B18C-R Wannabe

Black^Mugen

Xcuse me..Hope sifus here can help me a little bit.

1) Can i make B18C (GSR) 180PS(176HP)@7600rpm to the level of B18C-R 200PS(197hp)@8000RPM only with this mod :-

-B16A 1st gen integra head (pnp done) + B16B intake valves + B16Bcams + B16A exhaust valves + B18C-R intake manifold/throttlebody/injectors/fuelrails

-the bottom end is B18C GSR with B16B pistons (10.8:1)

-OBD0/small V wirings n ecu (rechipped) isntead of Type-R ecu n wirings.

-aftermarket headers

2) What's the difference between B18C GSR block compared to B18C-R in terms of it's crank and conrods measurements,weight and material?I only knew that its pistons only had 10.6:1 CR while B18C-R is 11.1:1. Is it safe to put in TX3 83mm pistons while the standard size for B18C is only 80mm?

Thank you..

u can put the 83mm piston, provided you make sure the cooling system is in almost perfect condition and don't forget to add block guard.

u need a better ecu or aftermarket engine mgt.....useless to mods so much but your mapping still the same

1) it can be done. with the right tuning it should hit the same power but it wont be as smooth as a type-r long block.

2) u can find the differences by searching through the net. if u prefer to go the "malaysia boleh" way by putting 83 pistons inside a b16/18 block, or Dc5 86mm inside a b20, u can try tho but i dont recommend. aluminium blocks are fragile unless the car sleeps at home or workshop all the time or its some super-duper one-time-run-money-game car for drags.

thanks for the answers..after all may i know the difference between B18C and B18C-R blocks?

Black^Mugen said:
Xcuse me..Hope sifus here can help me a little bit.

1) Can i make B18C (GSR) 180PS(176HP)@7600rpm to the level of B18C-R 200PS(197hp)@8000RPM only with this mod :-

-B16A 1st gen integra head (pnp done) + B16B intake valves + B16Bcams + B16A exhaust valves + B18C-R intake manifold/throttlebody/injectors/fuelrails

-the bottom end is B18C GSR with B16B pistons (10.8:1)

-OBD0/small V wirings n ecu (rechipped) isntead of Type-R ecu n wirings.

-aftermarket headers
With B16A 1st gen Integra head (PR3) on a B18C bottom, plus B16B pistons (PCT), take consider if you're using the OEM 3-layer gasket, you compression should be around 11.75:1 which is significantly more than B18C Type-R stock compression.

Does anyone know the difference between this two blocks? (B18C GSR/SiR & B18C-R)

B18C-R :
1. Connecting Rod - High-output, high-durability, lightened, custom conrod
2. Crankshaft - Full-balancer, 8-weight, high-output, custom crankshaft
3. Engine Stiffener - Aluminum die-cast, high-durability, one-piece type
4. Block height??
5. Pistons - High-compression, low-friction, custom pistons

Can we just replace B18C's block internals with R's to gain more torque??(I just stick with 81mm pistons)

blackmugen

wow!, why so in-depth?.

here is the mini-list comparison that i can think of based on what u have written(theres more to it, u can do a web search or you can ask your mechanic to physically compare them) :

-molybdenum coated piston skirts
-light-weight reinforced piston pods
-full balanced 8 weight crank shaft
-hand buffed valve seats
-hand buffed valve ports
-valve seat opening angle
-light weight inlet valves
-high lift valve springs
-lower friction pistons

"Can we just replace B18C's block internals with R's to gain more torque??(I just stick with 81mm pistons)"
There are more to it than just the so called long blocks. The flywheel. The fuel pump. The better gear ratio. The light weight chassis. The aerodynamic. The ECU. The extractors. The exhaust system. The list goes on again. If you really wanna have that stock type-r feeling, get the whole halfcut and you wont go wrong from there. You can do the rojak, but a rojak will always be a rojak regardless of power and budget.

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom