accord sv4 H22A

rakyat

Known Member
Apr 7, 2009
hi..can anyone tell me wats da best air filter for my car? hope all you sifu can help me..tq:adore:
U lookin for open pod or drop-in? How much mod have u done/ gonna do?

R u going for power/ reliability/ economy?

U know that there are trade-offs & no '1 shoe fit all'

joe_pesot

Sep 29, 2010
penang
da engine is still standard..haven't done anything yet..its still a virgin hehe..
thinking to give it more power & reliability..

rakyat

Known Member
Apr 7, 2009
da engine is still standard..haven't done anything yet..its still a virgin hehe..
thinking to give it more power & reliability..
If no mod then just get a drop-in (same as OEM airfilter but different material instead of paper filter) for better air flow. Go for branded & reusable/ washable but avoid cap ayam.

If intend to mod further, u need to change the exhaust system and extractor. With highflow air filter, your car can now breath in more air hence you need to enable it to exhale faster (bigger exhaust piping & larger extractor) If you want to do these mods then you might want to consider open pod (mushroom filter)

H22A gets good response with HKS especially when the VTec is engaged but I will not recommend as replacement is expensive (every 20k km) & filteration is bad. Apexi is good filteration but not reusable, K&N does not give so much increase & IMO too big but is washable & reusable, Bliz stainless steel give a nice note & reusable but filteration is oso bad.

U understand that better filteration = less increase while poor filteration means more air is sucked in along with dust and debris = more power but dirty TB & IM

Last edited:

joe_pesot

Sep 29, 2010
penang
wahh..thanx for da info ..
emm wat kind of extractor u recommend?
i'm planning to change da exhaust sys..

rakyat

Known Member
Apr 7, 2009
If so then go for open-pod, exhaust piping can go from 2.2 (recommended for lightly mod AT) up to 2.5 (for heavily mod manual) & dump the CC.

For extractor, Mugen is arguebly the best for H22A but xpensive. I bought mine used and hilang 'Mugen' tag for RM1.5k 3 yrs ago but the mid range gain and the roar is worth every cent :love: There r oso FGK, RSR even hotbits depending on your budget but this is 1 essential mod. Accelaration improve and smoother and at high rev the engine gives a nice growl but your engine bay tempreture will increase significantly as you need to dump the heat guard (metal plate covering the original xtractor)

rakyat

Known Member
Apr 7, 2009
Ai-ya what can be done? Want performance like tat-lo...... Battery last only 1+ year, air-cond. not so cold, dizzy senang rosak ect.

But there is a reason y u choose H22A instead of F22B - performance!!!

joe_pesot

Sep 29, 2010
penang
hahahaha..
if i don't change da extractor, i think da performance will still b good rite..

rakyat

Known Member
Apr 7, 2009
hahahaha..
if i don't change da extractor, i think da performance will still b good rite..
Then don't waste ur money.... seriously, ask any modder and the basic modification is I/H/E - intake, header (extractor), exhaust. With these mods you basically release the potential of the engine and probably get good economy gain. After that u need to crack the head (buka engine) and these mods are less cost effective (mahal)

With just the intake, u do not realise the full potential, can take in more air but bottleneck during exhale stage (exhaust). Changing muffler without larger pipings oso does nothing, just change the tone of the exhaust.

Don't waste ur money on other mods if you have not done the basic. BTW installing VS, grounding, plug & cables, FPR, LED, GT wing, muffler does not increase HP.

If you want to modify your car, u should start with I/H/E

joe_pesot

Sep 29, 2010
penang
thanx..
i'll take ur advice into serious consideration :adore:
so watever i do oso, i still have to change da extractor..there's no other way rite..

Last edited:
Nov 7, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
why dont u have it done at jfa motorsport sunway i did a 4-2-1 all the way stainless steel

---------- Post added at 03:59 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:46 PM ----------

ahoi guys just did my h22a engine swap into my sv4, did a custom air ram installed knn,did the exhaust, installed header all the way to the muffler, mine is an auto from the e-cf2 sir aka accord wagon, disable speed limiter usin pivot, tien suspension, momo tuner steering(does not increase hp) and p1 buddy club 16 inch rims. i wanted to go na all the way as im using it as my daily ride, could u guys give me some tips on my journey to unleash the vtec khaw in my drivetrain?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Toyota FT-86 G Sports concept
debuts in Japan

by Mashfique Hussain Chowdhury

A new version of the Toyota FT-86 concept has been revealed
at the Tokyo Auto Salon, a motor show of sorts. Dubbed the
FT-86 G Sports Concept, it is also featured in the new trailer
for the upcoming PS3 video game Gran Turismo...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience