Air Fuel Ratio wiring

thanx for the explanation & suggestions joeker..but if there are unburnt fuel going out the exhaust valve, i should see black smoke, right?? i have not noticed any smoke being emitted fr my exhaust..except in the morning when the engine is cold (but this is white smoke, it could also b due to the colder surrounding atmosphere kua)..i have however placed my hand at the exhaust tip and there was fuel smell, but i guess thats normal..

how do i check the spray pattern of my injectors? havent heard of this before..

i wud definately wanna take my injectors for an ultrasonic bath..but i dun think there are any shops in Pg that has this service..i actually have an ultrasonic cleaning machine in my company..but im pretty sure injectors cleaning will need a specific power, not just hantam with highest power..n then i think they might need to use some type of cleaning solution??

putracraze, pay tau chooi a visit la..he is nice & frenly wan..dun worry, he wont bite..hehe..

FYI,

Too rich = dark blue exhaust fumes.
Cold = white smoke but disperse very fast.
broken piston ring = black!

you guys from Pg? Me from Pg too but now working in KL..lepak with the gang of RABK

thanx rory...but i never seem to be able to differentiate between dark blue & black smoke..mebe dats bcos i havent actually seen it b4..janji mine doesnt emit any smoke of any color can liao...hehe..

yeah we fr pg..but me hardly travel to mainland...when u come back pg, we shud organise a tt or sumthin...with ftzone oso..

*psst psst* i see u r a member of MFN oso...come pg la, ask them to take us to their usual spots... :D

wildboar said:
thanx for the explanation & suggestions joeker..but if there are unburnt fuel going out the exhaust valve, i should see black smoke, right?? i have not noticed any smoke being emitted fr my exhaust..except in the morning when the engine is cold (but this is white smoke, it could also b due to the colder surrounding atmosphere kua)..i have however placed my hand at the exhaust tip and there was fuel smell, but i guess thats normal..

how do i check the spray pattern of my injectors? havent heard of this before..

i wud definately wanna take my injectors for an ultrasonic bath..but i dun think there are any shops in Pg that has this service..i actually have an ultrasonic cleaning machine in my company..but im pretty sure injectors cleaning will need a specific power, not just hantam with highest power..n then i think they might need to use some type of cleaning solution??

putracraze, pay tau chooi a visit la..he is nice & frenly wan..dun worry, he wont bite..hehe..

bro ah.. y so mah huan... pour a tin of 3m injector cleaner into your fuel tank wil du lah... if u tell me bout the vapour in the morning tat proven your engine manyak kuat lah.. hahahhah... i dun know tau chooi (soy bean milk) u know lah... should have a big drain in between wan mah...

thing is i dun reli trust those injector cleaning solutions lor..many times i wanted to buy but then later decided not to..dunno y,i just dun feel vr comfortable pouring those stuff into my fuel tank lo...but ive tried shell v-power a couple of time before lo..some ppl say v-power can clean injectors..

wat brand of injector cleaners are good eh?? anyone can give some advise?? i think ive seen stp as well...i might try it out if there are good reviews & u guys recommend it..

if u tell me bout the vapour in the morning tat proven your engine manyak kuat lah
u mean my engine kuat (powerful) or engine minum petrol kuat???

wei..wat milk u talking abt?? heheh...not those with longkang wan ler..

yeah wild boar, i'm with MFN as well..

yeah will urge them to organise something there...well at least at SP also can lor...

i like SP coz there's numerous spot can do fishing...offshore or in land

Mr Joeker sir,
sonic bath to inspect injector spray pattern? whallao.. If I mention that to mechanic here in Penang, they'd probably show me the way to the toilet. Sounds like a hefty amount to pay for that, is it?

