The new, techier Kona makes Malaysian debut through Hyundai Sime Darby Motors. It runs on the latest 2L engine and a more direct chain driven IVT CVT transmission, both Smartstream..
9.7 sec / 149ps / 180nm / 2L NA 4cyl Smartstream / FWD / Smartstream IVT CVT / 198kmh / Kona Standard RM119,888 / Kona Active RM136,888
This crossover SUV is now 40mm longer and feature redesigned front and back. Latest Hyundai cascading grille dominates the face, it looks bolder now with the new bumper and updated faux-headlight DRLs
- New 17- or 18-inch wheels for Kona Standard and Kona Active
- Redesigned interior with split instrument panel and console area
- New interior colour choice and materials. Black cloth sears or perforated leather seats in black or beige
- Electric parking brake with auto hold
- Remote engine start via smart
- 10.25-inch digital cluster (Kona Active)
- Wireless Android Auto and Apple CarPlay Waze and Google Maps navigation
The Kona Active features a suite of safety and driver assistance:
- Blind-Spot Collision-Avoidance Assist (BCA)
- Rear Cross Traffic Collision-Avoidance Assist (RCCA)
- Lane Keeping Assist (LKA)
- Lane Following Assist (LFA)
- Driver Attention Warning (DAW) with Leading Vehicle Departure Alert
- Rear Occupant Alert (ROA)
- High Beam Assist (HBA)
- Forward Collision-Avoidance Assist (FCA) upgraded with pedestrian and vehicle detection.
- Kona Standard: Chalk White / Galactic Grey / Surfy Blue / Pulse Red
- Kona Active: Surfy Blue / Dive in Jeju / Ignite Flame / Dark Knight / Misty Jungle.
The Kona offers a 5-year or 300,000km warranty and also 3-year or 50,000km free maintenance service.
“With a bold, progressive design and adventurous personality, the KONA has become an icon in its segment. We are more confident than before of the Hyundai KONA’s success in Malaysia despite the fierce competition in this segment,” said Mr Low Yuan Lung, Managing Director of HSDM.
Mr Low added that the KONA’s design is very distinctive and unique. The redesigned front and rear of the car give the KONA a sleek, sophisticated look while keeping its robust signature style to make it even more appealing to customers who lead active lifestyles.
“Its distinctive look makes it stand out from any other model in its class. The Kona is also targeted for those who want to stand out in the crowd and be different. It’s an agile and stylish car that can take you anywhere, be it for an adventurous outing or just for a city drive,” he said.