[WTcheck] waja ori headlamp price

nightdrifter

Known Member
Aug 10, 2009
sban
1st of all, sori if there was a duplicate thread on this,
but i did a quick search for 'waja ori headlamp' and none was found
hence i proceed to type in my query as below...

my experience with local and taiwan made waja headlamp is just about to going off. been changing few types of headlamp but none were good, local one always masuk air then bulb blow adi, then taiwan made still looks 'okay' for the outlook but then the output from the headlight is not shining in straight line, which make driving a much much more headache now, with the lamp shining to left n right but not center,

just called eon/proton edar to check out the price for new ORI waja headlamp from PROTON, they quoted RM421.80 (nett price) for each headlamp, not 1 pair. if 1 pair means double up the price, then need to order plus 3 business days to arrive stock. the + point was, 6 months warranty / 10K mileage (whichever comes 1st, pretty SOP as it sounds)

so now, would like your advice from all bro here, is it real that is the price for ORI headlamp? will the lamp still shining everywhere or masuk air again? please advice me or share your experience.

thanks in advance.
nD

Last edited:

yeehau86

Helmet Clan
Feb 10, 2007
Andy / ND, :biggrin:
I guess many people here experience this too, even my previous Wira OEM headlamps will have vapour inside due to there is some hole. So what I did was I use silicone and seal the hole (DIY).
Even after I changed to aftermarket crystal headlamp, this issue still there. So whether it is OEM or aftermarket, it also the same for my case. It depends on your luck, most likely.

Last edited:

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
yeah...get aftermarket ones, projector type, then buy & silicon around the headlamp so that water wont seep inside.
proton edar parts are damn expensive, dont bother asking, unless your car is still under warranty.

nightdrifter

Known Member
Aug 10, 2009
sban
yeah...get aftermarket ones, projector type, then buy & silicon around the headlamp so that water wont seep inside.
proton edar parts are damn expensive, dont bother asking, unless your car is still under warranty.
bro
thanks for replying,
for aftermarket product, the light output okay or not?
confirm shine straight line or not??

yeehau86

Helmet Clan
Feb 10, 2007
bro
thanks for replying,
for aftermarket product, the light output okay or not?
confirm shine straight line or not??
From my personal experience,
OEM - Best output but don't have cosmetic look
Aftermarket - Output not as good as OEM but has cosmetic look.

If aftermarket output is better than OEM, I think all will switch to aftermarket already. :biggrin:
From what I see in my Wira headlamp, the beam spreads not evenly and eventually spreads everywhere. I notice this when I park infront of a wall and turn on my headlights. You will notice the beam is everywhere. This cause a issue called glaring. Plus I was using HID, so everywhere I go, I get high beamed by the opposite traffic.

If you prefer aftermarket headlamps, you can try retrofit your aftermarket headlamp with OEM Xenon projectors.

nightdrifter

Known Member
Aug 10, 2009
sban
From my personal experience,
OEM - Best output but don't have cosmetic look
Aftermarket - Output not as good as OEM but has cosmetic look.

If aftermarket output is better than OEM, I think all will switch to aftermarket already. :biggrin:
From what I see in my Wira headlamp, the beam spreads not evenly and eventually spreads everywhere. I notice this when I park infront of a wall and turn on my headlights. You will notice the beam is everywhere. This cause a issue called glaring. Plus I was using HID, so everywhere I go, I get high beamed by the opposite traffic.

If you prefer aftermarket headlamps, you can try retrofit your aftermarket headlamp with OEM Xenon projectors.
thanks bro for replying,
another query is, is bosch brand headlamps also consider aftermarket?
do u know how's the lighting output?

maybe need more advice from u abt the retrofit thingy,

yeehau86

Helmet Clan
Feb 10, 2007
thanks bro for replying,
another query is, is bosch brand headlamps also consider aftermarket?
do u know how's the lighting output?

maybe need more advice from u abt the retrofit thingy,
My previous OEM headlamp has Bosch wording in it, but I don't think aftermarket has the Bosch wording in it.
Usually Bosch goes to OEM products, rather than aftermarket.

I consulted few lighting kaki, majority advise me to stick with OEM in order to get the best output and safety during night time. They tell me to use what the factory give you. It's not that you can't see the road with aftermarket products, just that they have some weaknesses. First of all the beam is not spread evenly, while the OEM beam pattern is \__ \__

This can be proved if you flash your beam to the wall, I did it with my car and it is this pattern. Secondly there are some blind spots, meaning there are some dark areas which the beam didn't able to reach there. I have some photos to share below. Notice the dark / blind spots especially at the right bottom? This is my Wira aftermarket crystal headlamp with HID 6000K output, was not satisfied with the output actually.

About retrofiting, you just need two things basically: A pair of OEM Xenon Projector and a professional installer. Because the process is not easy, so a knowledged person will make the output better. Not an easy process as you have to bake the headlamp inside a microwave which is up to few hundred degree celcius to remove its casing, drill here drill there, put the projector in the headlamp then seal it back. This is important as it will affect your night time visibility. But there are some saying that retrofiting is against the law, not sure how true is that as you see there are ppl do also.

Last edited:

nightdrifter

Known Member
Aug 10, 2009
sban
My previous OEM headlamp has Bosch wording in it, but I don't think aftermarket has the Bosch wording in it.
Usually Bosch goes to OEM products, rather than aftermarket.

I consulted few lighting kaki, majority advise me to stick with OEM in order to get the best output and safety during night time. They tell me to use what the factory give you. It's not that you can't see the road with aftermarket products, just that they have some weaknesses. First of all the beam is not spread evenly, while the OEM beam pattern is \__ \__

This can be proved if you flash your beam to the wall, I did it with my car and it is this pattern. Secondly there are some blind spots, meaning there are some dark areas which the beam didn't able to reach there. I have some photos to share below. Notice the dark / blind spots especially at the right bottom? This is my Wira aftermarket crystal headlamp with HID 6000K output, was not satisfied with the output actually.

About retrofiting, you just need two things basically: A pair of OEM Xenon Projector and a professional installer. Because the process is not easy, so a knowledged person will make the output better. Not an easy process as you have to bake the headlamp inside a microwave which is up to few hundred degree celcius to remove its casing, drill here drill there, put the projector in the headlamp then seal it back. This is important as it will affect your night time visibility. But there are some saying that retrofiting is against the law, not sure how true is that as you see there are ppl do also.
thanks dude for sharing,
sigh...if like that might have to buy the expensive OEM part adi,
since i'm quite fussy abt the headlamp not up to my liking n light output is not shining to the place it design to... aiks...

i wonder do all car after 6 years+ will have headlamp problem, as mine is the parts inside the whole lamp got loosen / wear n tear, or maybe is only me, perhaps others can share ur experience as well,

thanks.

Last edited:

yeehau86

Helmet Clan
Feb 10, 2007
thanks dude for sharing,
sigh...if like that might have to buy the expensive OEM part adi,
since i'm quite fussy abt the headlamp not up to my liking n light output is not shining to the place it design to... aiks...

i wonder do all car after 7 years+ will have headlamp problem, as mine is the parts inside the whole lamp got loosen / wear n tear, or maybe is only me, perhaps others can share ur experience as well,

thanks.
If you prefer aftermarket headlamp look but wanna get the best output, you can retrofit OEM Xenon projectors. But do note that an aftermarket projector is not same with Xenon projectors. Xenon projectors are those in OEM cars such as BMW, Benz, Estima, Audi, Nissan Murano, etc. which produce better output.

It's normal at your case, the usual issue is the surface turn yellow as majority of the headlamps now are using plastics rather than glass. Same goes to cracks due to stone chips.

nightdrifter

Known Member
Aug 10, 2009
sban
If you prefer aftermarket headlamp look but wanna get the best output, you can retrofit OEM Xenon projectors. But do note that an aftermarket projector is not same with Xenon projectors. Xenon projectors are those in OEM cars such as BMW, Benz, Estima, Audi, Nissan Murano, etc. which produce better output.

It's normal at your case, the usual issue is the surface turn yellow as majority of the headlamps now are using plastics rather than glass. Same goes to cracks due to stone chips.
so bro
where to get the aftermarket lamp and expert for the OEM Xenon projectors?
expensive or not?
can waja can do this or not?

yeehau86

Helmet Clan
Feb 10, 2007
so bro
where to get the aftermarket lamp and expert for the OEM Xenon projectors?
expensive or not?
can waja can do this or not?
any cars can retrofit. Price wise will be:
  1. A pair of aftermarket headlamp (If you plan to buy a new one, RM 3xx to RM 1xxx depending car model)
  2. A Pair of Xenon Projector (Let's say about RM 3xx - 5xx depending which car model it is from)
  3. A set of HID **optional** (RM 2xx - 3xx exclude Philips HID which will cause you RM 14xx - 19xx)
  4. Labour (can't confirm this)

There you go, the estimation. Labour there is the unknown / unpredictable cost. You can try search at Marketplace, there are people selling aftermarket headlamps and do retrofit business. But do take note that if you retrofit, you might void the warranty of your headlamp (if you purchase a new set) since you have to take out the casing and touch the inside component. And the Xenon projectors you purchase are second hand and will not have warranty since it is from halfcut products. But since it is an OEM, less risk of defect rate.

Below is the output from a Xenon Projector, compare with my previous post above you will see the reason why it is called OEM and OEM is better than aftermarket projectors :biggrin:
the beam is equally spread with no blind spots, very nice and clean output.

Nissan Murano Bi-xenon Projector

nightdrifter

Known Member
Aug 10, 2009
sban
any cars can retrofit. Price wise will be:
  1. A pair of aftermarket headlamp (If you plan to buy a new one, RM 3xx to RM 1xxx depending car model)
  2. A Pair of Xenon Projector (Let's say about RM 3xx - 5xx depending which car model it is from)
  3. A set of HID **optional** (RM 2xx - 3xx exclude Philips HID which will cause you RM 14xx - 19xx)
  4. Labour (can't confirm this)

There you go, the estimation. Labour there is the unknown / unpredictable cost. You can try search at Marketplace, there are people selling aftermarket headlamps and do retrofit business. But do take note that if you retrofit, you might void the warranty of your headlamp (if you purchase a new set) since you have to take out the casing and touch the inside component. And the Xenon projectors you purchase are second hand and will not have warranty since it is from halfcut products. But since it is an OEM, less risk of defect rate.

Below is the output from a Xenon Projector, compare with my previous post above you will see the reason why it is called OEM and OEM is better than aftermarket projectors :biggrin:
the beam is equally spread with no blind spots, very nice and clean output.

Nissan Murano Bi-xenon Projector

thanks dude
this would be very nice to have, but not mandatory to own it,
will need a huge lumpsum and not sure even with the expert hand services for the retrofit of the OEM Xenon projectors, will it last permanently.. (should be depend on luck rite)

hmmm...need to research and do more survey 1st..

Last edited:

yeehau86

Helmet Clan
Feb 10, 2007
thanks dude
this would be very nice to have, but not mandatory to own it,
will have to a huge lumpsum also and not sure even with the expert hand services for the retrofit of the OEM Xenon projectors, will it last permanently.. (should be depend on luck rite)

hmmm...need to research and do more survey 1st..
OEM projectors normally no issue one, as those cars still using it at the street.

yeehau86

Helmet Clan
Feb 10, 2007
as for the Wira, it is at my housing area in Seremban.
as for the Nissan Murano, it is from another guy in KL. But I not sure the location because I don't own a Nissan Murano :biggrin:

yeehau86

Helmet Clan
Feb 10, 2007
thanks dude
OEM projectors sure shouldn't be an issue la,
it just maybe really need a surgeon hand to fix it into the lamp area
yeah, the most important thing is to get a professional installer.

yeehau86

Helmet Clan
Feb 10, 2007
bro
so u have listed down which vendor u r goin to retrofit the projectors?
I don't have a list that long, just few people that I have consulted for advise. Not sure want to retrofit or not yet.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Thanks buddy for all yr cheers along the way
Looking forward to see I at our hives

The Volkswagen Scirocco R is here, the third R car introduced by Volkswagen*

Another R

Mr S has been doing lots of research on line for protecting his new car!!! so much so he google....US (aka Detailien)...which the only permanent coating

we agreed 2 months ago to detail and coat hi...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience