APM Performax Springs, Some question

thunderbird

Known Member
Jul 17, 2006
Hi,

I am using Wira Aeroback, no with stock springs but APM Performax absorber,

plan to lower the car with APM Performax Spring.

Can anyone with experienced let me know how many inches will lowered

down if i use it?

Thanks

strangex2

Known Member
Mar 22, 2007
Sorry to hijack this thread but dengar kata APM springs will lose it's stiffness after a year, then after that... the ride not nice. Anyone with experience?

simon

Known Member
Mar 31, 2005
i hv used apm sports springs b4 on my wira....it do get the car lowered with about 2 1/2 finger gap in front & about 2 fingers at rear with 15in rims but the ride will be hard especially on uneven roads......bouciness increase & actually its more for the looks lah...nothing beats the standard springs when it comes to comfortable ride....we all buy cars to drive comfortably lah...ha..ha...

strangex2...i didnt quite use it even for more than 3 mts.....so for yr question i pun tak pasti...

strangex2

Known Member
Mar 22, 2007
On Kancil it's also about 2.5 fingers.

Anyway, if you pair the APM Perfomax springs with APM Performax shocks/abs (short stroke I believe), will the ride be less bouncier if compared to pairing it with OEM shocks/abs ??

satria_95

6,000 RPM
Jan 2, 2004
Malaysia
Sorry to hijack this thread but dengar kata APM springs will lose it's stiffness after a year, then after that... the ride not nice. Anyone with experience?
I confirm this, dude. I've been using apm springs for about a year and it's somehow became soft and because of that, my front is like really low now. Can't even take a corner fast even with ad07. The car body will roll till the tyres touch the car fender!!!

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
yar.... i heard users say apm performax springs are more on the soft side (comfort side).... use after few years, MIGHT become sagging...

strangex2

Known Member
Mar 22, 2007
Oh like that eh. Thanks for the tips.

Then you continue using it until 2 years+ then lagi best? Free lowering somemore!

I think I will look for some progressive types, maybe TEIN... but EIBACH also in my mind but the price kinda high.

satria_95

6,000 RPM
Jan 2, 2004
Malaysia
strangex2,
Not really. Mine lowered because it went soft, but it's stiff like shit. The whole car feels like it's balanced on steel rods. In addition to that, it doesn't give the kind of stability like a hard suspension. I think eibach is a better buy. Remember. Cheap stuff no good, good stuff no cheap.

mokomoko

500 RPM
Feb 20, 2006
im going to use mine till i have enuff cash to buy semi adjustables. And yes, its starting to get soft already...used it for about a year.

satria_95

6,000 RPM
Jan 2, 2004
Malaysia
moko,
I'm gonna change to adjustables too. Remember to buy rubber hoses for the springs too. This will reduce metal-to-metal noise. Well, that's what I think. haha

mokomoko

500 RPM
Feb 20, 2006
yup ok...but do they have those rubber thingies for adjustable sus? the coils are smaller than normal

Can anybody recommend me a few brands of semi-adjustables? No tein or any super bloody $$$$$$$$$ sus systems ya....no money wei.

I was looking at the D1spec adjustables high-low the other day...1.6k with one year warranty and free installation/service. Not too bad i think

satria_95

6,000 RPM
Jan 2, 2004
Malaysia
moko,
The rubber hoses can be bought from any hardware store. When you could do is after buying the adjustables, get the installer to take out the springs first. Then take the spring and go to a hardware store and find a hose that fits nicely into the springs. The d2spec high-low for 1.6k seems alright. I'm planning to get HWL adjustables.

potssum

Jan 17, 2005
from my experience hwl is very hard for everyday driving... but then again that what coilover are meant to be...

satria_95

6,000 RPM
Jan 2, 2004
Malaysia
potssum,
That's what I heard. I don't know who has HWL installed on their satria so I can't try it out for myself before purchase. Guess I'll just take the risk and buy it.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I owned a second hand 2013 Japanese spec Lexus IS250...However, its audio which includes the FM/AM, Bluetooth, Navigation, hands-free phone system, automatic air conditioning system & other functions are all in Japanese...That is its menu are all in Japanese which makes it difficult/impossible for me to do a set up & also settings....I was told once that in order to convert it to English display & language, i need to replace the audio system "motherboad" to English version which will...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience