[WTA] newbie looking for low budget amp up to RM 400

gocad

Apr 12, 2006
:regular_smile:
Dear All,

I am newbie in this area and need your assistance for the followings:
just installed new basic HU and component system last sunday in my ISWARA LMST and found out that the bass produced is not really to my satisfaction (too mild/weak).

The set up are as follows:

- HU: SONY GT250 CD/MP3 (4x50w)
- Front: MB Quart DSD 216 comp. set
- Rear : Standard Proton speaker (Not sure maybe 4" and 2 ways)

The main purpose of the installation is for listening radio and MP3 at volume level that still sufficient for conversation (so not too loud).

I wish to have a system that can produced well defined sound in all range (low mid high) at middle to low volume level.

So guys could you please advice whether low budget amp can help the system to produce better sound.

And please also suggest which brand should i considere for the choice (within the above budget).

Many thanks in advance for your advise.

Gocad

gocad

Apr 12, 2006
Hi Kippo thx for the reply,

You meant i should not go for "Ayam Brand" and there is no "branded amp" within this budget, right ?

When i was at the shop the guy who installed my system recommended me to install an amp additionally. When i asked him about the price, he said around 300+.

In that shop i saw many amps, and the price was starting from below RM100.
That's why i thought that RM 400 was a reasonable budget.

Can anyone raffly say which budget should i consider fo getting reasonable amp and which type of amp should should i choose?

THX

AUT15

Known Member
May 27, 2005
CyberJaya
gocad said:
Hi Kippo thx for the reply,

You meant i should not go for "Ayam Brand" and there is no "branded amp" within this budget, right ?

When i was at the shop the guy who installed my system recommended me to install an amp additionally. When i asked him about the price, he said around 300+.

In that shop i saw many amps, and the price was starting from below RM100.
That's why i thought that RM 400 was a reasonable budget.

Can anyone raffly say which budget should i consider fo getting reasonable amp and which type of amp should should i choose?

THX
you may use chicken brand but the most important is whether it can hold the heat or not...meaning is easy to burned...im also newbies, after been advised from my friends & assoc shop they ask me to look at brand one..
Rm400 yes you can get brand one but 2nd hand lorr...my 2 cents :_:

Kippo

Known Member
Mar 5, 2005
AUT,
not worth getting low end amp even if it can tahan the heat. If u do RM/watt comparison, the low end amp may not look cheap as well since almost all of their power rating are over rated.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Today we have quite a special customer that drove all the way to leave the car with us for an entire day. This Mazda2 is barely 6 months old but already met so much abuse that its crying for a full makeover.

Have you ever expected that the underside of the front bonnet is glossier, shinier and more wet look...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience