Atr turbo stock camshaft using adj cam pulley

yung

2,000 RPM
Want to ask who using adjustable cam pulley with stock can
And how many deg is set intake and ext

When I upgraded my cams to Evo 6 ones, I was being told by our expert Airtrek mechanic (Ah Wah from Kinrara Puchong) that using cam-pulley on stock Airtrek cam will not help. The degrees and lift is not high enough to benefit the advantage from the pulley. If you're on Evo cams, then yes. The degrees for evo-cam is 260 for inlet and 256 for exhaust.

When I upgraded my cams to Evo 6 ones, I was being told by our expert Airtrek mechanic (Ah Wah from Kinrara Puchong) that using cam-pulley on stock Airtrek cam will not help. The degrees and lift is not high enough to benefit the advantage from the pulley. If you're on Evo cams, then yes. The degrees for evo-cam is 260 for inlet and 256 for exhaust.

good info... what are the duration and lift for stock airtrek cams?

I can only find cam degrees for Evo ones. No info on Airtrek cams. The chart below which I found.

attachment.php

whatis the best adj cam pulley atr suggestion???
huhuhuhuuhhh....

Thanx

Works is pretty good if you think that HKS is expensive. Don't get those imitation ones.

there r tonnes of adj pulley out there,arospeed,hks,works+++

If i don't have the the stock evo 6 spring can i use evo 3 spring instead?

Last edited:
Yes. Bro 4gbanger can advise. He has Evo 8 cam + Evo 3 springs. Ah Wah said they are the same (springs)

Is there anyway to tell if evo 8 cams a genuine? Like number written on cams? Also is springs (evo or after market) recommended up evo 8 cam upgrade on airtrek, thanks

Is there anyway to tell if evo 8 cams a genuine? Like number written on cams? Also is springs (evo or after market) recommended up evo 8 cam upgrade on airtrek, thanks

i did some research about evo 8 cams.. there's not much of difference. only some minor different on the shaft itself. but alot of different on power output.. i'll sure put a smile on ur face.. check out the pic i post on other thread in this forum..:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 04:25 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:23 PM ----------

u can use camshaft from evo 6 to evo 8 as written on stutz's attachment up there.. but u can use valve spring from evo 3 till evo 9 no problem.. better get one before install the camshaft. if not u'll be paying ur mechanic 2 times.. :biggrin:

---------- Post added at 04:27 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:25 PM ----------

whatis the best adj cam pulley atr suggestion???
huhuhuhuuhhh....

Thanx

i think better buy the works campulley.. slightly cost than imitation but alot cheaper than japanese aftermarket..

---------- Post added at 04:30 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:27 PM ----------

I can only find cam degrees for Evo ones. No info on Airtrek cams. The chart below which I found.

attachment.php

seems like our stock cam spec is wayyyyy lower than evo's.. so i think its around 240~248 deg the most.. changing to evo cam will increase power alot than u think.. rite stutz?:biggrin:

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom