wireless router set up

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search
May 4, 2007
anyone expert in this forum with wireless router ??? share ur expertise here such how to configure router....how to secure the line ?? how to control user ??? what brand of router recemnded ??? any software to control user ??? etc

zephyr3d

3,000 RPM
Apr 29, 2005
near steven's
how to configure will depend on the brand/model you purchase... but best practice, have them encrypted, with mac address restriction.

the wireless router/AP has a built-in software that allows you to do all of your questions...

set a budget first, then see what brand/model falls within that budget ... then u decide fr there...

`don

May 4, 2007
tQ Zephyr3d.....anyone know how to configure mac address and how it work ..... any software to make us easier to control workstation ......... tq

zephyr3d

3,000 RPM
Apr 29, 2005
near steven's
tQ Zephyr3d.....anyone know how to configure mac address and how it work ..... any software to make us easier to control workstation ......... tq
don.. the built in wireless router has that software to control wireless user by appending the mac address in their allow/deny table. Depending on how u set.

You can specify that the list of MAC address in the table are only ALLOWED.. or DISALLOWED to use the wireless router.

zephyr3d

3,000 RPM
Apr 29, 2005
near steven's
can u teach me how to setup wireless device? did we need to login our streamyx account? how?
if u're installing a wireless router with adsl modem, yes you need to set the streamyx acc and DNS ip.

streamyx adsl protocol will the PPPoE. Select that, and it will ask u to fill in the username and password.

sakuraguy

5,000 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Sendai, JAPAN.
www.zerotohundred.com
Wireless router has built-in encryption technology which u can secure connection which cannot be accessed outside of ure control called WEP.

Only users having the WEP key can use ure wireless connection and the rest whom doesnt know only can see u while, of course they cant see ure shared files n use ure internet connection.

Simple .. ask the technician where u will buy to teach u of ure not IT savvy .. or Perodua Savvy :P

Cheers!

cik_yat

Known Member
Aug 31, 2006
Miami
wandianagarageinc.blogspot.com
i still fail to setup my wireless device.. since now, i need to manual log in my streamyx account everytime want to surf.. what i know, my modem was not setup which need to use 192.168.1.1 or whatever on browser.. my modem is supply by telekom which is billion bison 5112c.. anybody can help?

cik_yat

Known Member
Aug 31, 2006
Miami
wandianagarageinc.blogspot.com
ok.. i already setup my modem+router which come from tmnet.. rite now i want to setup my wireless device.. the PPPOE i already setup at tmnet modem+router.. how bout wireless device? there are 3 choice: PPPOE or dynamic IP or static IP... if i use PPPOE, thats mean need to fill again the login username n password..

i try to use dynamic IP but the trafic was mulfunction... my laptop can detect and connect the wireless device, but i cannot suft anything...anybody know?

Last edited:

zephyr3d

3,000 RPM
Apr 29, 2005
near steven's
As long as u setup the modem+router part .. and test ok already...

then the wireless, go for dynamic IP...that would mean your laptop will be issued IP by the wireless AP.

by the way, what do u mean by "malfunction"?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Wheel to wheel racing is what makes any race interesting, and there's no better stage for a showdown than a one make race in classic cars minus electronic aid. Here's a really cool video from the 1993 Porsche Carrera Cup Final in Hockenheim. Race drivers Uwe Alzen in the blue car and Altfrid Hager in the white are both duking it out in their 964 Carrera Cup cars. It's not only the racing...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience