Audi S5 Extreme Makeover and alien Coating @ the detailien HIVE

seech

Known Member
Jan 21, 2007
Always had a thing for the Audi S5.

Beautiful car... This particular Phantom Black S5 was a beautiful car with not so beautiful paint...

We are often asked, "How many steps paint correction do you do?", as many shops quote a 3-step, 5-step, 11-step, etc. paint correction package.

The detailien's simple answer would be, "As many as it takes...".

The art of perfecting paint is knowing not only what to do, but also what can be done and what can't.

Based on the hundreds of cars which we have done, we know what level of correction can be achieved and what tools and techniques can be used to achieve the results the owner is after.

Take this S5 for an example. The paintwork is really in quite bad shape.

Very much like a Porsche GT2 which we did some time ago...

50/50 on the Porsche.

We were able to transform the GT2 and this S5 would be no exception.

A shot of the paint before shows how bad the paint is.

A test spot was done to see what level of correction could be achieved as this particular S5 was to be alien Coated after correction.

The hood was taped off to carry out a 50/50 to show the owner the level of correction achieved.

Note the hazy appearance of the uncorrected hood which is what we term as holograms which was actually damage to the paint caused by previous attempts at 'detailing' this S5.

All paint defects removed after correction.

50/50.

Uncorrected...

50/50.

Fully corrected.

The same paint condition was found on the doors.

50/50.

Close up of the 50/50.

Same on the roof. Clear damage caused by previous 'detailing' attempts.

Done.

All ready for alien Coating.

Do check out our page on "How to get started" for a step-by-step guide on proper car care to avoid such damage to your paint.
detailien.com- Optimum Car Care Malaysia: WHICH PRODUCTS DO I NEED?

More to come from the detailien HIVE.

kc2

1,000 RPM
Dec 2, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
thedetailers.blogspot.com
All I can say is speechless to what ur passion displayed and yr finishing art

kc2

1,000 RPM
Dec 2, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
thedetailers.blogspot.com
Always had a thing for the Audi S5.

Beautiful car... This particular Phantom Black S5 was a beautiful car with not so beautiful paint...

We are often asked, "How many steps paint correction do you do?", as many shops quote a 3-step, 5-step, 11-step, etc. paint correction package.

The detailien's simple answer would be, "As many as it takes...".

The art of perfecting paint is knowing not only what to do, but also what can be done and what can't.

Based on the hundreds of cars which we have done, we know what level of correction can be achieved and what tools and techniques can be used to achieve the results the owner is after.

Take this S5 for an example. The paintwork is really in quite bad shape.

Very much like a Porsche GT2 which we did some time ago...

50/50 on the Porsche.

We were able to transform the GT2 and this S5 would be no exception.

A shot of the paint before shows how bad the paint is.

A test spot was done to see what level of correction could be achieved as this particular S5 was to be alien Coated after correction.

The hood was taped off to carry out a 50/50 to show the owner the level of correction achieved.

Note the hazy appearance of the uncorrected hood which is what we term as holograms which was actually damage to the paint caused by previous attempts at 'detailing' this S5.

All paint defects removed after correction.

50/50.

Uncorrected...

50/50.

Fully corrected.

The same paint condition was found on the doors.

50/50.

Close up of the 50/50.

Same on the roof. Clear damage caused by previous 'detailing' attempts.

Done.

All ready for alien Coating.

Do check out our page on "How to get started" for a step-by-step guide on proper car care to avoid such damage to your paint.
detailien.com- Optimum Car Care Malaysia: WHICH PRODUCTS DO I NEED?

More to come from the detailien HIVE.

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Sifus, need some help here. I'm from penang, driving a Mira-ed 659 EFI turbocharged Kancil with a normal stock boost of only 7 psi. I'd like to increase its performance buy upgrading my turbine (maybe a TD04), but from wat some frens tipped me off, i need to strengthen my internal engine parts.

This is where i'm weakest. I wanna understand a few questions below:

1) What effects might take place if i upgrade these internal parts (e.g. cam pulley, camshaft, compression ratio, crankshaft...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience