Adjustable Shocks

spuzzle

500 RPM
DC owners,

I am planning to get a set of adjustable absorbers for my ride DC5, prefer those more in comfort and good in handling also. Any suggestion and price if available? Currently running stock rims, shocks and tanabe springs.

Thanks

DC owners,

I am planning to get a set of adjustable absorbers for my ride DC5, prefer those more in comfort and good in handling also. Any suggestion and price if available? Currently running stock rims, shocks and tanabe springs.

Thanks

Hello,

I used to have stock absorber with tanabe springs. the handling was stiff and ride was very low. Anyway most adjustable absorbers allows you to adjust soft/hard setting. I have 1 set of Ohlins pcv to let go. Kindly Pm me if interested.

DC owners,

Thanks

im using tein flex rite now and it provides me good handling and adjustability without losing much on the ride comfort...although i must warn you nothing beats the comfort of stock shock.

brand new one can cost more than RM 7k and prepare to pay RM3K TO RM3.3K for used one

p/s
1. the tein flex pillowball upper mounts is useless and easily condemed.
2. what seems comfort for me might not be the case for you. so do ur research properly

Last edited:
im using tein flex rite now and it provides me good handling and adjustability without losing much on the ride comfort...although i must warn you nothing beats the comfort of stock shock.

brand new one can cost more than RM 7k and prepare to pay RM3K TO RM3.3K for used one

p/s
1. the tein flex pillowball upper mounts is useless and easily condemed.
2. what seems comfort for me might not be the case for you. so do ur research properly

bro subcon,

stock shock is stiff also for me....how is tein super street? any idea?

bro subcon,

stock shock is stiff also for me....how is tein super street? any idea?

if u feel that stock shock is stiff then we might have a problem here.

i never personally tested the super street b4 but from what i've heard and read the stiffness is more or less the same with the stock shock

the damping force and the ride height can be adjusted. MAYBE ideal for daily driving or occasion track use. it is definately cheaper compared to tein flex and the reason im not using the super street is perhaps is not hardcore enough.

if u feel that stock shock is stiff then we might have a problem here.

i never personally tested the super street b4 but from what i've heard and read the stiffness is more or less the same with the stock shock

the damping force and the ride height can be adjusted. MAYBE ideal for daily driving or occasion track use. it is definately cheaper compared to tein flex and the reason im not using the super street is perhaps is not hardcore enough.

wow....your car for hardcore use, hehehe....actually my car for daily drive and have some fun negotiating sharp corners on high speed especially karak-bentong highway.....been travelling fr kuantan-KL almost every weekend

Bump: DC forum 'bo lang'????? :banghead:

Last edited:
What about Titan? :D
Anyone wanna share their experiences with Titan customised for DC5?

pros:no kluk kluk sound :), custom to your preference, reasonable price, can still track and daily use, warranty 2 years,
cons:no hard/soft on the spot, made in malaysia, no aluminium top mount

Slick: what u waiting for??????!!!!!! its time.........

all aftermarket suspensions are crap.

for malaysian roads, either go for Tein Super-Street

or something dispensable / cheap like Titan or GAB or whatever you dont mind tossing away after a few months :biggrin:

Titan is the best for me ... my previous car was also TITANed ...

DC5 + short stroked abs ... feels nice on road and for trackie!

pros:no kluk kluk sound :), custom to your preference, reasonable price, can still track and daily use, warranty 2 years,
cons:no hard/soft on the spot, made in malaysia, no aluminium top mount

Slick: what u waiting for??????!!!!!! its time.........

my friend using tein but not sure what model, have those kluk kluk sound because of the pillow balls

Bump:
Titan is the best for me ... my previous car was also TITANed ...

DC5 + short stroked abs ... feels nice on road and for trackie!

how much is titan set?

all aftermarket suspensions are crap.

for malaysian roads, either go for Tein Super-Street

or something dispensable / cheap like Titan or GAB or whatever you dont mind tossing away after a few months :biggrin:

tim,

aftermarket suspensions are not crap...its the roads that crap.

farhan,

the road which is crap turns the expensive RM10,000 suspensions into crap :biggrin:

i've seen problems from buddy club, tein, zeal ranging from monotube shafts swaying horizontally, internal valves shattering, upper pillowball mount lock-screws tearing right off!

all this, i attribute to our tax contributions being siphoned off to god-knows-who's pocket instead of road repair.

we should all hold a strike and CHOOSE not to pay road tax until the road conditions improve! :proud:

farhan,

the road which is crap turns the expensive RM10,000 suspensions into crap :biggrin:

i've seen problems from buddy club, tein, zeal ranging from monotube shafts swaying horizontally, internal valves shattering, upper pillowball mount lock-screws tearing right off!

all this, i attribute to our tax contributions being siphoned off to god-knows-who's pocket instead of road repair.

we should all hold a strike and CHOOSE not to pay road tax until the road conditions improve! :proud:

i agree with Vagabond statement:proud:

ya..ok..d2..also did a nice setting..n not expensive too...rm3200

i just sold i set to my custermer..n feel nice ..not hard n not so soft..it at the mid..

ya..ok..d2..also did a nice setting..n not expensive too...rm3200

i just sold i set to my custermer..n feel nice ..not hard n not so soft..it at the mid..

heard that D2 tune for malaysian road and rm3200 sounds reasonable......thanks rev555

I heard somebody say that ALL MONOTUBE based coil-overs / suspensions will encounter shaft looseness and sway from side to side, is that true ???

Bump: I heard somebody say that ALL MONOTUBE based coil-overs / suspensions will encounter shaft looseness and sway from side to side, is that true ???

I heard somebody say that ALL MONOTUBE based coil-overs / suspensions will encounter shaft looseness and sway from side to side, is that true ???

Bump: I heard somebody say that ALL MONOTUBE based coil-overs / suspensions will encounter shaft looseness and sway from side to side, is that true ???

shaft looseness? maybe after a period of usage.....not sure also.....any sifu's here can help?

this was really hard/stiff ABS
i have exprience on this brand just 2 days inside my car i took it out...
its good for track/drag but not for D.D car..