AE86 successor finally previewed!

InitialD

1,000 RPM
Toyota FT-86: AE86 successor finally previewed!
toyota-ft-hs-1.jpg

The wheelbase is rather compact actually, slightly shorter than that of a latest model Vios. Other dimensions of the FT-86 include a 4,160mm length, a 1,760mm width and a 1,260mm height, and the FT-86 seats four. It has a 2.0 liter boxer engine mated to a 6-speed manual transmission though it’s not mentioned if this is normally aspirated or force inducted. The concept is fitted with brakes from ADVICS, a JV company formed between AISIN SEIKI, DENSO, Sumitomo Electric and Toyota.

Read more: Toyota FT-86: AE86 successor finally previewed!

YouTube - Toyota/Subaru Project A Reality, Audi E-Tron A Go, ...

Last edited:
This is awesome ! ... will it selling like hot cakes ?? hahaha..!

Love the car~ was wondering...how much would this car cost ..... any guessing?? 200k? below or above?

i've got a feeling its not coming to malaysia.... even if come also damn pricey....

from what is being said before... subaru is powering the car..... handling goes to toyota.... or something like that...

Last edited:
I think its decent. They need to offer a version with either the STi engine or the 270hp V6 from the venza.
I do not like the front bumper so I did some photochops.

What it might look like with Red paint and nicer wheels.
toyotaft86conceptrays.jpg

I think if they omit the vents below the lights and blend it better the front is much nicer.
toyotaft86conceptgrille.jpg

With Gtfour RC front vents and one with the RC hood vent.
f86rcductwork.jpg

waa... only a concept car got variants of body kits ideas liao ah?.... :rofl:

The last i heard, Toyota will have rear wheel version (with toyota engine), subaru will be all wheel (with subaru engine). not sure if this has changed since the talk of yota & scby verture into this

wow!!! i better start save some $$$ n wait for 2012...!!!

hahaha.. toyobaru.. my favourite.. better start saving now.. light, nimble, low CG, boxer, rwd.. juz perfect!!!!

like the AE86, it has:
2 doors,
6 spd,
rwd,
but does it have the oh-so-awsome 10K rpm??
from the pics, i saw it has a redline at around 7-8K rpm oni.. T_T

-The price will reach the stratosphere (from ultrafanaticdom & hype)
-The waiting list (at least in Msia) will reach the moon
-The end product may well be overrated & overhyped (due to excessive unrealistic expectations & critical overcomparing enthusiasts)
-Trying to pay for this thing will bankrupt me & my descendents for 4 generations

...I will still buy one & buy it new no matter how long the wait even if it kills me. Im tired of inheriting used hand-down cars & this is a chance of a lifetime, b4 all the electrical hybrid nuclear nanotech fusion tesla power plants take over the world. Gentlemen, grab your RWD gas burning dream b4 the petrol engine becomes extinct.

im postponing my marriage for this baby. L O L GG

my dream hachiroku, 3sge with 6 speed from altezza... sure damn chun one... but need to adjust CG(centre of gravity) aka weight distribution to 50:50 first lah...

nice than new skyline. perfect. confirmed its rwd? or 4wd?

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom