Zenden Alloy Strut Bar For Alot Of Car

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chassis and Wheels

Zenden Alloy Strut Bar For Alot Of Car

kent20

4,000 RPM
Feb 18, 2005
Originally posted by kent20+Mar 24 2005, 11:11 --><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(kent20 @ Mar 24 2005, 11:11 )</div><div class='quotemain'>CUSTOMER FEEDBACK PART 4

Originally posted by netken@Mar 27 2005, 20:04
to be honest kent, i was a bit worried that it won't give any effect, but believe me,
on a bigger butt car like the waja, both the front and rear strut does make a difference!

now i can corner strongly with the rear more controlled* than before, definitely a change, as for the front, the turning point is more solid now.. cheerio!* :)

[snapback]844939[/snapback]​

Originally posted by alex_wky@Mar 28 2005, 19:22
giving my good friend a nice bump :)

anyway, i bought this bar a long time ago. so sorry for the late report kent :P

part performance
===========
well, there IS a big difference in handling performance. the car feels less 'terbuang' during corners. BUT it's only at moderate speed (moderate in my term is 60-100) any faster during corner, the car still feels terbuang but not that bad compared without it. U-turns can be done faster with slight tilt and i can be more reckless during corners. since this is my first performance mod, overall handling still needs a little getting used to.

note, there's a side effect though. since the stabilizer bar actually strengthens the chasis at the front of the car, vibration will be VERY obvious. previously i can speed to 130km/h before the steering start vibrating violently, now with the bar, 120km/h on straight road feels like violnet vibration speeding at 140km/h (yup, i actually went to 140km/h last year when everything was still stock)
i got the wheels balanced and slightly deflate the tires (to recomended levels) and the vibrations are gone.

installation/workmanship
================
Kent is a great guy. very punctual and the goods came in wrapped and scratchless. once i pop the hood, he gets straight into business. though RM115 paid for bar plus installation, it wuldn't hurt to give him a hand. thanks to the clutered engine bay, kent and i had to remove the power stering container because the tubes connecting from it is too rigid to move about and it's in the way of the anchor for the stabilizer bar. He's very profesional in his job and really ikat kuat kuat.

[snapback]847971[/snapback]​

Originally posted by licia@Mar 27 2005, 08:59 PM
I never thought of a bar like this can dramatically improve the handling on my Vios! After got it installed by Kent20, my friend and I purposely drive the car from KL-KLIA-KL-Klang for yesterday and today just to fully test the result after installation!

Cornering was bad for a higher car like Vios, I still couldn't believe adding a bar like this allow me to corner without having to worry or feel the car is going to turn turtle! Wonderful piece of product!

This morning I have purposely thoroughly clean my engine compartment, got a few cuts on my finger/hand, just to get some nice pictures of how the bar will looks like in a Vios. This is to thanks Kent20 for coming all the way from Kepong, paying for the parking, turning and turning up to level 5 of The Mall parking just to install the bar for me.

Excellent job Kent20! He also always make sure all the nuts are tighten back with all his energy!

Last word, I think Toyota must factory-fitted this stabilizer bar for all their Vios! Normal/slow speed cornering for stock-Vios is bad without it, not to mention high speed.

Enough for the praises. I have to talk about some drawbacks otherwise you will think Kent20 paid me for all these praises! Now my steering wheel feel slightly (very very slight) less responsive than before, perhaps due to the firmer chasis after installed the stabilizer bar. Driving at high speed (130km/h++) over uneven road also causes some very very minor stability problem due to the front being more rigid now. However, for the MUCH improved handling, it is so worth it!

Answer:
from kent:
the steering less reponsive in hightspeed actualy is the Pros of the stability :),coz it could make it more stabile for hight speed turning,i thinking some of the expart of car driver,they will undertsand less reponsive on hight speed will less the chances of "Buang" <-(means like not easy to move the car to other line),don't worry that,it is a good improvement too..starring very very slight <--this also a pro,coz u no need to spend so many energy to turn on corner,however the starring is slightly,but it wont move much* when u turning on corner,because the the steering less reponsive on hight speed,if the steering is too sansitive would be very dangerouse
so no need to wory aboout that...actualy that all is the pros..

Go get it guys! Get it NOW! I am little regret for missing something SO good for SO LONG - after reading so many PAGES of this thread only I decided to install. Should have got it earlier.

[Pics will be posted tomorrow in office as I am having upload speed problem with my Streamyx]

[snapback]3469068[/snapback]​

Originally posted by lancer_ajai2@Mar 30 2005, 09:32
Hi, juz wanna drop a few words here. I guess what i'm gonna say had already been said by others. Kent is really a nice guy (w/out sounding gayish), very responsible. I ordered a complete set of struts for Wira from him. Since i live in Kuching, i'd be a bit expensive in terms of sending those struts over. So 1 day ngam-ngam my parents went to KL. So i msg Kent, banked in the money and he PROMPLTLY send those items to my parents at the hotel. Those struts are wrapped very nicely etc. I opend the package and the 1st thing i can think of is that the struts dun dissapoint. Very good quality for the mere price i'm paying. Also very sturdy but very light. THe welding poinst are also neatly done. I havent installed them yet but even from looking at the struts already made me feel that my money are well spent. Later on after installing the struts i'll post the pics.

[snapback]852984[/snapback]​

[snapback]836293[/snapback]​

[/b]

Originally posted by llk@Apr 2 2005, 08:33 PM

Originally posted by howlingblues@Apr 3 2005, 21:41
Originally posted by kent20@Apr 3 2005, 13:15
thanks mr lam.....from damansara perdana

[snapback]863909[/snapback]​

u're welcome man... :D

i'm beginning to enjoy corners with more confident, and the effects after installing the bar is kinda obvious.

oh well, perhaps this bar is the only interesting 'performance' part under the hood, Kent, agree?

it looks cool in it kinda 'facelift' the boring engine compartment and its not any cheap-plug bar, its a high quality bar!

now, i REALLY need to change all four shocks to get the most of it... :blink:

I like it.

:lol: :) :P B)

[snapback]864797[/snapback]​

<!--QuoteBegin-navin007@Apr 4 2005, 08:35
I was previously using a cheaper zanden look alike stabalizer for my waja. Actually, i didn't really feel much difference in the car handling...

I was in touch with ken, from Zenden recently and got new stabalizer bars intstalled...to my amazement, this time around, i really could feel the difference..i travel a lot, from Ulu Kelang to cyber...and also outstation..seriously, i'm quite satisfied with the handling of my car now...better grip and good handling while connering..

Check it out guys!

[snapback]865642[/snapback]​

Last edited:

howlingblues

Known Member
Aug 10, 2004
pj/ip
howlingblues.multiply.com
yo Kent, thanks for the brief explaination on the strut.

my ride is ae101 seg stock. sometimes I do take faster cornering when there's less car on the road, just to get some kick and some tire squeaking noise!

From there maybe I can see some differences...

Anyway, we have made the arrangement to meet up tomorrow at D'sara Perdana.
Let's see how it goes... :rolleyes:

kent20

4,000 RPM
Feb 18, 2005
see ya tomorrow man~!

chriseunos

Jun 19, 2004
bro, do u have any strut bars for Mazda mx5? If don't have, can customised? THx

kent20

4,000 RPM
Feb 18, 2005
sorry we dont have the bar for mx5....about customs made ,sorry i think our factory can't do it by this time

kent20

4,000 RPM
Feb 18, 2005

howlingblues

Known Member
Aug 10, 2004
pj/ip
howlingblues.multiply.com
Originally posted by kent20@Apr 3 2005, 13:15
[snapback]863909[/snapback]​
u're welcome man... :D

i'm beginning to enjoy corners with more confident, and the effects after installing the bar is kinda obvious.

oh well, perhaps this bar is the only interesting 'performance' part under the hood, Kent, agree?

it looks cool in it kinda 'facelift' the boring engine compartment and its not any cheap-plug bar, its a high quality bar!

now, i REALLY need to change all four shocks to get the most of it... :blink:

I like it.

:lol: :) :P B)

kent20

4,000 RPM
Feb 18, 2005
thanks man

navin007

Mar 14, 2005
I was previously using a cheaper zanden look alike stabalizer for my waja. Actually, i didn't really feel much difference in the car handling...

I was in touch with ken, from Zenden recently and got new stabalizer bars intstalled...to my amazement, this time around, i really could feel the difference..i travel a lot, from Ulu Kelang to cyber...and also outstation..seriously, i'm quite satisfied with the handling of my car now...better grip and good handling while connering..

Check it out guys!

kent20

4,000 RPM
Feb 18, 2005
Originally posted by plasma@Apr 4 2005, 02:50
did my stablelizer bar ready yet ?
[snapback]865417[/snapback]​
may i know which kind of bar you order from me?

kent20

4,000 RPM
Feb 18, 2005
Originally posted by navin007@Apr 4 2005, 08:35

Check it out guys!
[snapback]865642[/snapback]​
thanks man~~hope i enjoy with the stability

kent20

4,000 RPM
Feb 18, 2005
i think that was something wrong on my PMBOX.......
i can't reply PM since this morning
any request pls sms on 0122023765 thank man

Status
Not open for further replies.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi everyone, prasad here.. Can i know whether is it possible for me to use a 4af gearbox on a 4af-e engine?
Thanks...:wavey:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience