2008 Porsche 911 (997) Turbo Cabriolet

imoloq

1,000 RPM
Porsche997TurboCabrio03.jpg

Sexy yet elegant.

The perfect words to describe the new 911 Turbo Cabriolet?

Not even close. I think drop-dead gorgeous would be a better word.

This is only the 3rd convertible in the history of 911 Turbos; the previous was the 996 Turbo Cabriolet.

Porsche997TurboCabrio02.jpg

Porsche997TurboCabrio01.jpg

The car is not in production yet but some details were available. Like the 997 Turbo Coupe, the convertible should have an output of 480 hp at 6,000 rpm. Torque will also be increased — from 560 to 620 Nm. The top speed is expected to surpass the current car's limit of 300kph and the 997 Turbo Cabriolet will be offered with a new four-wheel-drive system.

With this convertible, you can have the performance of the legendary 911 Turbo and, at the same time, enjoy a nice drive in the countryside with the top down. The best of both worlds. Once again, Porsche has made one of the world's most desirable car, the 911 Turbo, more desirable.

The current 911 Turbo (997) has a retail price of RM 1.5 million in Malaysia.

Source: Germancarblog

Last edited by a moderator:
i thought 2008 is NEXT YEAR, right? and we are in the middle of 2007? and how on earth a 2008 car is on the road, say, in April 2007?

that Posh, might be THE NEW 911 Turbo Cabriolet. pull stop.

i thought 2008 is NEXT YEAR, right? and we are in the middle of 2007? and how on earth a 2008 car is on the road, say, in April 2007?

that Posh, might be THE NEW 911 Turbo Cabriolet. pull stop.

The article clearly states that the car is not in production yet. The pictures are spyshots of the car under testing.

back in europe and united states , the competition of new model is high , car manufacturer race against each other to convince buyer to buy their car .... so there were a lots of line up new model before 2007 is ended.... unlike malaysia ... I think everyone knows wira is started first model in 1993 until 2007 and maybe 2008 (about 15 years same thing except the face lift change) .... oso same like iswara nowadays known as proton saga again with the price reduction RM26k++ ( I wonder why the price is drop , I think you all have the answer) ...... just my 2 penny .....

I think drop-dead gorgeous would be a better word.

Really... ? Since when were 911 Cabs so beautiful?
Porsches aren't beautiful, they are more of hard-core...

Sleek beauty and gorgeous and all that are for (at the moment) Astons and Maseratis.

Thanks for sharing anyway..
If you find more pics and some updates, please share with us here.

Last edited:
errr, i think the spoiler makes the rear kinda ugly. My 2 cents

The 911 isn't and never was a beautiful thing. It's a flawed design that Porsche have stubbornly stood by and improved over the years. It is mostly form following function. And I have to say that the 911 has quite a bit of class because of that.

Whilst many sports cars have become flashier, bigger and louder, the 911 has kept true to itself and remains THE benchmark sports coupe.

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom