1.8 mivec management?need advises from all sifu

wow its been a while since i first started the thread,it's nice to see ya'll discussins and i find it really helpful and thoughtful.thanks a lot people! by the way bro josh a.k.a vteckiller are those pistons still available? do you have it in 83 instead of 82?

wow its been a while since i first started the thread,it's nice to see ya'll discussins and i find it really helpful and thoughtful.thanks a lot people! by the way bro josh a.k.a vteckiller are those pistons still available? do you have it in 83 instead of 82?

ya its still available but sorry i only have 82mm in stock la.
dont wanna bring 83mm la coz they said not reliable coz bore to big and might crack the block,coz forged piston need to bore even bigger for clearence and the 83 is max limit so gonna be dangerous.
so 82mm is the best safe way to go.

mivec head+ 4g93 block+mivec ecu & wiring + mivec gearbox is the ideal NA system. if you want more power, + metal gasket and mivec standard pistons.
i dont think should go for bore piston.
1st, wall become thin and mivec is high compression and mostly will get your block crack or blow
2nd, it happened to my friend's car
3rd, big project, big dream and big pocket of cash <my own opinion la
used to think of it..but at last realised $$ to play NA to gain power is more expensive than us force induction
wish you the best ^^

Bump: mivec head+ 4g93 block+mivec ecu & wiring + mivec gearbox is the ideal NA system. if you want more power, + metal gasket and mivec standard pistons.
i dont think should go for bore piston.
1st, wall become thin and mivec is high compression and mostly will get your block crack or blow
2nd, it happened to my friend's car
3rd, big project, big dream and big pocket of cash <my own opinion la
used to think of it..but at last realised $$ to play NA to gain power is more expensive than use force induction
wish you the best ^^

not really true la...
turbo more money la..must buy turbo,wastegate,rod,piston,banana,intake,boost controller,etc..etc...haiyooo more money la...n/a is the basic,piston,rod,cams,ecu,like dat can already...proper comp ratio and rite cam spec sure good power for n/a..

whats the best compression ratio for mivec? in psi...

Bump: whats the best compression ratio for mivec? in psi...

whats the best compression ratio for mivec? in psi...

Bump: whats the best compression ratio for mivec? in psi...

Bro, compression ratio got no unit... It's a comparison between the bottom clearance and the top clearance of a combustion chamber in terms of volume... So, there's basically no unit.

What ever u mods, steak to 11:1 bro.

Bump: What ever u mods, maintain to 11:1 cr bro.

how do i get the ratio of cr of my engine? Btw i did mine with a compression tester it shows in psi.. it this information useful? :)

how do i get the ratio of cr of my engine? Btw i did mine with a compression tester it shows in psi.. it this information useful? :)

AIYO... :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

that's pressure unit lar..

Compression gauge takes the pressure of the cylinder when it's at atmospheric. When engine cranked, the piston goes up and down and reads the maximum pressure. CR is something given by engine specification.

IF use 4G93 block, with stock pistons, compression ratio is about 10 only. But is use mivec pistons, compression ratio is >11.5. Maybe 4G92 piston is something more reasonable. Or, use back stock 93 pistons, then get a 0.4mm metal gasket to increase the CR.

how bout re-chip original mivec ecu..
what can be tune with re-chip..
also what re-chip can be use to manage mivec 1.8..

Top Bottom