4AGE 16V - need help (Air Filter)

scomatic

2,000 RPM
Hi there,
The 4AGE 16V non tvis, possible or not to put in the Open Pod Air Filter? Because I found there is and sensor at the Air Filter there. Any problem if i remove it?

1 more thing, the 20V AFM and MAP sensor box possible to put in the 4AGE 16V Non tvis? Need any modification? Which 1 better AFM or MAP?

Can use i think. If i remember just buy adapter to make use of current intake. But i think you meant to replace the intake piping altogether. Like that i remember seeing some drilled pipes and attached the sensors there with silicone glue.

The sensor is air temperature sensor,i dont suggest u disconnect it,just put it somewhere in the air stream,in front of air filter also can,if u disconnect,engine still can start and drive,but not up to normal performance

Can use open air pod filter, but you can remove the sensor if not ur RPM meter will be dancing around in ur dashboard.

If ur custom making a new piping for ur air filter, they will drill a hole for ur sensor, i dont think they usually silicon it.

so if i buy directly from AE101 (AFM) or AE111 (MAP), it can be plug and play liao lor... Because evey sensor are in the sensor box liao ma... Am i right?

so mean can use the AE111 (MAP) or AE101(AFM) in 4AGE 16V? just plug and play or what?

Ae101 inside AFM,Ae111 at the intake duct <-- mean AE101 the sensor are in the AFM, and AE111 sensor at the intake duct?

Can use. I am using it now. Dem powderful the sound! muahahahaahahahah!

Everything must berani to do trial and run and don't be afraid to fail. Then this will be ur ownself improvement and u also learn something new. Go and try it out! Ganbate!!!

Regards,
Mike

Yes,Ae101 air temp sensor is in the afm itself,Ae111 air temp sensor is at the intake hose.Better use Ae111.If you wanna use open pod filter,no need buy new air temp sensor,just relocate that sensor to where necessary.

yep can use open pod and have to relocate air temp sensor. tried once disconnected the sensor and the engine still can start and the car was driveable but didnt notice any performance drop..may be it was night and air density was high...just for agument sake...if put in cooler place in engine bay will ecu detect cooler temp and schedule for richer fuel mixture?? what u guys think, bro?

add some more wire to lengthen it and bring it inside the cabin,put in front of the aircond duct and see how,hehe