4g93t cm5a ( gsr terbalik ) clutch problem

TurboNeo

Known Member
Jan 10, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
hi guys ,

i would like to ask something about clutch for my cm5a gsr terbalik ..

just recently my car has a problem , high rev low speed .. then i send to workshop , my mechanic told me its clutch slip ..

so they say change clutch , and the problem is ..

i bought a genuine mitsubishi clutch plate , pad , bearing .

and the problem still exist after changed the clutch ..

and also i realize that the parts i bought is for evo 7 ..

because i google on the parts number MR567360 ..

so now my question is .. does evo 7 clutch plate , pads and bearing suitable for cm5a gearbox ?

because i google aftermarket clutch kit and i realize evo 7 and cm5a clutch share the same parts.

please help me thx

Solty8

Known Member
Nov 14, 2003
i dont think they skimm my flywheel ..

do i need to do that?
U need to skim ur flywheel 1-2 mm mine i skim 2mm, if not will sure kena when u press ur clutch. Try compare ur ori cm5a clutch and e7 the e7 is taller abit. :biggrin:

TurboNeo

Known Member
Jan 10, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
but now the problem is not kena or not ..
the problem is the clutch slip problem still exist after i changed the clutch ..
sad case ..

Solty8

Known Member
Nov 14, 2003
but now the problem is not kena or not ..
the problem is the clutch slip problem still exist after i changed the clutch ..
sad case ..
U skim edi or b4 skim ? clutch skip ? maybe skim too much kot. It's a new clutch right ? Ur car running how much bhp ? New clutch need to run in bro, dun race the clutch 1st try to drive slow slow few weeks or days. Quoted from Exedy FAQ

We recommend breaking in the clutch for 150-200 miles with mild engagement such as stop and go city driving prior to racing or spirited driving. EXEDY race discs usually only require a few hard slips to lap in the surfaces prior to normal driving or racing. Do not overheat the clutch during the break in period.

Frequently Asked Questions : Exedy Clutch Europe, Performance Clutches

My case, if I rev rpm to 1.5k then let go clutch very smooth, if i just let go clutch my car will jerk jerk then only smooth. Hope it's not flywheel problem coz just skim fly wheel. Worst is when I rev down from 5th to 4th then 3rd, will feel jerk jerk also maybe this is coz of new clutch ?

TurboNeo

Known Member
Jan 10, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
erm , no i havent skim my flywheel ..
the clutch slip before and after i change my clutch ..
my problem now is.. the rev go up fast but the speed is not ..
is like im stepping on the clutch and throttle together ..
my rev go up to 8000rpm in a sec but the speed is like 20kmh when im on full throttle..

Love-rat®

Mar 18, 2011
Malacca
My case, if I rev rpm to 1.5k then let go clutch very smooth, if i just let go clutch my car will jerk jerk then only smooth. Hope it's not flywheel problem coz just skim fly wheel. Worst is when I rev down from 5th to 4th then 3rd, will feel jerk jerk also maybe this is coz of new clutch ?
bro,did u sloved ur prob?

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
mine also slipps during high boost, as im using uprated gearbox internals with std clutch. need to use at least 3-4 pucks. if better twin or triple plates hehe.

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
yes, the flywheel may be at fault here, but i dont think it wud cause dat much slip

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
i have never skimmed any of my flywheel, it they either bit right away or took several days to bite hard

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Stumbled in online classified site that some are selling the electric jack & wrench. Looks good as if always DIY, then don't have to sweat to jack up and somemore can use the wrench to unscrew some tough bolt.

Anyone have experince in using them?...On other site, it mentioned these tool should not be continuously used for more than 10 min...maybe battery will weaken...

Still yum yum looks to me and thsoe who like to DIY :wink:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience