How to remove burnt oil stains on SS exhaust extractor

Looks like the oil stains all all gone. No problem now.

I was actually quite happy with the improvements gained by just changing this extractor. Made quite some difference.

Attachments

• DSC03026.jpg
    DSC03026.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 125
Hope the surface of the extractor won't change colour or turn into dull looking surface after sometime. Currently it is still shiny. More importantly, as long as it doesn't rust.

Looks like the oil stains all all gone. No problem now.

I was actually quite happy with the improvements gained by just changing this extractor. Made quite some difference.

It looks like mild steel. My piping oso that color. :driver:

What are the differences between mild steel and white steel?

Yeah. Now I only need top clean those engine oil remains and dirt on the exposed radiator piping under the extractor. Those are from old leaks long ago.

Should be mild steel. I was wondering what is white steel. Google and they are used to make knives.....lol:rofl:

If rusted, throw away and install back stock one. :biggrin:

If u always check your engine bay and clean it, i think it'll last. the part that is neglected the most is the undercarriage area. the exhaust piping there is very hard to reach to clean it. even if send to car detailing, they don't do the undercarriage. need to go lorry wash shop. :smokin:

If u always check your engine bay and clean it, i think it'll last. the part that is neglected the most is the undercarriage area. the exhaust piping there is very hard to reach to clean it. even if send to car detailing, they don't do the undercarriage. need to go lorry wash shop. :smokin:

Send to autodetailer they will do for you, but price different lah......lol:rofl:

If rust will already have rust spot. Iron rust easily like brake disc. After wash or after rain already rust. so mild steel is better in this respect. If want, stainless steel won't rust.....lol:rofl:
SS can rust a bit. And crack. :burnout:
Send to autodetailer they will do for you, but price different lah......lol:rofl:

Oh damn. Extra charge.

Aluminised mild steel right? got grades for it oso. Stainless steel cost more and prone to cracks.
Yup, my wira had a HotBit's header. Crack here and there. After patching, it cracks at another area. In the end, changed to a new aluminised header. Looks very much like RENESIS's pic

I clean my engine bay quite often like every week. Should be okay except for the undercarriage part.

If rust will already have rust spot. Iron rust easily like brake disc. After wash or after rain already rust. so mild steel is better in this respect. If want, stainless steel won't rust.....lol:rofl:

Maybe change to stainless steel few years later.

https://www.yourmechanic.com/article/what-metal-is-the-exhaust-system-made-from

I think the 'white steel' they refer to is Aluminised Steel

On my old proton saga, these type of extractors lasted for a long time.

Thank you for the information. :biggrin:

Yup, my wira had a HotBit's header. Crack here and there. After patching, it cracks at another area. In the end, changed to a new aluminised header.

Damn. Was thinking of getting custom SS headers for my car. Just gonna stick with stock mivec cast iron headers then.

Here's a pic of the header I replaced recently. Since my car doesn't have a 02 sensor, they welded the port shut.

attachment.php

Paid 250 for it. How much did it cost you, RENESIS?

The Hotbit's unit was 1-piece. Had difficulty removing it. I asked them to cut it into 2. This is also to prevent the old header from being re-patched and later re-sold.

Attachments

• 20170305_155439.jpg
    20170305_155439.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 423
Damn. Was thinking of getting custom SS headers for my car. Just gonna stick with stock mivec cast iron headers then.

Does Mivec share the same holes as a wira 1.8? If so, I still have the original header. Look me up and you can have it for free.

Does Mivec share the same holes as a wira 1.8? If so, I still have the original header. Look me up and you can have it for free.

I'm using the stock mivec cast iron on my 93 sohc. haha. it's much more better than the stock 93 headers in terms of flow etc. Wanted to get the custom mivec style SS headers but not now laa i think.

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom