Adjustable Coilovers

powergigi

Known Member
Hi All Sifus out there.

i would just like to know your opinions regarding adjustable coilovers(hi/lo soft hard)
there are SO many brands out there, TEIN, HKS, HOT BITS, CUSCO , etc........
even within the same brand, there are so many models, TEIN HR, HA, SS, ...... how hard they are ? will u get some parts of your body dislocated from driving through terrible malaysian roads ?

i would want to get something that is STREET drivable but still gives u the confidence to take corners. car model is Satria GTI.

so seeking advice/reviews/ comments from all experts out there before i spend my money on something i will regret...

THANKS in advance:shades_smile:

bro,i'll advice u to get a sport spring to match with a good absorber.adjustable
usually ride harder then sport spring.that's not all,if u ask opinion from others,they tend to give their opinion that might be different from ur taste.different ppl have
different taste.let say if i recommend u gab for instance.for me,i like the spring rate
n damping that they provide me but then again u might find it to be to harsh for
ur everyday use.so for me...this kind advice is very difficult to give out.it a lot better
to try out first from ur friends ride.then u can make a better decision.just my 2 cent.

Tein,hks and cusco..i have try this before...it so so hard,my advice use hot bit...i also gti here...gti suspension suck

tein,hks n cusco.....most of them that use this suspension bought it at h/cut
shop that tended for evo's.that why they r hard.evo is 4wd turbo car while
those who use it usually n/a powered ff car.4wd car tend to have nearly identical
spring rate for front n rear.if u take a corner hard enough,u will notice that ur rear easily lose grip first cos of the hard spring.
yup...i agreed with 4g93gti-r.....hotbits is suitable for road n spirited driving.

Hi Bros
thanks for the comments.
adjustable are definately gives u a stiffer ride.
about Hot Bits, is there any specific recommendations on models ? what are the prices and do you all know of anywhere to get used ones ?
how about GAP SS or D2 ?

if i were u,i'll go for d2.nice adjustable with aluminum body.but if u can afford
d2,y not opted for tein super street?it cost slightly more then d2 but after sale
service is good.call mellisa of n1.tell her gan recommend u.

tein,hks n cusco.....most of them that use this suspension bought it at h/cut
shop that tended for evo's.that why they r hard.evo is 4wd turbo car while
those who use it usually n/a powered ff car.4wd car tend to have nearly identical
spring rate for front n rear.if u take a corner hard enough,u will notice that ur rear easily lose grip first cos of the hard spring.
yup...i agreed with 4g93gti-r.....hotbits is suitable for road n spirited driving.

u said rear can lose traction due to hard springs. is it because front is harder than the rear ?

u said rear can lose traction due to hard springs. is it because front is harder than the rear ?

no kenken.usually for ff car,the front is harder then the rear but those guy who uses evo suspension tend to lose grip at the rear first cos the spring rate for 4 of the spring are nearly identical.

Last edited:
oh..tht means front harder than back is good? thanks for your explaination,gt auto!now i know whether my setup is suitable or not.

don buy halfcut abs la.....tend to be very very hard like track car, why don u buy a new set of gab, hwl, hotbits for ur car? so uc an pair with different spring to ur car to suit ur taste....more easy for u also...if u wan combine racing n comfortable then use gab or HWL hi low soft hard abs...got warranty somemore

my wira using HWL MT-4 hi low soft hard, 8k front,6k rear spring rate.

if i wan take peopls then i just turn the knob under the car to harder then even u lowered ur car too low also can prevent those hump....or u wan comfort then turn the knob to soft then will be like performance ABS.....i bought for 2400++

heard that TITAN adjustable coilovers oso good....
they even provide the best setting for ur driving taste...
good after sale service too....

if i were u,i'll go for d2.nice adjustable with aluminum body.but if u can afford
d2,y not opted for tein super street?it cost slightly more then d2 but after sale
service is good.call mellisa of n1.tell her gan recommend u.

yo bro, d2 price is around 2.8K rite ?
tein SS i checked is 3.5K .... i know its a lovely item but ...... phew..... burn a hole..haha

Yo guys,
thanks for the great feedbacks.
yah i've heard lotsa good after sales services.... but 1 problem i have with that is i live in Penang, and i dont really go down KL that often.... so if i have dissatisfaction about the hardness or so, its not easy for me to go down KL again to fine tune.... thats the headache part.
but i do agree taht halfcut items are really hard. i sat once in my friends wira/evo installed with Tein HR.... like frog jumpin on highway.!

but i do agree taht halfcut items are really hard. i sat once in my friends wira/evo installed with Tein HR.... like frog jumpin on highway.!

yea...adjustable suspension is like tat.....u will headache if u carry other ppl....they will complaining to u....u hv to slow down...haha

from my experience.. hwl coilover its pretty hard for me, my car would bounce if i were to drive on a uneven road... now using tein sport spring couple with standard gti absorber..... well.. its good enuff for me... maybe in the future maybe i shall upgrade to better absober...

i use to fit JIC adjustables on my car....my father said like being in a lorry....
would bounce like crazy if the road is uneven....and u know la the road conditions in malaysia ni....

im using Cusco Zero-2R on my putra with stock standard engine. the handling is superb nvr enjoyed driving my car this much b4. its stiff, but not bouncy because mine has 2-way height adjustable. so i don't have to compress the spring to lower the ride. left the springs at original length. 6kg at the fronts, 4kg at the rears.

kudo's to my mech for setting it up. i believe the person who adjust / setup the coilovers is very important.

im driving putra too but mine is on apm at the front and monroe at the back..heh..chap cheng car.dulu is apm sport spring but gegar like hell so gegar tat my 10 years old putra interior cant stand the bounce and keluar bunyi macam macam like the roof light longgar lar,the seat belt holder longgar lar,even door trunk oso got weird sound..i very geram and then changed to apm stock spring and use 2 face tape to tape all area tat keluar bunyi..now a lot better d..thx to the invention of the 2 face tape.duno wat it called. ^^

heh..my english is sdn bhd 1 la
btw i think use stock absorber (apm) or kyb absorber + eibach spring is comfort for putra too.tried my frenz's once.eibach sport springs claimed tat their design is to fit wif car stock absorber 1.