arc super induction box

nitrous_o2

Known Member
Jun 10, 2006
Ipoh-JB-Vietnam
Hi all,
anyone have the measurement for arc super induction box:hmmmm:...might wanna build 1 for 4G93.

---------- Post added at 06:48 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:31 PM ----------

Hi all,
anyone have the measurement for arc super induction box:hmmmm:...might wanna build 1 for 4G93.
attached in sketch drawing of own version

please help give idea...filter goin to use K&N to replace ARC

material still thinking

Attachments

Last edited:

nitrous_o2

Known Member
Jun 10, 2006
Ipoh-JB-Vietnam
its still in testing stage...due to my car still in spraying i dun have my car to measure the location of the filter box...all drawn out based on K&N dimension...still thinking what type of material suitable for the outer frame...or perhaps u can choose which design is better for 4G93 NA engine...
attached picture for ur suggestion
cheaper is better:burnout:

Attachments

wirahybrid

Known Member
Oct 27, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
wirahybrid.blogspot.com
hi there, i was also planning to do the same type of arc induction box during my sem break.. the type of material that i was planning to use was aluminium(haven't decided on wat size yet).

method of doing it:
1)first method:i was planning on making a template out of card board first with all the mounting holes indicated then cut the corresponding pieces out of aluminium sort of like a jig saw puzzle, take the pieces to a nearby exhaust shop that does intercooler piping and have them weld it together...

2)second method: using the same template, open it up till i get a single flat piece. transfer the template onto a sheet of aluminium and cut it out. i had two ways of putting it together:
a)first is the same as the above; have them weld up all the joints..
b)other way was to actually to have extended sides(circled in the example pic attached)-not sure what the proper term for it..:stupid: ... drill holes on those extended sides and to its corresponding sides to be attached with and rivet it... then take it to the exhaust shop to have the edges welded for proper seal...

then have a 3" hole cut out and an aluminium pipe of desired length welded on.. and mount it at desired position

bt my only question is in the design there seems to be only one hole, so i'll be assuming the hole is connected to the MAF sensor via a short length of flexi hose.. but where will the air be sucked in. i can see a square at the front so i'll be assuming that where the air comes in. just to share with you(hope you dont mind :hmmmm:) my design in mind was to DIY a custom headlight out of fiberglass with a projector lamp on the right side(drivers side headlight; towards the grill side for wira,putra,satri) and a CAI funnel next to it connected directly to the airbox.. the airbox will be placed where the battery was (moved mine to the trunk)...

this is just my 2 cents... hope u dont mind me sharing:biggrin::burnout:

Attachments

zac

1,000 RPM
Feb 7, 2007
Johor Bahru
me like it too... :love:
HKS power flow giving too much noise...:bawling:

p3jal

1,000 RPM
Jan 20, 2007
Selangor
guys where to buy arc super induction box?? im looking for it look nice bro ~ ehhe where can buy for evo 6 ?

mydvdrom

Known Member
Jul 20, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
i am looking at making an induction box too for my wira 4G93 coz the radiator fan is blowing hot air in the direction of my HKS powerflow. i did an aluminium think plate cover from right behind the battery to the suspension mounting area but is koyak now.

my 2 cents is u need to do a piping from bumper to the airbox for cold air intake (force cold air in during driving). problem with that is (especially with lowered cars) chances of water getting into the piping. so need to have the piping mouth to the airbox slightly pointing away from the air filter juz in case. can get a funnel/horn type of piping mouth installed at bumper including piping to engine bay from accessories like brothers. RM150 or below i think.

btw, i think aluminium is too thin and soft. maybe need to consider other options but must be budget!

---------- Post added at 09:38 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:35 PM ----------

there is also a theory i got of lining the inside or outside of box with reflective windscreen shades that u can get from tesco/giant for RM3.99

nitrous_o2

Known Member
Jun 10, 2006
Ipoh-JB-Vietnam
great idea...i'll break out the drawing and will build a prototype using acrylic by pasting all the break out portion...air funnel will have to use back original location 1st...

Attachments

wirahybrid

Known Member
Oct 27, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
wirahybrid.blogspot.com
i am looking at making an induction box too for my wira 4G93 coz the radiator fan is blowing hot air in the direction of my HKS powerflow. i did an aluminium think plate cover from right behind the battery to the suspension mounting area but is koyak now.

my 2 cents is u need to do a piping from bumper to the airbox for cold air intake (force cold air in during driving). problem with that is (especially with lowered cars) chances of water getting into the piping. so need to have the piping mouth to the airbox slightly pointing away from the air filter juz in case. can get a funnel/horn type of piping mouth installed at bumper including piping to engine bay from accessories like brothers. RM150 or below i think.

btw, i think aluminium is too thin and soft. maybe need to consider other options but must be budget!

---------- Post added at 09:38 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:35 PM ----------

there is also a theory i got of lining the inside or outside of box with reflective windscreen shades that u can get from tesco/giant for RM3.99
actually there's many sizes, types and thickness for aluminium sheets and it all depends on the manufacturing of it... from really soft to pretty hard. most hardware shops carry the soft type but you can order the thicker type of aluminium... i'm not to sure about the sizing whether the thickness is measured in mm or in other types of measurement (anybody care to advise on this, pls??)

---------- Post added at 08:08 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:03 PM ----------

great idea...i'll break out the drawing and will build a prototype using acrylic by pasting all the break out portion...air funnel will have to use back original location 1st...
cool, do keep updating from time to time.. :driver:

mydvdrom

Known Member
Jul 20, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
so nitrous, u r entrusted to design the box. hahaha. needs 2 holes. one for the piping connecting to airflow sensor to throttle and one for air in piping from bumper. i guess the air ram can get from Brothers or any accessories as long as not more than RM150. can do ownself but the horn inlet at bumper looks super cool. another thing, the air in hole must not face directly to air filter (assuming using powerflow or pod filters like me). donwan to have water flying into the filter! lolz. have fun and do share ur design. and if we are all located in klang valley can all go get the design fabricated together and get cheaper price.

nitrous_o2

Known Member
Jun 10, 2006
Ipoh-JB-Vietnam
so nitrous, u r entrusted to design the box. hahaha. needs 2 holes. one for the piping connecting to airflow sensor to throttle and one for air in piping from bumper. i guess the air ram can get from Brothers or any accessories as long as not more than RM150. can do ownself but the horn inlet at bumper looks super cool. another thing, the air in hole must not face directly to air filter (assuming using powerflow or pod filters like me). donwan to have water flying into the filter! lolz. have fun and do share ur design. and if we are all located in klang valley can all go get the design fabricated together and get cheaper price.
bro...i designed the air intake area on the bottom and the intake to airflow is on the upper section...to prevent water direct sucked to engine but dunno will this effect the smooth flow of the air flows to engine...
can pls help to attach picture of the air ram?:hmmmm:

thanks

mydvdrom

Known Member
Jul 20, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
i seen the air ram on the bumpers of many cars before and i asked Brothers and they have them. last i remember was around RM120-150 plus installation. pls share ur design wif us 4G93 fellas.

---------- Post added at 09:54 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:49 PM ----------

here's wad i got from Brother's website
http://www.brothers.com.my/popup_image.php?pID=784
http://www.brothers.com.my/popup_image.php?pID=785

of coz we can do it ourselves but the ones in the pics sure look cool.

---------- Post added at 10:03 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:54 PM ----------

i m considering not going for airbox as i m using HKS powerflow now. maybe i will go for a professionally done heat shield like the one from Hotbits from Speedworks. go to speedworks website and go to performance kit and input proton wira 1.8 and they will show wad they have to mod it. i m considering using the heat shield and air ram from brothers. wadcha guys wif open pod think?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Don't you just love tuners? They take a relatively fast car, replace some parts, do some tuning work and turn it into some fire breathing monster that can easily take on some of the more established barons of speed. This is one fine example by Emotion Wheels. The German tuner usually only works with wheels and this is its second time branching out into the world of total...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience