mivec 1.8

JackWaiKit

Known Member
Aug 9, 2008
www.friendster.com
coz when rpm sudden drop after hi rev mah!!!
so for the stand alone ecu u can see miss firing loh!!!

Overfuel doesn't mean safe to engine but instead of blown...
U will over load ur piston...
this can cause gasket leaking maybe...!!!

zac

1,000 RPM
Feb 7, 2007
Johor Bahru
coz when rpm sudden drop after hi rev mah!!!
so for the stand alone ecu u can see miss firing loh!!!

Overfuel doesn't mean safe to engine but instead of blown...
U will over load ur piston...
this can cause gasket leaking maybe...!!!
The first statement is only applied on heavyly moded vehicle mah... daily car wont mod till that extend...

Overfuel after safely calculated one lah... not simply simply hantam... otherwise the shop already closed down lah...:biggrin:

p1@leong

Mar 22, 2009
i own a mivec engine b4, very syiok, if u just normal drive only then no need spent to much, just a normal modify is enough..

mivec RS

Mar 6, 2009
anyone here already try mat speed reprofile cam for 1.8 mivec . want share here . heard from friends big defferent after intall this cam . tork and hp increace .

zac

1,000 RPM
Feb 7, 2007
Johor Bahru
but its regrind from ori cam right? and i read the figure comparison somewhere it doesnt seemed much improvement, just a slight change and the low to mid is better... is that so?? if your fren has it then try sit in his car and try it out!!!:biggrin:

JackWaiKit

Known Member
Aug 9, 2008
www.friendster.com
i have try it...
but feeling just like not statisfy...

My comment is that...
the ori setting is equal for low & hi end torque...
but after did...maybe my foreman pro...low end good torque but hi end, less lo-hi cam change sound liao!!!

maybe this is the one...

But of course...i ain't just did this sigularly!!!
I re-change metal gasket, innovete cam profile & adj cam gear!!!

Can it be useful!!!

Hehe

slipar

500 RPM
Apr 29, 2006
banting - pj
planning to built 1.8 mivec in future..
been reading through the prev post..
one question to ask mivec 1.8 owner here..
so if use mivec standard size piston what the thinnest metal gasket can use??
how bout knocking problem..
if using mivec piston then use 1.5mm metal gasket the compression will be same like using 92 sohc piston with 0.4mm metal gasket??
can give suggestion in metal gasket thickness to use if using mivec piston & also 92sohc piston..
thanx in advance..

Last edited:

JackWaiKit

Known Member
Aug 9, 2008
www.friendster.com
Change your foreman...:biggrin:

Belum cuba, belum tahu.
innovate cam profile isn't same with ur GSR turbo!
Simply adj boost car can go faster...

1.8 is stil 1.8 NA...
innovate jus some for rev responses...
but it doesn' mean that ur car can up 10hp!!!

mivec RS

Mar 6, 2009
hai friends ,

from what i heard mivec 1.8 always knoking if u not setup it properly . fuel need to be set properly . than knoking hilang . before using 1.8 piston no knoking . now high comp piston in progress . hope knoking not occur . i will share it later :biggrin:

JackWaiKit

Known Member
Aug 9, 2008
www.friendster.com
hai friends ,

from what i heard mivec 1.8 always knoking if u not setup it properly . fuel need to be set properly . than knoking hilang . before using 1.8 piston no knoking . now high comp piston in progress . hope knoking not occur . i will share it later :biggrin:
Knock is only bcoz of distributor timing too hi!!!
U can lower it but sparking less powerful!!!

fct

Known Member
Nov 15, 2003
kluang,jb,spore
too high a engine compression can easily bring knocking that at high rpm that u can't heard.
look 4 a foreman that can do compression test/measurement when modify for the engine.
it need a experience foreman to do the job as it is not only measure by using those instrument that plug into the engine head spark plug compartment.it need to take out the head and put in liquid in the block,head combustion chamber and do some calculation including the thickness of the gasket used.
if a engine knocking can be heard by ears ,then engineers no need to invent the knock detect sensor and those knock detect scope items when tuning.
turning the distributor will only help a bit when low rpm.
proper compression ratio,fuel used (higher octane) and engine management are more effective.

JackWaiKit

Known Member
Aug 9, 2008
www.friendster.com
too high a engine compression can easily bring knocking that at high rpm that u can't heard.
look 4 a foreman that can do compression test/measurement when modify for the engine.
it need a experience foreman to do the job as it is not only measure by using those instrument that plug into the engine head spark plug compartment.it need to take out the head and put in liquid in the block,head combustion chamber and do some calculation including the thickness of the gasket used.
if a engine knocking can be heard by ears ,then engineers no need to invent the knock detect sensor and those knock detect scope items when tuning.
turning the distributor will only help a bit when low rpm.
proper compression ratio,fuel used (higher octane) and engine management are more effective.
I believe most of the foreman have this kind of tester...

But how comes my stock(flat) 93 piston also have knocking at 6500rpm?
Is it setting not ngam?

mivec RS

Mar 6, 2009
hai bro ,
i also run 1.8 flat piston on mivec head . but not occur knoking problem . mivec head with flat piston consider low compression ratio . better check your ignition timing . :itsme:

Mivec559

Known Member
Oct 7, 2008
hmmm..if u guys hav the knocking sound problem..
try check in the valve spring that middle batang thingy..i think is called valve something something..last time i hav this knocking sound prob..then i went to adjust the valve thing..after adjust and drive few times..finally adjusted correctly and no more sound..just my 2cent :smokin:

GSR06

Known Member
Dec 22, 2006
innovate cam profile isn't same with ur GSR turbo!
Simply adj boost car can go faster...

1.8 is stil 1.8 NA...
innovate jus some for rev responses...
but it doesn' mean that ur car can up 10hp!!!

Change your mechanic...

ky2004

Known Member
Jul 3, 2004
yep yep... go look for ah loon.. he should able to fix your problem. mine also running mivec + 4g93 block.. currently using 1.6 oversized piston.. but no time to take care of it.. dont send ur car to foreman that use method "try and error " to fix ur car.... end up u will pay more money to fix rather to enjoy it.

dr.sbaitso

Known Member
Jul 29, 2004
Kuching
Visit site
mine hybrid mivec using pajero block 4G94,power awesome even in stock...

ky2004

Known Member
Jul 3, 2004
are u serius ? 4g94 is 2.0 blck rite? how do u mount it? modified the mounting?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Was walking about Low Yatt and saw some good offer for Neon Lights. 70% off :D This DIY can be argued to be Ah Beng or as a cool decoration.. but whatever it is... :P as long as we are happy can liau la..

These are standard PC neons.. This is from Cooler Master. Since I did not modify my computer ever since busy working with company notebooks...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience