Kancil 850 change engine to l2s or l6?

nurashidnm

Hi All,
I have this Kancil 850 car. It is kind of under powered. I have been reading on changing the system/engine.

I need to know, which engine is ok - performance wise and maintenance wise. Is it l6 turbo or l2s?

Thank you in advance all.

Rashid

go for L2s....easy maintenance because sharing many parts with stock 660 kancil engine....

stock good condition engine power atleast should be able to keep up with old standard 1.6 engine...

go for L2s....easy maintenance because sharing many parts with stock 660 kancil engine....

stock good condition engine power atleast should be able to keep up with old standard 1.6 engine...

up to 120kmh only...beyond that....

agreed with u on the maintenance.
seems like price for engine is quite cheap.

120km/hour for mousedeer size car........just be careful there...

avoid l6, u will have headache in the future searching for parts.
I suggest go for l2s (injection), l2 is carburetor.

thanks danz for the info.
i was about to mention abt my friend turbo kancil but dunno which l2 is he using.
it was l2s then because his was injection.

i must admit its a bit scary during acceleration.

to identify that its l2s, there is a small box with "dynosis" wording on it,
if not mistaken its located on the left side of the engine.

up to 120kmh only...beyond that....

agreed with u on the maintenance.
seems like price for engine is quite cheap.

beyond that...depend on what kind of ball the driver have... :rofl:

my friend kena one time while on his way to johor on plus highway...maintain side by side with kancil while at 180km/h...he was driving saga blm at that time....

want a peace of mind and a bit of oomph for your kancil?

forget turbo, and get a 1000cc engine fromstoria or duet (same as kelisa/kenari)

with its longer ratio gearbox, 180kmh is possible if you are bonkers enuff

want a peace of mind and a bit of oomph for your kancil?

forget turbo, and get a 1000cc engine fromstoria or duet (same as kelisa/kenari)

with its longer ratio gearbox, 180kmh is possible if you are bonkers enuff

Will parts be hard to source bro? If the 1L engine better than stock Kelisa engine, I think next time can consider :rofl:

But a lot say putting a Myvi K3VE in a kelisa, the front will become heavy. Is it true or need to do something for the extra weight? Guessing the front tyres will worn out faster then.

Will parts be hard to source bro? If the 1L engine better than stock Kelisa engine, I think next time can consider :rofl:

But a lot say putting a Myvi K3VE in a kelisa, the front will become heavy. Is it true or need to do something for the extra weight? Guessing the front tyres will worn out faster then.

Parts are the same with Kelisa/Kenari... just that the ECU tuned a bit different, lots of otais mentioned ecu for malaysian ej series tuned a bit too safe

I got friends who put in K3 in kelisa/kenari... their main USP is that the engine + crossmembers bolted right back in.. yes it is nose heavy, but they say can use myvi/sirion/yrv front suspensions to cope

but then, all daihatsu/perodua's are nose heavy.. you can see in rally, you can see how hilariously the nose are diving during jumps :rofl:

Parts are the same with Kelisa/Kenari... just that the ECU tuned a bit different, lots of otais mentioned ecu for malaysian ej series tuned a bit too safe

I got friends who put in K3 in kelisa/kenari... their main USP is that the engine + crossmembers bolted right back in.. yes it is nose heavy, but they say can use myvi/sirion/yrv front suspensions to cope

but then, all daihatsu/perodua's are nose heavy.. you can see in rally, you can see how hilariously the nose are diving during jumps :rofl:

If that's the case, can bring kelisa to tune the ECU then? Or just replace with Storia's ECU?
Ya, usually that's the case.

btw...if owner didnt want bother much with inspection if doing engine transplant,

i would say buy the l2s complete running engine, then swap everything from l2s except the engine block...

so you got 850cc hybrid turbo engine....BUT...need proper tune and thicker head gasket to lower down the compression....and cant boost too much....

one more reason why i recommend jap ones over our own kelisa's.. jap's ones tend to be lower mileage than our own

True, but the OEM engine still running strong to consider a transplant for Storia's. Kena poisoined again :rofl:

running on 14" 5JJ 165/55 front 165/60 rear, D2 spring & stock kayaba absorber on non-power steering, still stable on not too curved or not to long curved stretch, haven't got the chance (@ maybe never will coz runnin stock 660) to reach 140km/h to test it out.:banghead:

running on 14" 5JJ 165/55 front 165/60 rear, D2 spring & stock kayaba absorber on non-power steering, still stable on not too curved or not to long curved stretch, haven't got the chance (@ maybe never will coz runnin stock 660) to reach 140km/h to test it out.:banghead:

turbo already then use 175/50R15 dy......:driver:

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom