[WTA] Cheap Headunit

VoonZ

Feb 20, 2006
Hi i'm intrested to get a HU that can directly play my ipod so ,
AUX input is a must
mp3 (id3 tag preferable)
caseette is optional

i heard that sony and pioneer has all the cheapest branded hu, cana nyoen recomend me a HU to get? my budget is ard 200-300 (RM) thanks

kyheng

1,000 RPM
May 20, 2005
seremban
VoonZ said:
Hi i'm intrested to get a HU that can directly play my ipod so ,
AUX input is a must
mp3 (id3 tag preferable)
caseette is optional

i heard that sony and pioneer has all the cheapest branded hu, cana nyoen recomend me a HU to get? my budget is ard 200-300 (RM) thanks
Play Ipod direct? So far if notmistaken only Alpine can and the price is atleast 5X from your budget. Sorry bro, not to flame you, but this is the fact.
Pioneer HU you can get it at rm300, that's only for CD, no mp3 or Ipod connection. Anyway why you still need Ipod when the HU can play mp3?

VoonZ

Feb 20, 2006
u sure it's 5x from my budget ? >_> i just need the AUX input, for the ipod iwill buy another cable to plug into the auxilary input and play it.:confused_smile:
i want the hu just for my ipod to play the mp3 function is just there incase my ipod is not with me

bryan90s

500 RPM
Nov 24, 2003
Visit site
i am using using a panasonic HU with AUX. bought 1-2 years ago around rm1k+.

but nvr tried b4 with Ipod

VoonZ

Feb 20, 2006
1k... that's too much for me already
i only want a cheap one which is ard 300+

DarkAccoon

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
yo kid,

here is my suggestion 1:
get a pioneer HU of the cheapest, then get a pre-amp (here u can connect almost anything)

suggestion 2:
go to Brother's and get the HU u want with the spec u want (still i doubt this will meet ur budget)

to be honest, your budget is VERY low

VoonZ

Feb 20, 2006

Zenn

2,000 RPM
Jul 12, 2005
KL
so now your budget has gone up to 400 u will have more choice, just go to several shops and see which units have aux input. that sony is ok lah i guess...

DarkAccoon

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
yo kid.... voonz

sorry if i had offended u, i always call ppl kid or uncle or aunty
=P
peace man, make love not war

since ur budget has up to RM 400 and u can get staff price, then there are a whole lot more choices for u

but from what i heard, sony explode HU isn't really .....well dunno lar
just that i heard the sound that it produce is kinda fake after all the processing that its gone thru

VoonZ

Feb 20, 2006
lol it's alright =)
i think i gotta raise my budget to 400 if not i have to go to brothers >_>
those accesories shop tend to chop their customers one. maybe i should go to eneos at 1u to have a look, i heard that their prices are quite ok. =)

kyheng

1,000 RPM
May 20, 2005
seremban
Is it CDX-GT250S you are refering? Anyway 1 thing that hold me back from buying Sony HU is it cannot last long. My history is mine cannot read CDs after 1 year and 1 week, just after the 1 year warranty finish...

Zenn

2,000 RPM
Jul 12, 2005
KL
im using a sony which was bought 5 yrs ago, still use it everyday, no problems so far.....

oldskolboyz

500 RPM
Sep 2, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
We need to admit that Sony, Kenwood, Pioneer & Panasonic ... not the major player in ICE... mostly this Company/Brand concentrate on Home Appliances so if product from them not siutable or good... we can not said anything... main issue here is.... they not the major player in ICE.... As I know only afew company make big investment in research & development on ICE... Alpine, Eclipse & Nakamichi
The problem to Alpine is ... after moving to China, all HU product don't have 4V output anymore.. Eclipse (Korea) still maintain the non-detachable face plate .. less security... Nakamichi in our country... very poor & bad after sales & services...

kyheng

1,000 RPM
May 20, 2005
seremban
oldskolboyz said:
We need to admit that Sony, Kenwood, Pioneer & Panasonic ... not the major player in ICE... mostly this Company/Brand concentrate on Home Appliances so if product from them not siutable or good... we can not said anything... main issue here is.... they not the major player in ICE.... As I know only afew company make big investment in research & development on ICE... Alpine, Eclipse & Nakamichi
The problem to Alpine is ... after moving to China, all HU product don't have 4V output anymore.. Eclipse (Korea) still maintain the non-detachable face plate .. less security... Nakamichi in our country... very poor & bad after sales & services...

I think in this world only you will admit like this, maybe this few companies has alot of product to sell. But this does not mean they don't do R&D. They do, atleast they know that got alot of poor people in this world where Alpine, Eclipse and Nakamichi don't know. So they can come out HUs with all the features at affordable price not like the other 3 skyhigh price when want mp3 and 2 or 3 pre-out.
Like your comment on Alpine after moving China. HU cannot give 4V but is the price comes down? No, it become more expensive. See for some people how they want to buy?(made in China, but price is US product price)
Anyway in US, Pioneer Premier series is rated 1 of the best HU besides RF, Alpine and others. Only Sony, Kenwood not included in the list. The list I have to find it first.

VoonZ

Feb 20, 2006
heya
i just got myself a sony CDX150S for 400 =)
attached my ipod and played it overall the sound quality is ok but the bass is abit low compared to the default clarion player but hey what else can i ask for from a player that cheap =D

Zenn

2,000 RPM
Jul 12, 2005
KL
only 9965, 9855, 9835, 9833 got 4v, the rest are 2v

oldskolboyz

500 RPM
Sep 2, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
kyheng, I agree with you..... but the way you do comparison for it's not right... coz you are comparing US domestic market VS Malaysia domestic market... What I said before is based on our own market... did't go to far (overseas)... Alpine price did not go down coz they introduce new tech in ICe which did not provided by others player.... but I still disappointed coz at the same time they sacrifice 4V output..

kyheng

1,000 RPM
May 20, 2005
seremban
The comparison I do is not base on market penetration, is the quality of the HU, if base on local penetration also, Alpine should be not on the no1 most of the HUs sold. As the price is not for beginner or people that have alot of budget to spend to. Like our thread starter, he only want budget of rm400 and me depends on situation.
Anyway they just want maximum profit return with minimum cost and R&D, so they will try to sacrifice 4V output to 2V or 2.2V. Anyway the 2V diff does not make much diff to amp, only 4V the amp gain can set lower, thus reduce noise or airplane sound, but if we do the amp grounding proerly it should be not much problem. If just because of 2V extra I have pay extra few hundred I don't think it is a wise way. Unless not going to add amp, then can think of Alpine. If adding amp, have to think what amp going to be used. If using cheap range then is no point already as HU output great but amp output to speaker no good also wasted. Just my opinion.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi all,
my car giving me loads and loads of prob lately, it's a a satria 1.3. engine and its like soo underpowered, abit leaking, handling damn out ,my 4 damper alredy k.o, basically its like damn bad cond, if sell also i get shit for its price..yesterday my engine like giving me this creepy feeling when i drive untill a certain speed the front part of my car is like bouncy, kinda like when u are driving with a benggkok rim...but its not bengkok, so i tot it maybe the engine la...maybe...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience