Youtube: BMW M3 CSL vs. BMW M5(E60) vs. Lamborghini Gallardo vs. GT-R

reedoor

2,000 RPM
Apr 25, 2005
KL & JB
Visit site
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1NZ59SkBMeY"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1NZ59SkBMeY" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
This is just the weirdest test ever. How did the heaviest car with the worst brakes manage to stay in front of the others for so long? Idioto.

But then if you check the attack times, things are back to normal whereby the M5 is the slowest of the group.

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
I swear the M5 is the most overrated car of all time.

Yes, it is a fantastic 4 door saloon, possibly one of the greatest 4 door cars ever made. But is it the best performance car ever? It'll probably be in the top 40 or something like that, but it can't possibly compare with proper sports cars or other performance cars.

Its awesomeness only really comes when you think; "Damn! This thing has all the practicality of a big executive saloon, but goes like a super car...".

And that's why the M6 is less awesome. Because its got sporty GT aspirations, 2 doors, equally big and fat as the M5, has the same 500bhp V10 as the M5, got slightly better dynamics than the M5, costs 80k pounds (30k more than the M5) and yet it is slower than a 911 Carrera round a track.

infernaL

2,000 RPM
May 22, 2005
N/A

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
infernaL said:
overrated cause a magazine favoured it over the F430 ? and i thought it was the 86 ? lol

btw to compare it to a fairly , i think the 07 E63 AMG is would have a good chance , hope Top Gear does a cover of this next year - related articles from edmunds.com below

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Drives/FirstDrives/articleId=115406
http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Drives/Followup/articleId=117646/pageId=105506
Nah...that mag (the writer at least) was just spastic. Basically, there's too much fawning over the M5, basically because of its performance. But in a pure performance stand point, it is far from being the benchmark. Then there is that badge...

Anyways, yeah the E63 AMG would be a good head to head against the M5. But I suspect the M5 would still be a better drive as Mercs are usually slightly softer and less engaging.

infernaL

2,000 RPM
May 22, 2005
N/A
yeah id agree to that , but its the first time a beemer has 500hp ? IIRC the previous model had 400hp tops .

as for the AMG , im thinking M5 performance or better ( refer to the edmunds link , equal 0-60 with the M5 with less torque thanks to the 7speed transmission lol ) with benz refined ride quality .

reedoor

2,000 RPM
Apr 25, 2005
KL & JB
Visit site
silverfish & infernal,
u guys are cool man... where did u guys got all those infos? must b reading alot lo?!

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
A monthly copy of EVO also helps. Oh, and do the Google dance, that helps too.

reedoor

2,000 RPM
Apr 25, 2005
KL & JB
Visit site
sodesune... hahaha... im more a 'picture' guy... seldom spend my time to read. hmmm... i think i gotta read more liao... thx guys...

skylin3lov3r

500 RPM
Jul 10, 2005
JB
what a battle 2 the last minute n this is the big reason i must buy skyline after that:driver: seriously the M5 damn keng powersliding wo :rock: but nevertheless i m so proud the skyline wins again :party:

Last edited:

alien

2,000 RPM
Apr 21, 2004
kuala lumpur
Visit site
i guess it's the traffic..
there just arent tat many chances to pass tat m5..
on the corners, the m5 practically had the whole track covered..
on the straights, the m3 and the 911 are no match for it..
the m5 started quite a bit front from the other 'fast-on-the-straights' cars, the gtr and the lambo..

i guess tat's y it took some time before the gtr and the lambo managed to squeeze in front of the pack..

and wat's with the bodykit on the larmborghini 'GaiiiDor'? haha..

is it just me or are the drivers aint driving these expensive rides as hard as they drove those subarus and evos?

wuzzles

Known Member
Dec 1, 2003
it's a great "movie" for everyone to watch and get rating up to me... it means practically nothing what the outcome was...

just too many variables.. driver, traffic, starting position, more expensive car sliding big time infront of you (lol)

if everyone was released 20 secs a part.. i think the outcome based on the best time would have been very different... but alas.. it's a race :)

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
The outcome was evident in the individual attack times. The M5 was obviously last.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hey guys....my name is elaine....from sabah.....erm....i just wondering dat....my bro's car....which is de PROTON ISWARA LIMITED EDITION(silver) had a funny noise when de car went in a small hole on de road....it's sounds like a squecking sound...haha....it's like a metal n another metal scratch each other....i think u guys can imagine it...haha...anyone hav any idea how 2 solve dis prob?? hope 2 get ur reply soon!! i''ll tell my bro immediately after i get ur replies....haha....CHEERS...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience