• Thread starter john
  • Start date
  • Replies 9
  • Views 4K
  • See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search
J

john

i am looking at doing top overhaul for my wira 1.8 sohc. since i'll be opening up the head, i am exploring the options of converting them to DOHC. so my question is:

1) what do i need to convert from SOHC to DOHC?
2) Do i need to rewire? change ECU?
3) Any side effect?
4) Is this practise recomended?
5) how much money should i prepare?

Thanks in advance guys!

John

Alban Raymond de Souza

Jun 13, 2005
Selangor
1.8 SOHC to DOHC

There is 2 ways of doing this.

The cheaper way is to just buy a 4G92/3 DOHC head and a bigger distributor from the older 4G63 variant for the ignition. 4G93 head is roughly RM500~800. For this, u need not change the wiring and could still retain the original computer
box. You have to remove the rev limiter to obtain max power output and to bring the rev up higher. The disadvantage of this method is that u might over rev the engine.

Another way of doing this is by getting the same DOHC head complete with the ECI distributor, wiring and computer box which would cost u roughly RM2K for the whole works.

chiku

Known Member
Dec 18, 2004
Visit site
if wanna more powerful... try to install MIVEC head la bro... oni cost u roughly RM2+++... just give a call my foremen... zaki 0176917136

Alban Raymond de Souza

Jun 13, 2005
Selangor
Yeap, I believe more and more cars in the klang valley are running with MIVEC in them. That is why the std DOHC head are less prefered these days. Eventually bringing down it's value in the market.

However, beware of the fuel consumption for the MIVEC yaa.. it's a bit or more higher. But again, if u r looking for power, that would be a fair price to pay. :rolleyes:

chiku

Known Member
Dec 18, 2004
Visit site
Alban Raymond de Souza said:
Yeap, I believe more and more cars in the klang valley are running with MIVEC in them. That is why the std DOHC head are less prefered these days. Eventually bringing down it's value in the market.

However, beware of the fuel consumption for the MIVEC yaa.. it's a bit or more higher. But again, if u r looking for power, that would be a fair price to pay. :rolleyes:
yeah.. thats true bro.... nice price for nice power...:cool:

mrashidi

Known Member
Mar 14, 2005
shah alam
Bro experts here,
I have 4G93P wira 1.8(auto), If I replace the 4G93 SOHC to Mivec head and remain using auto g/b, How about the performance ya.??? much more better or just increase a little bit ?

chiku

Known Member
Dec 18, 2004
Visit site
i'not sure bout auto... but for manual u can feel the different before and after u done the head conversion... and the important thing is... the tunning for mivec timing and ur ecu oso... good tunning will lead u to good performance....

reddice

1,000 RPM
Jul 16, 2004
Tochigi Japan
japan.com
jeheyr said:
can we use the stnd 4g93 ecu?
is it possibble?
and if we change to mivec head (for 4g92 sohc)

1 : Can the gear box accept the power?or have to change?
2 : can the standard ECU stand the power?
3 : wiring?using mivec wiring complete set?

chiku

Known Member
Dec 18, 2004
Visit site
reddice said:
and if we change to mivec head (for 4g92 sohc)

1 : Can the gear box accept the power?or have to change?
2 : can the standard ECU stand the power?
3 : wiring?using mivec wiring complete set?
mine, 4g92 sohc convert to 4g92 MIVEC head... using same wiring but the ECU oledi upgrade n fine tune with SAFC2.... u oso can use SAFC1 to cut the budget... so far no problem with my gear box... u must make sure gear box oil in good condition la...

it will cost u RM 2+++ including installation+MIVEC head+upgarding ECU... SAFC2 is not including... must top up RM1+++

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi Sifus,

My car bonnet was slightly dented from fallen object while parked under a tree :banghead:

I would like to know if there is any shop in KL or Ampang that can repair it without having to re-paint?

Thanks a lot
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience