Automotive technician institute wanted!

Hi!!!!! i m a new member of this site. i m from kuching. i would like to ask all the senior here some questions. i plan to become a mechanic n i m looking for some well-known college or institute. i looking for the course that better than those provided by vocational school. i search through internet, but it's too little information of automotive institute in malaysia. i hope to get a internationally recognize certificate. so, i hope that i can get some recommendation from here... thanks...:regular_smile:

ins

bro, just flip thru harian metro and u'll find some. but not sure if well known or not. why don u try.

also any infor for any institutes in jb?? thanx....

Try www.otomotif.com.my located In PJ.

Not sure about Kuching, but I think there should a MLVK institutes. In KL, there are MLVK institutes located in Sg. Chua, Kajang and Bau Tiga, Shah Alam.

I my self now study at mercedes benz training center.is reconnise by MLVK

i saw 1 institute from internet, times academy, anyone know bout tis school? how's d respond?

Tiong said:
i saw 1 institute from internet, times academy, anyone know bout tis school? how's d respond?

i not sure boiut Times....las month education fair at midvalley,kl...i saw TOC booth..The Atomotif College, the one Joeker mentioned....

should be ok...bout rm38k for 2 years included all the necesary things....

If you're really interested in Automotive Egnineering, you should do Mechanical Engineering first and then specialize in Automotive later.

There are too many IT and Biz Admin grads nowadays. An engineering grad is worth alot in todays market I think.

Pursuing mechanical engineering and later specializing in automotive would not be sufficient as mechanical engineering focuses on more conventional science subjects. automotive engineering allows a direct and more hands on approach into the subject matter which i believe is much better if one would want to be a mechanic. i think the international recognized cert would be like Btec. TOC's setup seems impressive.

Useless said:
Pursuing mechanical engineering and later specializing in automotive would not be sufficient as mechanical engineering focuses on more conventional science subjects. automotive engineering allows a direct and more hands on approach into the subject matter which i believe is much better if one would want to be a mechanic. i think the international recognized cert would be like Btec. TOC's setup seems impressive.

Why would having two degrees or diploma insufficient?

Anyway, the reason I'd advise people to go for ME before AE is for foundation purpose.

For example in AE, you'll dive straight into Engine cooling and lubrication which involves fluid thermodynamics.

I think without having studied thremodynamic in ME, a student will get lost and might give up.

Study AE to be a mechanic? I think thats rather narrow minded.

Tiong,
since u have made up your mind to pursue this line as a mechanic, a diploma would be sufficient. a local diploma in automotive engineering would allow u to have a more hands on approach on vehicles, and that is what you really need. times academy is one of the recognized places which allows you to do twinning with UK (if i can remember clearly)

joeker,
sorry, i will rephrase the word "specializing" to "majoring". its still one cert.

what is fluid thermodynamics?

rgds

My training center is located in shah alam
Every year only take in 28 people
the course is fully sponsered when u r selected

to all brother.. im the student of TOC (The Otomotif College), im the 1st batch self paid student.. the previous batch are sponsered by Proton.. i study at there about almost 1 year already.. i seriously don recommend u all to choose this college.. they are cheating my money and time.. y would i say this, because i choose this college also cuz of they having this "auto-tronic" subject.. "auto-tronic" mean electrical component of the car, jus in case u all don understand.. i will hav this class 2 weeks once only, mean 1 month will hav 2 class.. but they stopped this class for about more than half a year.. and when my classmate complaint or ask the college, they give us some unacceptable reason like "we are giving classes for some outsider,so ur class will be cancel" but when we go to hav a look, there's no one in that class.. wat is this? cheat? the college even post on "Star newspaper" saying they hav this subject.. ya.. is true they are having this subject.. but they stopped the classes for my class and the new student din even hav this class before.. today i jus complaint to the head of the college, means the BOSS la.. she said she dunno bout this.. for so long the student had complaint and even make noise bout this.. she still dunno till today? is she acting or wat? the management of this college is totally suck, cuz this college is still consider new!!! maybe few years later this college will become more better or maybe even become one of the best automotive college? if u all din really get wat i trying to tell or don understand wat i saying, u all can pm me.. i'll try to explain to u more clear.. one more thing.. the teacher there are kinda suck, but except my teacher.. not i wanna praise him.. he compare to other teachers, he's the best.. my whole class like him cuz he help alot and teacher alot!! seriously.. my class study for more than half year only get to learn bout gearbox but for those new student, i think 1 month plus only and their teacher are teaching them.. cuz gearbox is the 2nd semester subject.. i don think the new student's foundation knowledge of car are strong enough to handle it.. if their teacher still keep on jumping the subject, i think they better pray hard.. haha.. thanks..

Last edited:
comment from TOC student

Hi there bro, i'm from The Otomotif College...
i saw some people telling the college is good... but for your own good, you better come see it yourself and ask the student inside...
if you are just going for MLVK, try the one in sunway....
if you dont believe, i can email you my student id...
the college advertise is like they are the best in malaysia, in fact, they are not... too new...