhuhu...going to repair it soon....but dont know how soon...currently monitor the auto tranny oil and top up when necessary, change every 10,000km.

Top Bottom