Discuss About Your Car...

s.marz

Known Member
Aug 10, 2016
Kuala Lumpur
Actually I can't accept that reply from them. It actually means the dampers are not good. Warranty is by period or mileage. Anything in the warranty that states high impact. How are they going to prove high impact? Say the dampers were normally and it leaked due to some manufacturing fault, and they say high impact cannot claim....:banghead:
I actually fought with their reasoning but the proof they had was that the components were fucked, like it was just in pieces when it was disassembled. They told me that if it was due to leakage, they'd get me a new set but because the seal and dampers (I am guessing mount??) actually broke, it's a completely different case.

I am not mad because I can't claim the warranty because I am guilty of running over those potholes while I was really going at high speed. It's just unavoidable.

Wait - what brand are these? If dampers break based on impact - that's nonsense. They are called dampers for crying out loud.

If these dampers are that useless I'd want to avoid using them. Please share the brand
You know just like a car, there are going to be lemon products and I am guessing unfortunately, I got the lemon set.

Exactly.....lol

The picture he posted got KW on it.....:biggrin:
It's KW V2.

bro s.marz, whatever done is done. Hope you can send the pics to KW and make some complaints, since you have proof of purchase, date, warranty..etc.
Yea I'd def do that when I have the time.

Thanks guys for being so concern, damn gotta love car communities. :adore:

Last edited:

s.marz

Known Member
Aug 10, 2016
Kuala Lumpur
Oh guys, the car came with M5 steering (previous owner changed it) and the pedals are not working atm. I heard there are shops at sunway that can do the wiring, any of you guys heard/know of the place?

s.marz

Known Member
Aug 10, 2016
Kuala Lumpur
Shit.. my up-coming car is on KW v2 dampers. I'mma gonna have them replaced asap.
Don't let this one incident affect your image of it, I personally feel they are still one of the best. I could be just 1 of the thousands customer that got the lemon product.
If you look up other BMW NA or European/UK forums, they recommend either this or the Koni coilovers.

Last edited:

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
I'm still with bro vr2turbo and iszo, I will screw the hell out of them. The reason is not acceptable really... sigh.. how much did you have to flock out?

@vr2turbo, not loaded la.. if the buyer pays only RM300 for the adjustables, I really don't want to go through all those hassles to dig into Ah Wah's trash, pack them into boxes, bring it to post office and send it out. Just too much work for me and besides, I have to do it during office hours. If I want more for it, I think it's unfair to the buyer because he has to rebuilt everything. I bought it used for 1K and used it for a few months only. Cannot stand the knocking noises coming out... so considering a loss and waste of money due to bad decisions. Learned it the hard way... of all the setups I had in my Airtrek, the Eibach springs + stock absorbers were the best. I should have just replaced the stock absorbers when they leaked instead of 'upgrading'... sigh..

Well unless someone doesn't mind going to Ah Wah's place and dig it themselves and take it, you can have it for RM200.. hahaha (that is if the it is still there.. )

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I'm still with bro vr2turbo and iszo, I will screw the hell out of them. The reason is not acceptable really... sigh.. how much did you have to flock out?

@vr2turbo, not loaded la.. if the buyer pays only RM300 for the adjustables, I really don't want to go through all those hassles to dig into Ah Wah's trash, pack them into boxes, bring it to post office and send it out. Just too much work for me and besides, I have to do it during office hours. If I want more for it, I think it's unfair to the buyer because he has to rebuilt everything. I bought it used for 1K and used it for a few months only. Cannot stand the knocking noises coming out... so considering a loss and waste of money due to bad decisions. Learned it the hard way... of all the setups I had in my Airtrek, the Eibach springs + stock absorbers were the best. I should have just replaced the stock absorbers when they leaked instead of 'upgrading'... sigh..

Well unless someone doesn't mind going to Ah Wah's place and dig it themselves and take it, you can have it for RM200.. hahaha (that is if the it is still there.. )
Just pulling your leg lah! If you put at mechanic trash area probably he sold as trash already. My mechanic would have done that, unless I tell him store at his place first.....hhahhahah:driver:

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
Just pulling your leg lah! If you put at mechanic trash area probably he sold as trash already. My mechanic would have done that, unless I tell him store at his place first.....hhahhahah:driver:
Hehehe... well, last time I was there, I looked into the trash (all adjustables). He has like 10 sets of adjustables but all needed rebuilt. I think mine was still there. However there was flood once and he cleaned it, then I don't see it anymore. Maybe thrown away like u said.

s.marz

Known Member
Aug 10, 2016
Kuala Lumpur
If you actually look up on kw official webpage, warranty will be void anything related to impact.

Monotube can't take high impact.
Oh really? One of the main reasons I upgraded is because it's heavy duty = more reliable...

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
If you actually look up on kw official webpage, warranty will be void anything related to impact.

Oh really? One of the main reasons I upgraded is because it's heavy duty = more reliable...
monotube cant take high impact ? ohhh shit,,,i must be more careful then :biggrin:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
Monotube can't take high impact.
actually monotube design is used for competition purpose that takes a lot of impact...track...and rally

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I change one set of Monroe once. Warranty 6 months, so after 3 months use it went soft, so was rolling and bouncing all over. Send back for claim they say no jam, no leak, nothing wrong, but told them they have gone soft, still refuse my claim, so I boycott Monroe already......lol:rofl:

s.marz

Known Member
Aug 10, 2016
Kuala Lumpur
I change one set of Monroe once. Warranty 6 months, so after 3 months use it went soft, so was rolling and bouncing all over. Send back for claim they say no jam, no leak, nothing wrong, but told them they have gone soft, still refuse my claim, so I boycott Monroe already......lol:rofl:
Well that's very unprofessional of them, were they able to prove why it gone soft?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi there ,
This is the first time I post thread.......:)
Hope to gain some information from all car enthusiasts here/ senior
I knew a turbo kit is about 2500.
Then Including other necessary changes .....
My question is, what about the JPJ part ?????
Sure can isit , if i want to bold on turbo kit ?? Or any other problem ???

If I have the choice, MIVEC 1.6 better or Turbo KIt ??????

Please inform me every sifus and seniors. THANKS :)
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience