AE 101 not cranking

drj

Hi Brothers
need help,i've got a AE 101 95 model.its been having some starting problem,thought the battery was problematic ,got it changed,recently had to jump start a few times.
Now the car is dead,not cranking at all.battery is ok,radio and power windows are working.
Not sure of the diagnosis ? starter problem
can i get it from cut shop.? where
i live in Gombak area.
used to a service centre in Sri Gombak.

Thnks guys

since there's no cranking sound at all even with new battery. might be your starter.

if u crank..and there is a sound of cranking but can't start mostly is ur battery weak...
if u crank..but no sound of cranking...check battery...if battery ok..then starter kong....
mostly the carbon too much or the armature kong liao...u can try ketuk the starter and then try start..try tis step few times..if still cna't then mostly starter kong and need change ..if u ketuk then can start mostly the carbon inside the starter getting too much and make the current flow interupted..

since battery has been changed...

1) knock the starter like caleb_5375 mentioned
2) check is there any power coming into the starter, if not give a direct power from battery to the starter...still cannot, then it's the starter problem...
3) if it is manual, put in 2nd gear , push the car...release the clutch and it will start...then drive your car to mechanic to have your starter change

Thank you bros
will do all the steps except pushing it,Auto car

tq again

it happened on me also..
the worse is whn i was driving ..
RPM drop to 0 !!!!
then cannot start at all..like u drj..
mine problem is fuse blow..
try n check ur fuse..
that time the blown fuse was the injection one..
cz i rev too kao deee..
hahaha..
so try n check ur fuse..

it happened on me also..
the worse is whn i was driving ..
RPM drop to 0 !!!!
then cannot start at all..like u drj..
mine problem is fuse blow..
try n check ur fuse..
that time the blown fuse was the injection one..
cz i rev too kao deee..
hahaha..
so try n check ur fuse..

injection fuse ?
which one ?

bros

knocked the starter,got a crank sound,but still not starting
if the prob is with the starter,should i get Ori or from cut shop? roughly how much. any chop shop recomended?

Check all engine grounding. Even if you missed a single one, it would not fire. Any spark from the spark plugs? Check dizzy...

hey guys

settled the problem
had to replace the starter,recon one
now its running again,like new

thank alot guys

nice...
one problem settled by us...heeee...

lesson learned...if you knock the starter only then it will crank...then it's the starter problem...

drj

how much the starter cost ?

sorry for the late reply

the starter cost RM 150 recon. one,warranty for 2 months

Thanx again guys

Top Bottom