AFOS Last Weekend | GT3 Asia : Mok Claimed His Second Win of the Weekend

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur

Malaysian driver Mok Weng Sun had a perfect weekend during the Season Opener of the GT3 Asia today on his home circuit. The Team PCS Racing driver claimed back to back wins during the Asian Festival Of Speed at Sepang International Circuit. Mok took the chequered flag after completing Round two of the race 10.698 seconds ahead of second placed driver, Tunku Hammam of Arrows Racing while Team Clearwater Racing's David Lai claimed third.

During the Post Race Press Conference, Mok said “I had a good start and my only thought was about widening the gap so I pushed hard for six laps. However, I saw Hammam pushing behind me, but I managed to maintain a 3 second gap. Finally in the final quarter of the race I knew I had to minimise mistakes and take my car home safely,” added Mok,

Hammam was the biggest gainer in the early part of the race, the Malaysian started the race in thirteenth and caught up to the front runners and was even began to pressure Mok towards the end of the race. This is Hammam's first weekend in a Lamborghini and he impressed everyone with his pace.

“I had the car delivered very close to the weekend and did not have enough time to get acclimatise to it. I spun twice in the Sprint race but learnt from my mistakes. I made sure to try and achieve better results in the Grand race,” said Hammam.

“I did however suffer from a fuel surge in final part of the race and had to short shift, to ensure I kept my podium spot and I am very delighted that I managed to do so. I will be running more tests with the car to get use to the handling before the second round. Hopefully, I will get podium finishes throughout,” he said.

Starting in ninth place, Lai was happy to be able to finish on the podium. “While I was running fourth, I was a little lucky as Michael Choi who was in third was held up by some back markers. I saw the opportunity and am happy I took it.” Lai also believes that with more time in the Lamborghini, he will be able to challenge for some wins.

The Round 3 of the GT3 Asia will be held once again at Sepang International Circuit on 18-20 June in support of the Super GT

Grand Race (Round 2) Results

1. Mok Weng Sum (SIN) Team PCS Racing 32:52.336s
  2. Tunku Hammam Sulong (MAS) Arrows Racing 33:03.034s
  3. David Lai Tak Seng (SIN) Team Clearwater Racing 33:41.504s
  4. Siu Yuk Lung (HKG) SPS Motorsport 33:57.901s
  5. Dilantha Malagamuwa (SRI) Dilango Racing Sri Lanka 34:01.305s
  6. Michael Choi (HKG) SPS Motorsport 34:19.452s
  7. Eddie Yau (HKG) SPS Motorsport 34:21.650s
  8. John Shen (HKG) John Shen 34:28.287s
  9. Billy Fung (HKG) SPS Motorsport 34:31.331s
  10. Siu Tit Lung (HKG) SPS Motorsport 34:40.363s
  11. Jeffrey Lee (TPE) Jeffrey Lee 34:41.554s
  12. Eric Cheung (HKG) Craft Racing Hong Kong 34:42.215s
  13. Mak Hing Tak (HKG) Ma Hing Tak 34:29.937s
  14. Jacky Yeung (HKG) Jacky Yeung 35:03.756s
  15. Kenny Chun (HKG) Kenny Chun 35:19.317s

• DNF Bryon Tong (HKG) Bryan Tong 28:05.127s
  • DNF Sasha Chu (HKG) SPS Motorsport 29:40.679s
  • DNF Samson Chan (HKG) Samson Chan 23:54.432s
  • DNF Frank Yu (HKG) Craft Racing Hong Kong 6:56.581s

Attachments

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Is there anyone in this forum know where can i get the sporty look bodykit for an Optra 1.8LT car? its really hard to find the accessories for this car.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience