B16A Exhaust Piping

TheSquee

Known Member
Hey sifus im running a stock b16a with a piggyback ECU and im planning to change my exhaust system. B16A Auto tranny. DO NOT POST NEGATIVE COMMENTS , yes i know it's an auto no point modifying and all that.. i will be changing to a manual in a years time so i gotta live with what i have now..

anyways im planning to get the B16B 4-2-1 extractor as the 2-1 section is much larger than the B16A. And i was told by a workshop that 2.3" or 2.5" with a single bullet and muffler ( s-flow ) on a B16A is fine and i did saw some members here that mentioned that they are using the following sizes on their b16a auto.. i do not want to go for a smaller pipe cause if i change to a manual i will need to change to a bigger piping so im just gonna do it now instead..

question is 2.3" or 2.5" :driver::driver::banghead:

and has anybody sent their cars to Ah Lai Exhaust shop at Taman Bahagia next to Avantgarde ? Are they any good?

for B16A (manual or auto) 2.3" is fine... 2.5" usually 1.8 and 2L uses it.

i would get some other extractor instead....some jasma approved 4-2-1...take note i said jasma approved...not jasma brand

then 1 bullet with 1 s-flow muffler... when u change to manual....then only think of straight flow

yeah. madman has answered u already. and about ah lai, no comments. im a regular at avantgarde tho, maybe u can ask him lol.

i'd highly recommend ah heng in USJ. beside JP racing, opposite what motorsports. i did mine there, and i am so impressed i didn't even bother with their slightly higher pricing.

Alright Madman,

Do you have any 4-2-1 extractors to recommend ? Or should I just get a 4-1 extractor instead..

I guess I should stick with 2.3" then ? :)

Arrowhead,

Oh how much did you do you exhaust system and what was included ?

i paid 1.5k for the whole things except the extractor. 2.3" stainless steel mandrel bent all the way baby!

WOW that's a lot..
Haha I'm on a tight budget , still studying ..
Extractor any recommendations ? I'm worried if I go for 4-1 I will lose power on the low end , being an auto this is even worst :-( where can I go search for JDM extractors ?

u can try searching in mudah for JDM extractors... like feels, FGK, etc. actually the brand JASMA also has 4-2-1 headers for B series....but dunno how good it is la. watever u get, try and get those with 2.3" collectors to match ur future piping size.

take note that these aftermarket headers will cost more than B16B headers....

the thing is... stock B16A extractors are actually pretty efficient. so id recommend setting ur budget, and do the piping + bullet + muffler ONLY first.. later on u can always upgrade the header....or if u can find one a header that fits into ur budget oso can.

as for 4-1 s 4-2-1, being an auto, id recommend sticking to 4-2-1.

on a side note... my ex-B16A Small VTEC manual was running 4-1 + 1 bullet + 1 Border 304 muffler.... all on 2" piping... and i was whooping quite a number of cars on drags back then...hehehehehhe

EDIT: heres something interesting...but dunno la the price betul or not... hahahah
http://www.mudah.my/Rare+FEELS+HONDA+TWINCAM+WORKS+Exhaust+Header-8995531.htm

Hmm alright madman :D thanks

Wanna pick your brain a bit. My car is actually using the stock nonVTEC piping like 1.8" outer diameter or less -_- most likely I would feel a difference when I change to 2.3" ? :)

Ooh feels.. Very hard to find extractors man.. Like nice and good in condition most of them the bottom hentam until kemek edi. Would like to ask , why you don't recommend the B16B 4-2-1 I heard people only want the 2-1 section due to the performance gain. Could you shine some light on this ?

because ive never heard of anyone wanting the B16B headers before... ive only heard of people wanting the B18C-R 98 spec 4-1 headers only....sometimes got la people here and there who wants the B18C-R 96 spec 4-2-1 header

i believe u should be able to feel some difference with a new piping

Hey sifus im running a stock b16a with a piggyback ECU and im planning to change my exhaust system. B16A Auto tranny. DO NOT POST NEGATIVE COMMENTS , yes i know it's an auto no point modifying and all that.. i will be changing to a manual in a years time so i gotta live with what i have now..

anyways im planning to get the B16B 4-2-1 extractor as the 2-1 section is much larger than the B16A. And i was told by a workshop that 2.3" or 2.5" with a single bullet and muffler ( s-flow ) on a B16A is fine and i did saw some members here that mentioned that they are using the following sizes on their b16a auto.. i do not want to go for a smaller pipe cause if i change to a manual i will need to change to a bigger piping so im just gonna do it now instead..

question is 2.3" or 2.5" :driver::driver::banghead:

and has anybody sent their cars to Ah Lai Exhaust shop at Taman Bahagia next to Avantgarde ? Are they any good?

Ok, first ask yourself what you want. The a)highest peak torque/hp you can get or b)normal street performance?

If a)Get a 4-1, 2.3" piping with nothing else in the center and end with a straight flow of your choice. If noise is something you can't live with, get those big box straight flow muffler.

or

b)Get a 4-2-1, 2.3" piping with bulet and any muffler you like.

2.3" or 2.5" also ok, since 2.3" is actually very big already, so it's sufficient for a B16. But if you don't mind, a 2.5" will also work nicely.

i got a thinker (at least for me). afaik, 2.3" piping is meant for the manual b16a. this is going onto an auto b16a, wouldn't he lose even more torque to begin with? i mean, its relatively big for an auto transmission, and instead of feeling any torque gains, i honestly believe u will feel a big lost in power. especially low end.

correct me if im wrong, just based on a own personal experience/theory.

i suggest 5zigen for b16a...the collector is 2'...as for the piping then u can go for 2.3'. i think 2.3 from header all the way to your muffer for stock b16a is too 'lawas' la...u need some backpressure...just my 2 kupang....

i suggest 5zigen for b16a...the collector is 2'...as for the piping then u can go for 2.3'. i think 2.3 from header all the way to your muffer for stock b16a is too 'lawas' la...u need some backpressure...just my 2 kupang....

as i mentioned, especially on auto transmission. if manual 2.3" takde hal. :rolleyes:

LOL @ backpressue.

Yeah, when you have always on high cam, yeah, you need some backpressure to retain some little low end, but not with a cam switching engine like VTEC/MIVEC. There's not a lot of overlap in the low cam profile, so you still get to keep your torque. In an always on high cam car like those without MIVEC/VTEC and have use high cam, there is a lot of overlap and thus in the low end, the exhaust valve is opening for a long time and thus you lose low end torque and power, but this is not really significant in a car like VTEC where it is using the low-cam during slow drive.

---------- Post added at 06:41 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:40 PM ----------

Besides, he is planning to change to manual also...

Alright guys,

Let me clarify something my setup will have a 2.3" piping , center bullet , s-flow not straight flow muffler.

My foreman recommended me to run a 2.3" pipe and was told that i will not lose power due to VTEC's cam overlap that @geforcextreme mentioned. How true is this im unsure myself as im also learning. I feel 2.5" without some bigger pistons , PnP would not be beneficial but 2.3" sounds alright dont you think ?

On some Civic forums i read that VTEC is an engine that really need a free flowing exhaust to the extend the topic "backpressure" is not an issue.
A test was done on the dyno with the same engine 1)with ONE center bullet and muffler 2)WITHOUT center bullet and muffler and piping
Torque & HP was roughly the same but option 2 provided slightly more Torque and HP figures..

I would like to emphasize something , my car is using the same exact piping as a NON-VTEC which is only 1.6inch INNER diameter.

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom