1zz-fe performance upgrade

actually, before u buy anything.. u should decide on these :

1. what kind of ride u want.. ? daily driving, drag racing, track racing, fast street setup, rally, etc..?
2. what percentage of power gain u want? 10%, 20%, 30%?
3. at what rpm u usually drive ur car ? 3k , 6k, 9k?
4. last but definitely not least.. how much money u willing to spend..?

this set of question will help us understand more on 'what u wanna achieve'..

so that we can advice u accurately :wink:

actually, before u buy anything.. u should decide on these :

1. what kind of ride u want.. ? daily driving, drag racing, track racing, fast street setup, rally, etc..?
2. what percentage of power gain u want? 10%, 20%, 30%?
3. at what rpm u usually drive ur car ? 3k , 6k, 9k?
4. last but definitely not least.. how much money u willing to spend..?

this set of question will help us understand more on 'what u wanna achieve'..

so that we can advice u accurately :wink:

street race :driver: . my budget is around 6k. my usual drive style usually below 3k rpm. but when in mood to tekan, confirm tekan habis. lol

Seriously, the altis's brake is crap. Before going for more power, i believe improve the braking power is the top priority.

Brakes n suspension too :biggrin:

I believe TS is just a traffic lights dragger :biggrin:

In the past i've test driven 2 altis belong to 2 different friends but to my dismay, their braking power feels like kancil's where u've to plan your braking :banghead:. Maybe they're not maintain properly tho.

get this turbo kit :wink:

i'm not a fan of turbo.. but if u want instant power, that's the cheapest way

TurboKits.com | Turbo Kit for 03-08 Toyota Corolla 1ZZ-FE | On Sale: $2,895.00

Gudluck :burnout:

Ya BOT is the way to go!!! If not then 2zz hehe!

Seriously, the altis's brake is crap. Before going for more power, i believe improve the braking power is the top priority.

I believe TS is just a traffic lights dragger :biggrin:

In the past i've test driven 2 altis belong to 2 different friends but to my dismay, their braking power feels like kancil's where u've to plan your braking :banghead:. Maybe they're not maintain properly tho.

Not that bad la. At least better than my saga BLM. Is not like any performance brakes but good enough to save u from normal daily drive. Just need improve better brake pads for stronger bite. But stock bites kinda well

here I would like to stress, power is not everything if you don't have a car that handles well. sort out the braking and suspension system then move on to upgrading the 1zz engine.
Thwre arre no economical way of buliding engines with more power such as 1 zz -fe. I havebto agree in some way force induction is the way if yiu are ralking about real horse power gain per dollar. There are many kits out there that can easily put up 30hp on wheel n torque figure giung up to 28kg from 18kg. But sometimes what we are looking for is accessible power band for street driving and maybe occasional track session.

do you know any shop here can bot the altis ? selangor area

---------- Post added at 10:04 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:03 AM ----------

here I would like to stress, power is not everything if you don't have a car that handles well. sort out the braking and suspension system then move on to upgrading the 1zz engine.
Thwre arre no economical way of buliding engines with more power such as 1 zz -fe. I havebto agree in some way force induction is the way if yiu are ralking about real horse power gain per dollar. There are many kits out there that can easily put up 30hp on wheel n torque figure giung up to 28kg from 18kg. But sometimes what we are looking for is accessible power band for street driving and maybe occasional track session.

any suggestion for better handling and stability of the car ?

do you know any shop here can bot the altis ? selangor area

---------- Post added at 10:04 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:03 AM ----------

any suggestion for better handling and stability of the car ?

Suspension :
1. Titan suspension or other brands..
2. Ultra Racing bars
3. rigid colar..

Brakes :
1. bigger caliper
2. slotted rotors
3. better brake pads
4. steel brake hose

Gudluck :burnout:

Stock 1ZZ doesn't have 18 kg of torque, even 2ZZ stock is around 16-17 kg
Stock 1ZZ has around 100 whp, BOT can get you to above 200 whp but make sure that your engine internals are strong enough to support the amount of boost

YeeHau86 knows best... he is driving Altis with 2ZZGE.... i hav a corolla 2zzge trdsport 6speed manual halfcut which is plug n play to 2002-2007 model altis.... interested can call me at 0122249991

Top Bottom