6MT or 5AT absorbers?

chipstar

Known Member
hello.could anybody tell me the difference between 6MT and 5AT shock absorbers?im driving yr 2K RS200 auto.i saw in a brochure/catalog saying the 6MT uses sports suspension and 5AT it doesnt say anything.say if i want to install a new coil spring wouldnt it be wise to put in 6AT absorbers?because i have spare 6MT absorbers and i dont want to waste money buying aftermarket item.or is it better to but aftermarket 1 then install coil spring?thanks in advance.

I think there's no such thing as dampers for auto or manual..
altezza dampers = altezza dampers

Anyway, if u r changing springs with different rating than the stock springs (e.g.lowering springs), its advisable to get aftermarket absorbers..

Cheerz..

the after market shock absorbers n springs will always be better for ur car if u want better handling.

e.g tein, trd, bilstein, ohlins, hks all also bagus!!!! plus bear in mind for a 2k year of make car....suspension also old alredi...time to change especially if u hear any sounds of suspect the suspension is having prblems like too bouncy etc....

Hi green, mine same as yours yr2000 setting. Firstly i changed all 4 absorbers to new stock. But sadly it still bouncy when it's in highway... Come to the end i fixed aftermarket suspension to get better handling.

Y2k Stock Suspension
zzz.jpg

Closer look- Super Gas Shock Absorder KYB
xxx.jpg

Last edited:
thanks for the replies.i think u guys are right better change the stock and get aftermarket ones.i just want to save budget but if doing that would anyway effect my car then better to stop.is it going to be bouncy if i get adjustable or would it be better if i buy type non adj absorbers wih lowered springs?i dont want performance just comfy ride and nice look(lowered).

hey test!is the pic stock ones?i thought yr 2K stock is tokico brand?am i wrong?

mine is a yr2000 auto. my stock suspension always kena bumps especially when 4 fellas sit in it...imagine my shock. so soft for auto.

heard that yr 2001 onwards the altezza suspension has considerably stiffen up to sports suspension, so much better than the yr 2000 ones. u cam ask mr.porosaki on this matter as well. his is a yr2001 model. however, is the yr 2001 sports suspension for autos or manual i dun know.

hence i changed mine to trd sportivo. sportiness ride(just a bit stiff when doing slow speeds) with a comfy ride around town. plus lowered 20mm for each wheel front n back.

around highway (our highways which arent flat gettit? hahahha) very comfy with the soft bounces...manage to absorb the stupid unflatness of the highways well.

on slow speeds is damn steady as well.

chipstar this trd sportivo cound be what u wan. i beli ~rm3k brand new 2 yrs back.

trd sportivo....not adjustable. blue shock absorbers with white springs.

oh btw, u wan better handling, get the anti roll bars n under braces....u will need em also in addition to the sports suspension(any after market ones)

hence, u will then luv the responsiveness of ur car chassis n good control of the car....wherever u turn THAT steering wheel....hahahhaha

green thanks for the advice.im gonna start looking for a set of aftermarket suspension maybe getting non adjustable one.if can lower 1-2 cm and can withstand malaysia rough road then ill be satisfied enough.im still in japan btw studying in final year.plenty of time to do shopping before going back to malaysia.

bagus, get from japan...even cheaper man. good for u!!!

hey chipstar, where r u studying? Me also in japan. Niigata. There r so many altezza stuffs in Yahoo auction man. Also a lots of cheap 2nd hand stuffs also. I get my used sportivo for 20000yen only. Also can get branded adjustable abs. cheap2 one. Shopping online la.
Now currently using adj. abs but handling too rough. So bought the sportivo very cheap. The problem is cost for workmanship to change it around 10000yen. Damn! no wonder la why japanese are so rich. So need to DIY la later. hehe

alo aidmob nan nen sei?me from mie ken.me batch 18 i think u maybe know cinget la my batch.i last time used impreza same as his many parts in net la now altezza parts not so abundant.why go shop to install kouchin very takai la.me diy je.last time install grill altezza made many scratches to bumper.sigh.but u get self satisfation plus save yen hehe.

last night missed yahoo auction one sportivo 20000yen.want sell the sportivo ke letgo 15000 can ke hehe?aidmob what year altezza kouki one ke?how much u bought?i bought all include 85man yen year 2000 rs auto.i think the price is fair and car condition superb.i buy from car auto auction i have contact if any of your friend want to buy.also my senior looking for AP,for those who dont plan to bring back cars pless tell me.

WOw..Japan..Land of the rising Turbos..:biggrin:

Hey aidmob and chipstar...can u get stuff from japan for me ...jst asking..:_:

Get a 2nd hand supercharger JayDM!
japan auction is cheap.

gwt stuff to buy easy how to export back to malaysia thats tricky la.i dont know official stuff to send items if they re big plus i think using courier or postal service the charge is skyrocket.if u could arrange the delivery then everything else i could settle for you.

also many stuff we buy from japan auction mostly 2nd hand parts and for the mentioned SC kit brand new i think convert to malaysia RM also like 12k.i dont know malaysian market but im sure price in japan should be way cheaper.also tuner here cekik darah too much.my friend want to tune back DC5 ECU (he uses EPROM TopFuel) went back to TopFuel asking price for total cost is 100000yen.Thats about RM 3.5K.Is that considerable in Malaysia?if i have 3k id rather buy emanage/powerFC then learn tune myself.

chipstar, I`m no longer a student. Graduated allready. Not really know your batch in Nagaoka dai though but if Niigata dai I met most of them.
Just wait for another auction la. A lot will coming soon. Mine one dont want to sell la. Keep for spare parts.
BTW, mine is year 99 zenki model. Dont have much money to buy the kouki one la. Bought mine for 900K yen. Wah u manage to get year2000 altezza for that price. Quite cheap bro. Mine manual version.

Just manage to buy AP from friend for my wife Honda Fit. How much your frind willing to pay for the AP?

Poro, thanx for the suggestion but i dun think i want to mess with forced inductions at the moment especially if its second hand , anyway no $$$ for new one either :cry_smile: renovating my house now.....

Chiptar,
PowerFC sounds interesting, how much exactly is it in Japan? I understand from a friend that Msian customs charge a max of 30% thru FedEx

to aidmob
wah u not undergrad ke?my friend who want to buy AP also master degree now.Hes batch JPA 10 i think.Said willing to pay RM6K?plus minus i think.i bought the car auto auction le.maybe thats why got cheap.also the guy running the auction dont take much fee la.and he said to recommend him to others who want to buy through auction too.

to jaydm
power fc i dont know la fixed price never bought but according to yahoo japan auction brand new for altezza approx 70000yen thats about RM2500.Small things like that maybe dont need courier la if u really interested can wait any student here go back malaysia fo vacation this summer august/september can deliver through them.also might get cheaper if buy 2nd hand my place is near 2nd hand car shop-UP GARAGE.ill take a look for it.

Top Bottom