Discuss About Your Car...

alcyon

500 RPM
Sep 13, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
Why in between shaft area and oil patch no oil? Usually if leak then whole absorber will be oily, right? Mine does.....lol
This is a monotube, hence usually the shock body is inverted, so the oil has tendency to go down, so you dont see oil on the shaft.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
This is a monotube, hence usually the shock body is inverted, so the oil has tendency to go down, so you dont see oil on the shaft.
Yes, but if leak will be from shaft, but area about the oil patch is dry?

suspension.jpg

Last edited:

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
If under warranty, still not too bad. Still covered. Else pain in the arse. I bought used adjustables for my Airtrek regretted. Then I changed again to Ralliart. Double the price can buy a set of new ones. So this time, my Project 8 will get brand new set!

s.marz

Known Member
Aug 10, 2016
Kuala Lumpur
Honestly my area now isn't the best due to construction work so the road is temporary and very very bumpy. I'll have to creep over those roads because it gets very jiggly.

The unfortunate thing is that's the only way to get to KL or else I'll have to go one big round...

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
If under warranty, still not too bad. Still covered. Else pain in the arse. I bought used adjustables for my Airtrek regretted. Then I changed again to Ralliart. Double the price can buy a set of new ones. So this time, my Project 8 will get brand new set!

why not doing full servicing the used set before install... ideally thats the best practice

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
Could be a factory defect, but I'm still not sure why either.
hope they replace one on one. Something not right for 3mths old bought new suspension.
cylinder wall, seals ...etc already defect from factory. Don take it for service.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
hope they replace one on one. Something not right for 3mths old bought new suspension.
cylinder wall, seals ...etc already defect from factory. Don take it for service.
Depends how the warranty is given. Some will repair only. Only if cannot repair they will replace. Hope bro. s.marz keeps us informed.....:driver:

s.marz

Known Member
Aug 10, 2016
Kuala Lumpur
Depends how the warranty is given. Some will repair only. Only if cannot repair they will replace. Hope bro. s.marz keeps us informed.....:driver:
Will keep this thread updated, gonna have it replaced on Monday :)

Oh btw guys, anyone knows where to tune the suspension? I feel mine is abit harsh.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

On October 7, 2009, MICHELIN launched its first global advertising campaign. The new campaign’s slogan – “The right tire changes everything” – is intended to illustrate the competitive advantages of MICHELIN tires in media outlets around the world.
In response to today’s increasingly competitive business environment, MICHELIN has decided to launch an unconventional global campaign to explain to...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience