About 'auto gauge' tachometer

Kyusuke_FD3S

Known Member
Aug 14, 2006
Hi every master,
I plan to install a tachometer in my car.
My car is mazda 323 FA4TS... is quite an old car... 1978 year ...
I had saw a tachometer 'autogauge' brand... 2 inch ...
May I know is this tachometer compatible to install in my car ???

Anyway, thanks for your reply ... :)

kk9972

Known Member
Dec 27, 2005
Hi Kyusuke,
Any type of meter you desires for are installable in any car. When you buy your tachometer, ask the seller to install for you. If they don't, pay few bucks for your machenic to install for you as well.

Happy Modding!

b00n

3,000 RPM
Aug 16, 2005
KL
usually they just re-tap it back to your original RPM wiring which is behind the meter...
since it's not running on digital; it would be compatible to lots of cars...urs included.

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
yaya.... should be compatible.... if u say rev/speed meter (aka RSM), only efi engine can install... carbie cannot install RSM...

since u said autogauge tacho, should be can la.... jz pay a few bucks more and ask the foreman install for u... make sure u watch him install till u are satisfied its working, if not another "acc shop conned me" thread popping out again....

g88

3,000 RPM
Jan 28, 2004
not problem at all...unless your car dun have RPM :p (which impossible) hahaha...

you can tab the signal from your distributor. Left will be power +ve, -ve and light.

netmatrix

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
P Jaya:Malaysia
kh_tan.tripod.com
Eh? i have a universal tachometer and the manual says i should get the tacho signal from the coil. Distributor? I have not seen any distributor with signal leads out. Its just one green cable from the coil and the other is ground. The other cable is for light which i tapped from the dashboard lights.

BTW no problem to install on any car as old as 1975 like mine.

Joeker

Walking Dead
Nov 19, 2003
Jinjang
Visit site
Might as well plonk in that phat 5" tacho.

I think you can get hold of one for about RM130++.

It comes with that in-your-face shift light.

I bet you'll feel like racing someone with that tacho installed.

g88

3,000 RPM
Jan 28, 2004
netmatrix said:
Eh? i have a universal tachometer and the manual says i should get the tacho signal from the coil. Distributor? I have not seen any distributor with signal leads out. Its just one green cable from the coil and the other is ground. The other cable is for light which i tapped from the dashboard lights.

BTW no problem to install on any car as old as 1975 like mine.
Proton distributor one output lead.