Rory sir,
compression rate? I really have no idea. Is there any thing I can do to get the number? Must use tool one or just by simple calculation?

rorytate said:
Errm, Putra craze, unsure what you want me to demo leh.... :P

Delphi, unsure about 1.6 but 81mm is 1.8 already. Yes the centre part is higgher thus creating a high compression. Maybe you can tell me about your compression? eg 13.0? or low like 10.1 or low compression piston is 8.5+-

What abang Joeker says is correct, you might wanna check it out first..Joeker, the bonnet still got a? My bonnet dented...KNNCCB

'Reversed' reading?

the other day I mentioned about having successfully installed my AFR meter. Just got back from a fren's workshop and he said that Autometer installation for most 4G series will give you a 'mirrored' result. He meant something like when the meter shows 'lean' , it's actually the opposite and vice versa. Now that explains why I'm running 'lean' most of the time..

AS far as I know, at cold start the mixture should be rich , forget the reason liao. But my AFR meter will show 'leanest'.

I'm currently trying to ask a friend to design a circuit board that can invert the signal from the 02 sensor and see if I get a correct reading.

delphi..the sonic bath not for checking spray pattern..its for cleaning the internal of the injectors..ultrasonic waves will shake loose the deposits..

aiya...y autometer AFRs show opposite reading wan...could it be something to do with the wiring?? aisey man..potong stim la..is cobalt series oso like dat??

all NarrowBand O2 sensors will only roughly estimate your A/F ratio. if you want an accurate A/F readings.. get wideband. RM2K+ :X

basically it's all for cosmetics.

delphi,

i got friends using it on 4g's as well..

but they do not get mirrored results?? Are you sure of the output ka??

hmmn.......might wanna check it out doode.....
else, i offer my car to be tested as well.

You can just plug it into my afr and see the 2 reading if it's the same or not

wallaoo.. the mechanic said he already installed 3 units and all gave same result maa.. dat's why he asked me wether mine was giving the correct reading.

ok ok.. let's clear 1st thing. When ignition key is switched on : what does it supposed to show? at idle what does it supposed to show? lean or rich?
u penang lang oso ka? one fine day we can try la see how :)

rorytate said:
delphi,

i got friends using it on 4g's as well..

but they do not get mirrored results?? Are you sure of the output ka??

hmmn.......might wanna check it out doode.....
else, i offer my car to be tested as well.

You can just plug it into my afr and see the 2 reading if it's the same or not

gee...delphi..yes i am penang kia...but now working in KL
LOL..on and off i do go back to SP and Penang as well

key switch onn = nothing
after warm up and revving = the light dance from lean to rich
on cruising = dancing light around stoich
on cruising then suddenly floor down = jumps to rich....

yours?

rorytate said:
WILDBOAR, BRING ME TO SG RAMBAI~!!!!!
said it's near BM ka??

haha..rilekla brader..i myself oso havent been there yet..if time permits, i will go try out this weekend.. :D im not familiar with mainland roads/area, but i know where it is cos i was travelling there quite often last yr when lookin for my h/cut..its abt 2-3minutes drive fr autocity..im sure u know where autocity is..or if u know shin ibaraki chop shop, its just before it..theres a bridge/flyover ma rite..below this bridge/flyover is sg rambai..

i see i see. Mine is as follows:
key switched on : extreme lean
after warm up and revving = dancing light sometimes, most of the time extreme lean
on cruising = dancing around stoich
sudden floor = jumps to rich then back lean again
deaccelerate = rich then lights gone (out of range)

rorytate said:
gee...delphi..yes i am penang kia...but now working in KL
LOL..on and off i do go back to SP and Penang as well

key switch onn = nothing
after warm up and revving = the light dance from lean to rich
on cruising = dancing light around stoich
on cruising then suddenly floor down = jumps to rich....

yours?

well delphi

when started up and revving it's showing lean means your sensor not heated up yet. that's why lean..but the longer you rev you can see that the light slowly moving more towards rich side.

your sudden floor is the difference of mine...mine will stay at the rich side...

deaccelerate is the same.

rory, wat model is ur autometer afr?? delphi's is phantom..mebe urs is different model?? me wanna get cobalt but now having doubts liao...

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom