Windscreen masuk air...

Keng

Known Member
Nov 14, 2003
Visit site
CAn help me ar guys...i went 2 dis windscreen repair shop & dey told me i need 2 re-gam da glue of my front windscreen coz da glues r old adee....

dey need 2 silinder of da glue & it'll cost me more than RM100 ....tot wan 2 save dis money & do it myself....can i DIY?

netmatrix

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
P Jaya:Malaysia
kh_tan.tripod.com
You can buy the glue. Th best one is probably SIKAFLEX. Cost RM38 per tube. So the shop says use 2 tubes, will come up RM76. So he charge u RM100, he makes RM26 profit. So do u think RM26 workmanship cheap or not? B)

Keng

Known Member
Nov 14, 2003
Visit site
i just went 2 da spare part shop dis morning & got meself 1 of da sikaflex.....cost me RM28 .....

wan 2 diy meself coz kinda short of money lately...used RM200 2 servis, change brek pad & fix my bearing just now...

sexycar

4,000 RPM
Feb 10, 2004
©ït¥ ðf Thïêvê§
Visit site
i think u dont fix it yourself.... windscreens are very tricky to install...
u might think u had done a neat job after fixing it but trust me...
i had a friend who reinstall the front windscreen 3 times at a
so called professional windscreen shop. Once installed the windscreen
might look perfect, with the gum all neatly & securely applied... but
wait till rain comes & then u know... The preparation of the metal
must be super duper clean.. the top part, a-pillars, bottom near the
dash... there's method to apply the gum well & even... this is not a
simple job... bring it to someone who's an expert... if not u'll end up
buying glue over & over again for your windscreen installation

narx

1,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Visit site
yup true what has these forumers has to say....
i did mine twice already and it still leaks.. :( spend a few hundred...
sad to say..i`m driving an old car(21 years old)..
but anyway if ur driving an old car..better diy ler..slowy fine the leak and patch up...

if ur driving a new car(6 years old still consider new ler.., i`m talking 20 years old and older),
change the rubber and ask them to put glue into it.....

if u were to diy, be prepare for a messy job... :),
be prepare to drive around without carpet and dashboard(thats what i did ler n kind of fun)... that way u can see where the leak is coming from..
be prepare to have a lot of rags in the car to soak the water when it pours
be prepare to scarp glue off ur paint(its hurts)
be prepare to get all sticky(hhhhmm)

I`ve done this and till today it still leaks..but at least it getting better.. so i must have patch the correct hole :) phew

From experience, if i got extra cash, i wouldn`t mind spending but then again, a poor boy does the poor hard way..

u decide. :)

MrMiyagi

Jul 2, 2004
whoa...that's a lot of money to spend on the windscreen ler fren.....

what i did was stick those paper based selefon tape (forgot how to spell...) on the edge & voila, no more problem now :lol: :lol: ....although it looks awful :rolleyes:

netmatrix

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
P Jaya:Malaysia
kh_tan.tripod.com
Oh RM28 hehehe. Forgot liao the price. But do you know why is it pricey? Its POLYEURATHANE, not SILICONE. It would last like hell. Silicone are for sissies. hahaha. Damn, now everyone knows already, sure naik harga one like this. :lol: :lol:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi All,

I have a problem with my car(honda city idsi 2003), i could not start it last time, i thought battery problem but when turn on the keys shows power on normally, signal ok, light ok, i found that small alarm button near the side mirror adjuster control was red blinking, probably i think that was the reason i could not start the engine, could anyone advice to me how to reset the alarm because my remote control already damage before. Hopefully anyone can help me..:confused:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience